Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - car found with baby inside - #1

God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

left the kid warm.......

good point k-9chaser

Someone wanted to keep the car warm...so perhaps needing it to be warm from the cold night before.. also leaving flashers going indicates no one was around....so either mom wanted to keep the kid safe or she was abducted and the abductor allowed the kid to have the heat and flashers going.... he may know her and the child...?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rescuemedic For This Useful Post:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...641589&sk=info

Appears to be her FB page. Set to private. Lots of friends.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Quote Originally Posted by rescuemedic View Post
    good point k-9chaser

Someone wanted to keep the car warm...so perhaps needing it to be warm from the cold night before.. also leaving flashers going indicates no one was around....so either mom wanted to keep the kid safe or she was abducted and the abductor allowed the kid to have the heat and flashers going.... he may know her and the child...?
    According to Weather Underground, the high in the area today was about 37F. At 6am, the temperature was 32F. That's at Fryeburg, ME, just over the border, which is the nearest official reporting station. North Conway/Conway is usually a couple of degrees warmer, but still, the heater would have been necessary.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    Map. The news articles say she had connections to Bridgton ME as well as Portland and Conway, so I took the route that went through Bridgton, figuring she'd probably go the familiar way.

Portland ME to Mt. Cranmore, NH
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

...wondering if she had trouble with the car and pulled over to investigate and someone spotted her and snatched her not noticing the child? (As they may have glanced over and seen she was alone as the child would have been harder to spot (especially at a quick glance)...
    Was anything about the state of the car revealed other than the fact it was running? A car can have plenty of issues and appear to work/run fine.. maybe the snow gave her issues or at least she may have thought something wasn't right with it.
    The person(s) who were trying to, "scare her" may have followed her and made her pull over and as a gut reaction she left the car on/blinkers on to keep the child safe/obvious...?
    Sounds like if it was a suicide she'd have better options as to how to ensure the safety of her child (not dragging the child along for the ride and risking harm..)
    She has a child but is not married.. I wonder where she stands with the dad as obviously that could speak volumes, potentially..(don't feel comfortable speculating about family members until more evidence or information is provided about them..just too soon, IMO)
    Enough thoughts for now; I have to cap it or I will type too much!
    I pray the child gets her mummy back... :-(

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lxo For This Useful Post:

I don't think she would abandon her child in that way. She had lots of friends and family she could have left her baby with. I really don't think she would have left her alone in a vehicle in the snow in a deserted area if she just wanted to run off somewhere. I think she was abducted. And I have to be somewhat grateful that the perp had enough heart to leave the child safely in a heated car.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

This is a girl who appears to have a lot of family support.

The baby is with her family now. (I believe the baby recently turned a year old for those wondering, I'm guessing the media just wasn't given the exact age. The pictures being shared are of a Krista with her birthday baby however.)

If she wanted to take off she could have dropped the baby off with her family just to "run to the store" and then not come back.

Tiffany Tehan was not a 20 year old single mother and she took off.

Her age does not cause me to think she ran away. I do not believe she took off. Given the information we have right now I think they need to look at people who would care about the baby. Father and his family first, which of course they will.

The day I turned 20 years old I was a single mother, with 2 children. I spent it at the hospital, my 8 month old daughter was there with seizures. I had her 18 month old sister with me because she also has special needs and nobody could babysit. That's how all our hospital visits went until they were about 5 and 6... both kids came even though only one needed to be there.

I didn't go out and still don't... never get a babysitter. I never considered leaving or giving up. I realize that I am an anomaly, I was never a teenager or a teen Mom... I was just a Mom. But I try to give young mothers credit unless they prove themselves to be a Casey Anthony.

IF this young woman, or any young woman does take off and leave her child... I am now simply grateful that they left and that child did not end up like Caylee or Emma or Lauren...

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

http://www.wmur.com/news/27648643/detail.html

This is our local news station, which gives very little information on this seemingly strange situation. My family and I go to N. Conway quite a bit in the summer (we live about 90 minutes from there) because of the mountains and lakes. This area is harsh to the elements (yes, we had snow yesterday and it's almost May) and the terrain can be horrible.

Strange that there is not a full blown search going on right now...

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Beentherebefore For This Useful Post:

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    I wonder when that pic was taken. I am about an hour from North Conway and the snow didn't start sticking till the afternoon. So in this case, if it started snowing there at 6 or 7 am, it would leave no trace of foot prints.
    This is a strange case. Do we know why she was out at 6:30 am? was she going to work, did she have a boyfriend, and left... I read this last night, she had the lights flashing, do they mean the hazard lights? I never think to put mine on when I'm pulled over especially if no one else was on the road.
    I hope they can tells us if she was having car trouble.

