Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798]Rules Etiquette & Information[/ame]
Holly Bobo Map
Created by Hollye Thanks!
Please continue here!
When your child goes missing: A Family Survival Guide
Missing Adult Checklist
Websleuth's Resource Center
Fight for you
Stand by you
someone was looking for the John Walsh clip.. I just found it (he talks about two cases)
This bee my opinion
They may just be protecting the family if there have been any stupid threats against the brother, something like that...which is possible, as there was a lot of hostility out there in internet-land, anyway and still is. I don't think it means that they think the perp will come back to the house.
Just my opinion, of course.
ok, i found what i saw this morning on fox, the interview with john walsh. its at about 1.47 after the st. louis jailbreak and before the NMEC polo charity .... make of it what you will...
wanted to bring this forward as i didnt realize that the thread was closing...
Please keep in mind the no discussion, news only thread to follow what's taking place. Please add news links to it:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133246"]TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20 yrs old, Decatur County, 13 April 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
I was thinking about the gal 40 miles away who reported an attempted abduction. Sure looks like the same MO and has me thinking about about things I find strange/different about HB case from others, namely the fast ramp up of getting FBI, TBI, involved, the Gov. increasing the reward... something seems up with all of that, plus how tight-lipped they are...
Getting back to the other gal... so much to be gleaned there... does she have a FB page, was the perp on her page, did she ever see or have contact with him.... but nothing said about any of this?
509 volunteers as of 1:00 pm
awwww... I know they wanted 1500.... :-(
This bee my opinion
I wish I could travel to go help search. It is an awful feeling to want to help but cannot.
Still not sure, do we have any verified locals?
I'm not sure WHAT I think of all this, but I'm sure there is a sociological or psychological reason why last weekend saw greater numbers of searchers than this one.
I think it is reasonable to think they could have a POI that they are watching and not arresting.
There have been several cases where watching the suspects actually led them to the victim. (Kiesha. missing since July was found just a couple days ago... the "caregivers" went to her grave on her birthday allowing LE to find her body and make the arrests. In another case they told the father they would find his daughter, he hadn't hidden her well enough... so he went and moved her body.)
In this case it appears everyone has hope Holly is alive.
In Zina's case the Prosecutor's still had hope of that so they made a deal... no death penalty if he led them to her. She wasn't alive, but they made the deal because they thought she still could be.
With a man in custody, but no way of knowing whether Zina was still alive, Pierce County Prosecuting Attorney Gerald Horne weighed an offer that could potentially spare the lives of both victim and suspect.
"We were afraid that time was running out," Horne said Monday. "Had the suspect stashed Zina? Was she bound and abandoned but actually alive? Was she imprisoned somewhere? Did she need water? There was only one who could answer those questions: the suspect."
So Horne offered Terapon Adhahn a deal: Take investigators to the little girl and prosecutors would not seek the death penalty in the event she was dead.
On July 12, eight days after she was kidnapped from outside her family's home, Adhahn led police to a rural area west of Eatonville. There they found the girl's body. She had been killed by a blow to the head.
Makes me believe that she does own one.
She could have been targeted and stalked by the perp while out riding.
See this makes me think that there are trails that an ATV could've been used on, because there seem to be horse trails around the Bobo house.
At least that's what some of the aerial pictures seem to show.
I admit I don't see that well, but it seemed to me that the house was surrounded by a gravel trail very much like the ones used to exercise a horse.
For the oddest reason, I also don't think the bloodspray on the yard was human.
and, I really think the downturn in the volunteer effort was predicated by the Easter holiday. JMO, of course.
I wanted to throw out some counterpoints and additions to the thoughts be tossed around:
1. The possible text to the B/F. If it happened after she was abducted there's only three possibilities. A: It came from her after she was abducted, B: it came from the abductor or C: it came from Holly and either because of poor signal strength/glitch didn't get delivered until the phone came within range of signal. It happens here near a major metro area that for whatever reason text messages I send to the spouse don't get through and will come flooding in when the phone is suddenly in range but "appear" to be from that time. In the case of A/B it's possible the perp would not have known people had called 911 and as others have said was trying to buy more time and or/create an alibi. If she sent a hypothetical text at 830am and someone wasn't where they should have been at that time they had a potential alibi.
2. Cell coverage is not great in that area. Here is an AT&T map I posted earlier. I do not know which brand phone she had/carrier but this will likely be somewhat similar from the others. There's a huge area of weak signal in the main search areas. This could have effected the phones ability to get a signal/ping even if it was still working. http://www.wireless.att.com/coverage...98180565&sci=7
3. I believe all carriers have the ability to recall which phones were active in which areas. Lack of towers would probably make extreme pinpointing tough though.
4. MOO but I think LE has a much better idea than we think. The roadblocks themselves I thought were very telling and the timing followed the announcement of having the blood tests back and that they weren't going to release them. It also timed out with the idea of the cell ping which could have initially been thought to be part of the movement out of the area but now may have been viewed as something else. MOO.
5. "In fear for her life" or along those lines were the words used at the time by LE. Remember it isn't just what they said but what they didn't say. Just because they didn't specifically say something.....MOO they said enough for me to understand why she was in fear for her life. Either she had a strong reason to fear for her life because of who this person was/known to her, or this person had a gun like most hunters, or both.
Hypothetically I think at some point as a spouse or parent of a missing person it gets to a point. Statistics probably show that at this time range the chances of a favorable outcome are lowering. As a parent would I want LE to perhaps somewhat recklessly do what they have to do to find my child dead or alive but then maybe have a hard time prosecuting because the route they took to get there, or would I want them to methodically do what they have to do to put the perp behind bars forever probably understanding there's not a great likelihood of a safe return anyway?
I am of the opinion that they are desperately looking for evidence that definitively ties this abduction to a particular person(s) that they believe were involved. Until they get that proof they don't have the needed ammo to execute search warrants etc.
I think in a lot of these cases it ends up being some random person. Some nutjob that ended up in an area and does something bad. MOO I don't think that is the case here at all. Stepping away for a few days and thinking about it in totality there's just too much already known to think this is anything but someone well known to the family/community which is what LE has already been saying.
I think they've said far more than we realize. Hopefully with a successful return of a health Holly we will look back and say "wow that was more clear than we thought all along."
Last thought. In most other cases I can recall of this high a profile LE was very clear in who they ruled out. Current, old boyfriends, girlfriends etc. There have been statements made about a previous acquantaince and others. Surely by now LE knows whether those people were where they were supposed to be/accounted for between 6-830 am Wednesday. You would think to help focus the public they'd be ruling people out now. I think it's kind of telling that hasn't happened to any significance yet.
MOO LE, the family and the locals all have a very good idea of who was responsible.
I've been willing to let the brother off the hook and feel great compassion for him. He implies he hasn't taken a lie detector test.
I noticed that the news anchor used the word 'dragged' when it no longer appears to have been the case and John Walsh didn't correct him. Maybe Walsh doesn't know any more than we do.
He doesn't seem to have much hope left and I find that disheartening. Maybe loss of hope is why the number of searchers is way down. They just can't give up.
I know, invasion of privacy issues prevent this sort of thing..
I thought they hoped for 1500 over the course of the weekend...
As far as the text, it could/probably did come from Holly before she was abducted...the "news" on the NG page only said the ping reportedly came after. If phone only
pinged the one time, battery was removed, I believe.
This is starting to look like, to me anyway, that even if LE does have a POI and I am not convinced they do, that it may not help them find Holly.
Just my opinion, of course.