969 users online (140 members and 829 guests)  

Websleuths News

Not Of This World

Thumbs down Labor: Lavish CEO pay still rising

Remember the outrage over lavish Wall Street bonuses doled out in the wake of the financial crisis? The brouhaha supposedly put an end to the outrageous pay packages enjoyed by many American CEOs -- and not just in the financial sector.

But over two years later, very little has changed. A new website launched by the AFL-CIO, aimed at focusing public attention on excessive executive compensation, touts some shocking numbers. Among them:

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Laguna Beach, CA
    If it's not federal dollars, I'm not sure what the issue is if a CEO is paid based on performance and meeting the goals set forth by the Board/Public Shareholders?

At what point is too much money?

Richard Trumka (the President of the AFL-CIO) increased his yearly salary by nearly $74,000—from $165,000 to $238,975— in the last four years. That amounts to a 44 percent salary increase. In addition, Trumka will also get an AFL-CIO pension equal to 60 percent of his top pay.
    http://www.laboreducator.org/laborsvoice60.htm - That's 7 union laborers at their median wage.....