1510 users online (299 members and 1211 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Bomback Family, missing since Hurricane Ivan, 15 Sept 2004

This family is missing from FL...the last time anyone saw a member of the family was 9-15, when the man was refueling his Cessna in Atmore, AL...told an airport worker he was unsure of where he was going to escape Ivan...did not file a flight plan...worker not sure if his family was on board the plane with him or not, but the wife and two children are missing, as well.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...tion-headlines

I just saw this. Sadly, the entire family was killed in a plane crash in Mississippi.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines

Quote Originally Posted by Cypros
    I just saw this. Sadly, the entire family was killed in a plane crash in Mississippi.

]

Cypros, thank you so much for the update...I couldn't find any updates to this and I was looking every day. I kind of figured this is what happened...how tragic!!!

I was looking up an article on a link posted on another forum (relating to a serial killer) and happened to see the headline for this story. That poor family. The father was crazy to be flying in that weather, but I am sure that he thought he could handle it and that it would get them farther away faster. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypros
    I was looking up an article on a link posted on another forum (relating to a serial killer) and happened to see the headline for this story. That poor family. The father was crazy to be flying in that weather, but I am sure that he thought he could handle it and that it would get them farther away faster. So sad.

I agree...very, very sad and needless.

How sad....

I live in mississippi, the weather wasn't very bad here during the storm, especially in central MS where they were found, the highest winds were in south MS and they weren't that windy at all. I don't know if weather was involved. It is certainly sad that it happened.