Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #11

TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #11

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
    Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
    http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133271"]Thread #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133444"]Thread #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133530"]Thread #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6348742#post6348742"]Thread #4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6350683"]Thread #5[/ame]

Thread #6

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133768"]Thread #7[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133833"]Thread #8[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6364838#post6364838"]Thread #9[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133993"]Thread #10[/ame]

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
    -It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
    -If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information[/ame]

Holly Bobo Map
    Created by Hollye Thanks!

Please continue here!
    Last edited by imamaze; 04-21-2011 at 07:31 PM.
    When your child goes missing: A Family Survival Guide
    Missing Adult Checklist
    Websleuth's Resource Center

F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
    Fight for you

Respect you
    Include you
    Encourage you
    Need you
    Deserve you
    Stand by you

Bring my question over from last thread:

could the statement on the tweet "ATV'S, horses, walking teams all encouraged to return in force" bbm an indication that they have a suspect but not enough to hold him and hoping to find more evidence that will give them enough to charge or hold the suspect longer or even make an arrest?

Quote Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
    I don;t think she would had her backpack on if she was getting ready to drive

Myself, my husband and my kids put our backpacks on till we get to the truck.. i think he nabbed her before she was able to get it off of her shoulder which we usually do as we're opening the door of the vehicle that is unless we've got other stuff in our hands, then we put whatever is in out hands on the seat and then unshoulder the backpack.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

I still believe she either knew the guy who was taking her across the lawn or he was askingmher for help and either showed blood to get her to help him or something?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to another nosey mom For This Useful Post:

Yall hang tough. I have to be AFK & will BBL.
    Keep hope alive for Holly ..... until we absolutely know the facts/truth.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JustyThoughts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    Myself, my husband and my kids put our backpacks on till we get to the truck.. i think he nabbed her before she was able to get it off of her shoulder which we usually do as we're opening the door of the vehicle that is unless we've got other stuff in our hands, then we put whatever is in out hands on the seat and then unshoulder the backpack.
    My daughter does the same thing. I think he popped out and surprised her before she got to her car.
    ***ELVIS has left the building***

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CHARLISA For This Useful Post:

ATV'S, horses, walking teams all encouraged to return in force. #hollybobo #teamholly

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley as reported per peeples

This is very spooky and strange as I thought they were going to resume the search tomorrow - something happened IMO

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CHARLISA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLISA View Post
    ATV'S, horses, walking teams all encouraged to return in force. #hollybobo #teamholly

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley as reported per peeples

This is very spooky and strange as I thought they were going to resume the search tomorrow - something happened IMO
    this is for tomorrow so they can resume search.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hinman For This Useful Post:

willnunley Will Nunley
    Source: officials canvass waterways and undisclosed new areas of Decatur County. Volunteers will likely help in these zones tomorrow.

IMO (please forgive the bluntness) something lead them to believe she was either being kept in those areas, or that she was buried/left in those undisclosed areas. They wanted to conduct the search officially as they believed they might find her and did not want "volunteers" to possibly contaminate the scene. They didn't find anything...

JMO

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lishac23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hinman View Post
    this is for tomorrow so they can resume search.
    Oh thank you so much for clearing that up. I was so worried that they were calling them back today.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CHARLISA For This Useful Post:

Left work and I am now home. Please tell me there is someone in custody or they found something....

I don't think they are being directed at this point by anything more than where they have and have not already searched. MOO. I don't think they have found anything more in the woods than what we have heard about. I think the interesting findings have all been made at the lab. Once again, MOO.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

I don't think it's unusual for her to have cooperated with the perp even if she didn't know him.

Think about how often armed men and even armed groups of men have allowed themselves to be taken prisoner by hostile enemies because they thought being taken prisoner and allowing themselves to be under total control of enemies was their best chance to survive.

If armed groups of trained soldiers often give themselves up as prisoners, it's hard to expect a 20 year old girl to make the right decisions when she was suddenly in a very frightening situation she had never been in before.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MLE For This Useful Post:

Anyone got a map of the county handy? We can see how much of the river is in the county and narrow it down a bit.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SDT View Post
    Left work and I am now home. Please tell me there is someone in custody or they found something....
    Nope found nothing n0o one in custody...Been very quiet today.

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    Anyone got a map of the county handy? We can see how much of the river is in the county and narrow it down a bit.
    hERE YA GO!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...65918&z=11link

LOL, well that narrows it down to what, about 30 miles of river.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    LOL, well that narrows it down to what, about 30 miles of river.
    lol YUP!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

How soon after the brother saw her, did he call 911? Does anyone know the time he called?

I was just thinking, that if her brother thought she was in distress, and called 911. Did he got into the woods to see if he could find her?

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lorma For This Useful Post:

So if this perp came from the woods, superficially cut himself, that would leave flecks of blood, as he crossed the lawn, if in fact there were flecks of blood on the grass.
    Had himself hidden, when Holly was by her car, came out and had a gun, told her not to scream and come with him, people are usually pretty compliant with a gun pointed at them.
    While he was at the carport, he could have still been bleeding, but not profusely, left a small amount of blood.
    If he was holding a gun on her, she more than likely would have done as he asked, held on to her things and went with him.
    We don't know for sure what the brother heard or why he was looking out the window, we only know he saw her walking into the woods, with who he thought was her boyfriend, in camo clothing, I don't believe he said he was slender.
    The perp more than likely had a car stashed, put her in it and drove off.
    If her lunch box was found 8 miles away, if they were on foot, I would think the dogs could have tracked them.
    LE has a reason for keeping so quiet, I really think they know something, not just everything.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jo in Calif For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lorma View Post
    I was just thinking, that if her brother thought she was in distress, and called 911. Did he got into the woods to see if he could find her?
    That would make sense wouldn't it. To run to the woods and see if you could find her. If it was my relative, that is what I would have done, while calling 911 on my phone.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to CHARLISA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jo in Calif View Post
    So if this perp came from the woods, superficially cut himself, that would leave flecks of blood, as he crossed the lawn, if in fact there were flecks of blood on the grass.
    Had himself hidden, when Holly was by her car, came out and had a gun, told her not to scream and come with him, people are usually pretty compliant with a gun pointed at them.
    While he was at the carport, he could have still been bleeding, but not profusely, left a small amount of blood.
    If he was holding a gun on her, she more than likely would have done as he asked, held on to her things and went with him.
    We don't know for sure what the brother heard or why he was looking out the window, we only know he saw her walking into the woods, with who he thought was her boyfriend, in camo clothing, I don't believe he said he was slender.
    The perp more than likely had a car stashed, put her in it and drove off.
    If her lunch box was found 8 miles away, if they were on foot, I would think the dogs could have tracked them.
    LE has a reason for keeping so quiet, I really think they know something, not just everything.
    I do believe the brother said that the guy was around 200 lbs. and between 5'8" and 6'. My hubby is 6'1" and roughly 185 lbs. and he's not a slender guy.

Heather said the person that tried to nab her was slender.

I don't think these two cases are related yet both have similarities which would definitely have me scared living around there.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to curiousc For This Useful Post:

Maybe the blood matched DNA in a cold hit, i.e in a case where they have DNA but no perp?

Also, if he had told her someone was injured in the woods, wouldn't she have been moving quickly, or evening running? And why would she ever let someone lead her, i.e. touch her, unless he was armed or she knew him? That is not likely to me at all.
    Just my opinion, of course.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Well, after a week of speculation and the same questions repeated over and over again (because we have next to nothing to go on), I think we can all agree there is something fishy going on. What it is ... who knows. Something just seems off...

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to casseole For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast