TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap
image_thumb
image_thumb

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Thread #11

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information

Holly Bobo Map
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Please continue here!

About causing a ruckus at the 1st crime scene. Yes, experts say do that to your utmost degree.

It's all about not allowing the perp. to take you to a secondary crime scene or location.

I think this case has a 3rd, 4th...who knows how many?

About causing a ruckus at the 1st crime scene. Yes, experts say do that to your utmost degree.

It's all about not allowing the perp. to take you to a secondary crime scene or location.

I doubt this is the guys FIRST. Could be but I doubt it. Its too bold and brazen (and well done) to be just beginners luck.

Carla stated on previous thread...

As for her just walking into the woods thinking she was going to help someone that was injured... which I do not believe at all in any capacity...

why not call 911 first

why didnt the so called injured person call 911? even kindergarten kids have cell phones now

would a suspect risk standing around explaining this story to her when she could say hey let me get my brother...

If you cut yourself to have blood to show Holly why would you have to go back into the woods for help?

Aparently the amount of blood found is not described as being huge quantities

It has been said Holly was being led with a hand on her arm or around her shoulder... in theory if she were following it would be jsut that... he would be running ahead yelling hurry hurry not pushing her along in front of him.

LE said they think she was in fear for her life when she was going into the woods and while she was walking it may not have been voluntary.

IF she were following someone for help, why carry a back pack and school stuff (whatever she had?). The woods where they disappeared have been described as being thick (so that a dog had to be carried?) You would leave that stuff at your car.

I don't necessarily think this is what really occurred.. but if it did play out this way, and Holly knew the person, then I could see all the above ^. I think the key in this scenario is knowing the person and having enough trust to believe what he's telling you.

I have never had the opportunity to volunteer for a search so I really am clueless about what that looks and feels like for the citizens volunteers who participate. Can anyone here who has done so as Joe Q. CaringCitizen describe what that is like? What sort of guidance are amateurs like me given when we are sent out on a search like this one?

I agree completely with all you said!!
I also believe that the perp will not kill Holly unless he kills himself.
I believe the abduction site is 1st, an abandoned building/shack is the 2nd, a cave or underground shelter is the 3rd and probably his choice for a long period to come.
There is probably a 4th if he keeps her successfully.
I agree w/the ATF agent. Holly is alive.
IMO the perp is waiting for things to cool off.
And eventually the searchers will be asked to stop.
Just not yet.
Stay strong Holly. Help is nearby. You may be able to hear the helicopters and the dogs. Just not allowed to respond.
JMO

Yes, that's what I've heard from self defense experts too.
Yet, who would expect to be apprehended first thing in the morning in your own carport - poor girl. I mean, one should be on guard in a mall parking lot and public places but one's own driveway - that's terrible.

I read a rumor that an old ex had sent a threatening message to Holly. Has that ever been substantiated?

I agree completely with all you said!!
I also believe that the perp will not kill Holly unless he kills himself.
I believe the abduction site is 1st, an abandoned building/shack is the 2nd, a cave or underground shelter is the 3rd and probably his choice for a long period to come.
There is probably a 4th if he keeps her successfully.
I agree w/the ATF agent. Holly is alive.
IMO the perp is waiting for things to cool off.
And eventually the searchers will be asked to stop.
Just not yet.
Stay strong Holly. Help is nearby. You may be able to hear the helicopters and the dogs. Just not allowed to respond.
JMO

Oh I hope and pray you are right.
I had a hard time falling asleep last night thinking about this. A young, beautiful girl - I just don't understand the evil on earth.

As for her just walking into the woods thinking she was going to help someone that was injured... which I do not believe at all in any capacity...

why not call 911 first

why didnt the so called injured person call 911? even kindergarten kids have cell phones now

would a suspect risk standing around explaining this story to her when she could say hey let me get my brother...

If you cut yourself to have blood to show Holly why would you have to go back into the woods for help?

It has been said Holly was being led with a hand on her arm or around her shoulder... in theory if she were following it would be jsut that... he would be running ahead yelling hurry hurry not pushing her along in front of him.

LE said they think she was in fear for her life when she was going into the woods and while she was walking it may not have been voluntary.

IF she were following someone for help, why carry a back pack and school stuff (whatever she had?). The woods where they disappeared have been described as being thick (so that a dog had to be carried?) You would leave that stuff at your car.

I don't necessarily think this is what really occurred.. but if it did play out this way, and Holly knew the person, then I could see all the above ^. I think the key in this scenario is knowing the person and having enough trust to believe what he's telling you.

I think she did know the perp! She also made sure she had her cell phone with her. If there was ATV trails as some have suggested here then she never sensed it was dangerous for her.

I have never had the opportunity to volunteer for a search so I really am clueless about what that looks and feels like for the citizens volunteers who participate. Can anyone here who has done so as Joe Q. CaringCitizen describe what that is like? What sort of guidance are amateurs like me given when we are sent out on a search like this one?

Hopefully they were checked in and ID's were checked and written down. With that many people, likely they are handed a sheet that tells them what to be on the lookout (BOLO) for and sent on their way. Little guidance or training sadly. This would be why they had to find people via chopper and what not.

why not call 911 first

Perhaps but if she knew the person she still probably would call 911, could ask for her brothers help, would put her books down and leave them, etc. I would think also if it was someone that knew her might be able to get her at another location and not in front of her house. IDK. I think it was a planned grab at the front of the house and that she did not know the person. Know as in friend. The suspect was familiar with her and her house and maybe her routine in the morning but not her whole day and night life to get her in a more private or less obvious area.

That just seems most straight forward and has fewer loopholes to me. Its simpler, has fewer assumptions, relies on less participation by holly.

I intially brought this case up here on the board before NG talked about it. Once again, borrowing from the below referenced case, here is a partial list of items Filyaw had with him in the Elizabeth Shoaf abduction, this is in 2006. How much more so an abductor in 2011 who had military, hunting, law enforcement, technological expertise?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinson_Filyaw

After 10 days in captivity,[1] the victim convinced Filyaw to let her borrow his cellular phone to play games, but she had an entirely different use in mind. Once he fell asleep, she text messaged her mother and friends, who contacted the police.

The authorities then began to triangulate the bunker's position through the cell phone towers. Filyaw saw that he was under pursuit by watching the news on a battery-powered television in the bunker.

Filyaw was five miles from his house, carrying a taser, pellet gun, and knife, when he was arrested. He was charged with kidnapping, possession of an incendiary device (a flare gun), and impersonating a police officer, with other charges pending.

News 3 at 5 says searchers taking a closer look at Natchez Trace Park.
TBI still only confirming white lunchbag found.
Saying the Bobo home so close to the county line.
1500 searchers asked to respond this weekend.
735 signed in to help search today.

I think she did know the perp! She also made sure she had her cell phone with her. If there was ATV trails as some have suggested here then she never sensed it was dangerous for her.

I think she knew him also.

Hopefully they were checked in and ID's were checked and written down. With that many people, likely they are handed a sheet that tells them what to be on the lookout (BOLO) for and sent on their way. Little guidance or training sadly. This would be why they had to find people via chopper and what not.

Thanks sarx. Would volunteers be assigned a specific plot of land to search? And besides the ID check and registering, there probably is very little accountability, right? I mean I could do a really poor or haphazard job searching and yet it would be assumed the area I was assigned to search had been cleared after I was done? If so, that must be frustrating to experts such as yourself. Please know I mean no disrespect to the hundreds of volunteers in this case. They are a demonstration of compassion and sacrifice that is so valuable in itself. It just seems it would be difficult to maintain a high degree of confidence that the search is as thorough and accurate as needed. But again, my hat is off to ALL who have given their time to to it.

Ok good nite y'all. Got to start on dinner. Everyone have a good nite and be safe!

L

Perhaps but if she knew the person she still probably would call 911, could ask for her brothers help, would put her books down and leave them, etc. I would think also if it was someone that knew her might be able to get her at another location and not in front of her house. IDK. I think it was a planned grab at the front of the house and that she did not know the person. Know as in friend. The suspect was familiar with her and her house and maybe her routine in the morning but not her whole day and night life to get her in a more private or less obvious area.

That just seems most straight forward and has fewer loopholes to me. Its simpler, has fewer assumptions, relies on less participation by holly.

It was all planned, I agree on that. I just can't imagine someone attempting to grab her & then NOT drop everything. Because she'd be fighting a stranger with all her might. Unless he used a taser to stun her...then I have no idea how long it would take for her to start snapping out of a taser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni