Page 40 of 102 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
    Right. Whole new tack on this.

Brad hacked himself from home. Motive, means, opportunity (and all those tech qualifications). He was trying to clean it up. Took him 3 tries, but he got all the timestamps changed. He knew exactly which 41 seconds to look for.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bottle Cap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FullDisclosure View Post
    To be clear, it was all the timestamps in the SAM column. Of all the timestamps on the whole computer history, somewhere around 2% were invalid. 100% of the timestamps in the SAM column for the 41 second Fielding Dr. search were invalid. It made me go hmmmmm.....
    What is SAM?

Quote Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
    I'm kinda confused as to which side of the fence you were currently on!
    I've been clear since the "smoking gun" bomb that I was on the guilty side, but barely hanging on the fence. I wanted to see what the defense had to offer.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne130 View Post
    I guess it would depend on the mindset. When Brad was being interviewed, he seemed very focused on the jogging bras. If a person were of that mindset, the first thing they might determine had to be put on a jogging woman might be the jog bra. Once he had to struggle with that, he gave up on the rest. That makes a lot more sense to me than someone taking every other single item off except that bra. (They are easier to get off than on. MOO)
    Again, I did a google search for women murdered and found only in a bra (not jogging bra, just bra) and there were tons of hits. So it's not that "unusual" to find a murder victim with nothing but a bra on

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackWoman View Post
    Chappell did not offer an opinion on why they showed invalid timestamps, but opined that it could just be normal for the OS. The defense has contended that they were altered to reflect 7/11. The other timestamp on all of the files shows 7/11.
    Normal OS changes that cause invalid time stamps at the exact moment he is doing a google search sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    What is SAM?
    Security Accounts Manager --> Read all about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Accounts_Manager
    Last edited by KateB; 05-31-2015 at 11:45 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

Sounds like you have an interesting weekend ahead of you.
    I just love it when you use the little guys!

'Make's me wanna dance, throw my head back, dance'

Quote Originally Posted by FullDisclosure View Post
    Okay, before I go to bed, here's the other part of cross I found relevant.

Kurtz began asking about router logs...
    K-FBI never asked for router logs. Is it true that dropping a file from an internal hard drive can result in an invalid timestamp?
    C-It's possible.
    K-You are aware of a lot of activity on port 445? C-Yes. K-Port 445 is for file sharing. All activity was denied, wasn't it? According to the CSA log?
    The fact that attempts from an internal address were denied --couldn't that mean that someone made it into the network?
    C-Give me the date.
    K-July 15. 3 attempts in a row. What could this mean? That someone made it into the network?
    C-Yes, but it could be benign.
    K-When did you look at the CSA log?
    C-Last night.
    K-Why didn't you look at the CSA log before last night?
    C-This is not the only case I was working on.

(Me--??????)
    Wow, how ridiculous. The "star" witness for the prosecution doesn't even fully look at the data until the night before he is to testify. Really?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bottle Cap View Post
    You guys don't mess around do ya? I don't know, might still have to do it over here myself, and drag someone by their arms or legs. Never heard of anybody being dragged BY a bra. (Well I have, but that's another story and all the people were alive.)
    It was an interesting thread, but yes she did reenact it twice. The first time (if I remember), it was her husband trying to put the jog bra on. The second time, she "played dead" and he drug her around. We're trying to get the prosecution or defense to call her as a witness.

I've been clear since the "smoking gun" bomb that I was on the guilty side, but barely hanging on the fence. I wanted to see what the defense had to offer.
    I wasn't being smart with you. There's a lot of posters and I honestly couldn't remember!

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    So did Brad modify the time stamp on the computer, do the search, then return the time stamp to the correct time?
    I'm pretty confident in saying No. If he was going to do that, why not just use another computer at the office that wasn't his (like a lab computer).

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne130 View Post
    I would need to know the time. Could it have been Brad trying to get back into his own computer from a remote location? That would make the most sense to me.
    He would know the password to get in. The attempts wouldn't have failed (at least not 3 times).

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

Again, I did a google search for women murdered and found only in a bra (not jogging bra, just bra) and there were tons of hits. So it's not that "unusual" to find a murder victim with nothing but a bra on
    No, that's not unusual in and of itself. It's the fact that she went running and should have had shoes and socks, and most importantly, Brad had a clairvoyant moment and offered up the info of the one and only thing she was wearing.

I don't agree with him doing it, but he posted nothing about the evidence in the trial. He was basically trying to clear up the misconceptions being posted in here about him.
    He did make vague references to 'there being something on the computer' dadada dah You know, that spooky music right before something scary happens in a movie. Me thinks judge would be ready to burst with fury. I mean, he was scary about the tweets. Witnesses just don't post online, during a trial. Even Judge Ito would have burst a vein.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bottle Cap View Post
    If Brad was home stewing at the computer Friday night, reading Nancy's email, logging on and off, getting himself worked up because he knew she was at the party talking about him... and realized he'd screwed up by leaving evidence of the Google search on his work computer, you mean? He might have tried to access it remotely to clean it up?
    He wouldn't need to access it remotely. The laptop was in the Cooper house on Friday night.

Page 40 of 102 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast