1015 users online (191 members and 824 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Teen fakes pregnancy to teach peers a lesson

I don't like this.
    I don't understand it.
    What was she trying to accomplish... that part hasn't really been made all that clear......

I think what she did was a disservice to real pregnant teens.

http://www.kimatv.com/news/120428639.html

I read about this last night. Here is another link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42711421...and_parenting/

I believe she was doing it as a social experiment for her senior project.

Man, her bf's parents thought it was the truth! I would be rather livid if I were them.

It sounds like she may have done it partly for herself. She wants to go to school to work with troubled teens. How to see for yourself what a pregnant teen goes through other than to experience it yourself? I would rather see her do this than to actually get pregnant.

I don't think it was fair that her mother knew, but the boyfriend's parents didn't. But after her presentation I do think it is possible that some of the other girls in her class might see what she went through, and might try harder to keep from becoming pregnant.

Would I let my teen do this? I really don't know.

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    The biggest problem I have with this is that the boyfriend's parents didn't know. I'm sure they came to love that unborn baby...only to find out that it never existed. How do you mourn the loss of something that was never there? To them, that baby was REAL.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    After reading the second article, it makes a lot more sense. Pretty amazing, if you ask me. As Whyaduck said, if I was the boyfriend's parents, I would be mad!! Not that she's not really pg but because they were lied to for so long! I know that if that were my son, I would have been devastated. To have had to deal with all of those emotions for six months and then find out it was a lie..... ooooh, not good!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

6 months this girl lied and her boyfriend lied to his parents, even going so far as to tell them it was a boy...
    It's cruel!

I wish she would have just told the boyfriend's parents and have them be in on the "secret". She could still do her experiment and see how her classmates reacted to her being pregnant.

My high school would've never let someone do that experiment because it would mean no gym class for them for the entire year, and that would be a big NO NO.

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    I don't like this.
    I don't understand it.
    What was she trying to accomplish... that part hasn't really been made all that clear......

I think what she did was a disservice to real pregnant teens.

http://www.kimatv.com/news/120428639.html
    Don't like the lying to the boy's parents...just a bad idea IMO all around.

I wonder if it was the boy's idea not to tell his parents or if it was the girl's idea as part of the experiment?

It is interesting that a teen girl was able to fake the pregnancy with his parents. I mean after all, there are things about pregnancy that a teen wouldn't be expected to know, but an experienced mother would.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    I wonder if it was the boy's idea not to tell his parents or if it was the girl's idea as part of the experiment?

It is interesting that a teen girl was able to fake the pregnancy with his parents. I mean after all, there are things about pregnancy that a teen wouldn't be expected to know, but an experienced mother would.
    "...who enlisted two mentors from Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital's Childbirth Education Program to help her with the project."

That's quite the social experiment. Brave girl.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    "...who enlisted two mentors from Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital's Childbirth Education Program to help her with the project."
    I wonder how many people were involved in this emotional manipulation pulled on the boy's parents. This went on for SIX MONTHS!

While I was teaching high school, it was really emotional for me, dealing with pregnant teens. They weren't even my family! I cringe to think of the stress these two were put through, as an experiment.

I really feel for these people. Who does this to someone? This girl, the boy, and the many adults were fully aware of what they were doing. Inexcusable! IMO
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    That's quite the social experiment. Brave girl.
    What exactly was the purpose of this experiment?
    Frankly there are enough pregnant teenagers as it is, without one having to fake it. So I really fail to understand what was it all about.

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anaïs Nin
    Personally, if I were her friend, I'd wonder wtf she was thinking and probably cut her out of my life. In no way did the ends justify the means here! It is completely known that pregnant teens will face what she did...it's been going on for some time now...you know, like the 50s stereotypical birth houses far away. She lied and played on people's emotions for 6 months, not a week or two! I think shes a psycho and enjoyed it. It's not like this was for national security!!! As always, MOO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast