1418 users online (206 members and 1212 guests)  

Websleuths News

Tornado causes injuries at St. Louis airport

ST. LOUIS – Authorities say at least five people have been treated for minor injuries after an apparent tornado ripped through Lambert Field in St. Louis.

The storm lifted a roof off the terminal and sent plate glass flying everywhere. Airport spokesman Jeff Lea says four people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries, and another person was treated at the scene.

Lea said the airport was shut down Friday night and planes were diverted to other locations.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110423/...issouri_storms

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Daisyjane is offline "All the clouds are clearing, and I think we're over the storm."
    This is local for me. Some houses have been FLATTENED, a church collapsed during their Good Friday Service, and the rubble looks like in Japan or Katrina. My brother is a 911 dispatcher, and it was a hot time in the old call center last night.

Prayers for everyone in the area...I have a dear friend who travels through STL on a regular/weekly basis...he's all right, thank God. But still. It's pretty bad out there.

Best-
    Herding Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Daisyjane View Post
    This is local for me. Some houses have been FLATTENED, a church collapsed during their Good Friday Service, and the rubble looks like in Japan or Katrina. My brother is a 911 dispatcher, and it was a hot time in the old call center last night.
    Are the church members OK?

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Daisyjane is offline "All the clouds are clearing, and I think we're over the storm."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Are the church members OK?
    Yes, it's quite amazing. Despite all the destruction from the whole storm system, we're told there are no deaths. There's been story after story on TV all day, of large buildings destroyed, elderly folks riding the storm out in their recliners, conversion vans flipped over on their sides, but just a handful of minor injuries.
    Next up, large scale flooding, as we are expecting more storms and heavy rain every day for the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisyjane View Post
    Yes, it's quite amazing. Despite all the destruction from the whole storm system, we're told there are no deaths. There's been story after story on TV all day, of large buildings destroyed, elderly folks riding the storm out in their recliners, conversion vans flipped over on their sides, but just a handful of minor injuries.
    Next up, large scale flooding, as we are expecting more storms and heavy rain every day for the next week.
    Wow, praise the Lord there were no casualties despite the direct hits!

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Great Video of the St. Louis Tornado after it hit Alton Illinois.

Screen capture of a lightning bolt lighting up the tornado from the 38 second mark.

Last edited by KateB; 06-14-2015 at 04:44 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    .............Any man's death diminishes me because I am
    involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
    it tolls for thee. . . .
    from Meditation 17
    by John Donne

We have a boy in St. Louis that has gone missing when he was due home at the height of the storm. Please look at the Missing forums for Myles Aaron Russell and let's help bring this boy home.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella5 View Post
    We have a boy in St. Louis that has gone missing when he was due home at the height of the storm. Please look at the Missing forums for Myles Aaron Russell and let's help bring this boy home.
    Praying for his return, in Jesus' Name, amen!

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella5 View Post
    His case has been pulled from the forum for review. Stella, I see that you are local, too. Where did you learn of this missing boy? My brother is a St. Louis County 911 dispatcher, and he has not heard of this at work or on the news. I've been a bit out of the loop due to other concerns, so am not current on local news.
    Last edited by Daisyjane; 04-24-2011 at 09:05 AM. Reason: to provide more info

Here is some rather dramatic footage of the tornado hitting the airport:

I grew up just 5 minutes north of here. All I can say is, thank goodness no one was killed in this storm.
    Last edited by KateB; 06-18-2015 at 05:08 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Great Video of the St. Louis Tornado after it hit Alton Illinois.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnyGNA_rZwo

Screen capture of a lightning bolt lighting up the tornado from the 38 second mark.

That screenshot is scary!

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/255...rt-storm-chaos

St. Louis Airport storm caught on camera

Some rather dramatic footage taken by security cameras inside the airport when the tornado hit.