GUILTY UK - Guiseppe, 80, & Caterina Massaro, 77, brutally slain, W. Midlands, 22 April 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Double murder hunt launched as bodies of elderly Italian couple are found at house in Midlands (Daily Mail)
The bodies of a murdered elderly Italian couple have been discovered at their home in the West Midlands.

Police today named the 80-year-old man and 77-year-old woman found dead in Wolverhampton as Guiseppe and Catarino Massaro.

They were found by a close relative in the Park Village area of the city yesterday, and police were called just after 8pm.
---
More at link above.
Susan Roberts, 61, who has lived in the street for 26 years, said: "I knew them, we knew him as Joe. They were absolutely lovely, it's so sad to hear what has happened.

"Everyone round here keeps themselves to themselves as there's a lot of people coming to live for just a short time. But they were lovely, he used to drink with my husband."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...r-bodies-of-elderly-couple-found-in-home.html

ITN report on the murders:
[video=youtube;edeDwchZfjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edeDwchZfjM[/video]

Well, don't want to offend and I have never been there but someone who knows has told me that this is quite a "difficult" locality.

I would hate to think that this lovely couple were killed for the sake of a car but people have been killed for less than that recently

Sad, to live long lives and then be snuffed out in their old age

'I saw my granddad lying still on the mattress': Woman, 23, tells of horrific
moment she discovered bludgeoned bodies of grandparents in bedroom

Miss Booth told the Sunday Mirror: 'When I got upstairs I opened their bedroom door and saw my granddad lying still on top of the mattress. I screamed to my mum to stay downstairs and walked over to touch the body. It was cold.

'That's when I noticed my gran lying next to him - her body was covered by the duvet. They were in their day clothes and I didn't see any blood or signs of a struggle.

'My grandparents were wonderful and loving people who worked hard all their lives and did not deserve to die like this.'

More at Sunday Mail link above.

[In a tribute released through West Midlands Police, the Massaros' family said] "We cannot even begin to grasp the evil that took place in their home and how frightened they would have been. An entire generation was taken away from us that day and we cannot comprehend how something could go this far.

"We only hope this devastation can save the lives of many other people by being aware that tragedy can strike at any time so all we can do is be more vigilant towards our neighbours and the entire community. Their lives will be sadly missed and this has severely affected our family and a lot of our friends."

More here, at the Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/feedarticle/9612063

Grandparents murdered in own bedroom victims of a 'sustained and ferocious' hammer and knife attack
---
At a press conference today, Superintendent Keith Wilson said magistrates in Birmingham had granted the force extra time to question two of the suspects.

He would not confirm which of the three men - two of those arrested are from Wolverhampton aged 32 and 21, while the third is a 30-year-old from Birmingham - the warrant referred to.
---
Grandson Richard Booth, 22, also from Wolverhampton, said his grandparents were charismatic people.

‘Caterina was a genuine and honest woman - she made the best home-made food like pasta, lasagne and pizza.

‘My granddad was an honourable and down to earth man - when he went to the pub he was the first in there offering to buy people rounds even if they didn't want one.’

Much more, with pictures galore, at Daily Mail link above.

Murder hunt police find two televisions
Today West Midlands Police said they had recovered two televisions outlined in a media appeal yesterday.

A spokeswoman said the televisions were recovered from addresses in Wolverhampton.

Police said three men arrested in connection with the case - two from Wolverhampton, aged 32 and 21, and a 30-year-old from Birmingham - continue to be questioned today.

Warrants of further detention run out later this afternoon and at midnight tonight.
more at Independent link above

From February 2012:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-17055609

Polish national Ireneusz Bartnowski, 22, of no fixed address, who denied the charges, was convicted of the murders at Wolverhampton Crown Court. Bartnowski was jailed for life and told he must serve a minimum of 34 years...

The court heard that Bartnowski had been staying with his sister and brother-in-law next door to the Massaros, having arrived in England just two weeks before the murders...

"Having murdered the couple and having stolen their belongings, you returned to the house the next day on two further occasions to see if there were more pickings."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back