In most cases, I think its someone the person knows, which is sad.

I am glad the baby was safely inside a warm car. Under 2 years can be pretty bright and I wonder if she has mention anything, or anyone.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keeponsearching For This Useful Post:

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    http://www.conwaydailysun.com/node/461782

This one says, under the pic of the car that the door was open. " was found running with the door open, the emergency flasher on and her 14-month-old daughter inside"

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to keeponsearching For This Useful Post:

It started snowing yesterday. The ground was bare before it started snowing again yesterday and it snowed pretty much all day. Friday was a beautiful, sunny day, Saturday was awful. If she left the car there Friday night there wouldn't be any tracks to track her with.

FWIW. People leave their cars running here all the time, and I do mean all the time. They do not think anything of stopping somewhere, getting out and leaving the car running and locking or doors, or sometimes not locking them. The fact that the flashers were on is the super strange part of this. If Krista wanted to draw attention, that would be the way to do it. If a person were abducting her, would they allow her to stop and turn the flashers on? IDK. Cranmore is one of the most popular ski resorts here but there would be little to nothing going on there right now.

http://www.cranmore.com/summer/rides-activities
    Open Weekends from Memorial Day, May 28 through June 12 from 10am - 5pm
    This is stick season up here, not much going on. There is a fitness center at Cranmore which is very popular however and have classes throughout the season. It is a very popular place with the locals.
    Last edited by IWannaKnow; 04-24-2011 at 09:43 AM.
    My posts and their content are MY OPINION unless I have provided a link
    and are not to be copied and pasted to other sites or pages without my permission.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to IWannaKnow For This Useful Post:

This is out of the way. Way out of the way, not on main roads. The fitness center is not open at night. She had to have had a reason to go that direction. I wonder if she was coming this way for something for Easter, was gonna meet up with someone else, and agreed to meet at Cranmore.

The person who found the car could have opened the door.
    My posts and their content are MY OPINION unless I have provided a link
    and are not to be copied and pasted to other sites or pages without my permission.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IWannaKnow For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    was cell phone, purse, etc left behind or are personal items missing as well?

was she a member of this gym (ie, did she work out there)? Did it have child care?

((just thinking out loud))
    This bee my opinion

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Dittmeyer lives at 80 Tamarlane in Portland, though her car is registered to her at an address in Bridgton, police said. Authorities checked both residences but turned up no leads.

Dittmeyer graduated from Lake Region High School in 2008 and received the Frank Pike Jr. Memorial Scholarship and a scholarship from the Kendal C. & Anna Ham Charitable Foundation.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/port...011-04-24.html

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=80+Tamarlane,+Portland,+ ME&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=42.351539,-83.489312&sspn=0.011798,0.032787&ie=UTF8&ll=43.688 258,-70.277822&spn=0.001443,0.004098&t=h&z=19"]80 Tamarlane, Portland, ME 04103 - Google Maps[/ame]
    This bee my opinion

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

wow!!! what a bizarre situation! Every one of these missing persons stories is more strange than the last!!! what the heck happened here?????? The car door open, flashers on, baby in the car.....wow..
    All comments are my opinion or observations only.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peepers For This Useful Post:

My first thought on seeing the picture of the car was of Maura M......small, dark colored car, snow, trees along road, young girl with long, dark hair, remote road etc.
    So glad the child was ok and not old enough to get herself out of her car seat!!!

jmo

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

okay... so I am looking at where she lives in portland and mapped the site her car was found...

it is 60 miles away???? is this right????

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=80+Tamarlane,+Portland,+ ME&daddr=Skimobile+Road,+North+Conway,+NH&hl=en&ge ocode=FRuhmgIdUaXP-ylzug6hcZuyTDG5AH17nS3y8g%3BFUI7oAId_9fC-ym5PMdDHqGzTDFY_y5bUbtvIw&mra=ls&sll=43.688258,-70.277822&sspn=0.001443,0.004098&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=10"]80 Tamarlane, Portland, ME 04103 to Skimobile Rd, North Conway, NH 03860 - Google Maps[/ame]
    This bee my opinion

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

one more map... article I linked says that her car is registered in bridgton (and a residence there was checked as well) I have added that town to the map as well.

((it is point c and much closer to where the car was found))

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...98389&t=h&z=10
    This bee my opinion

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Several state and local agencies helped search for Dittmeyer for most of the day without finding her. Police say her last contact with relatives was by phone around 8 p.m. Friday. She has ties to the Bridgton and Portland, Maine, area as well as friends in Conway.

http://www.bostonherlad.com/news/nat...c=next_article

wonder when was the last time her friends in conway saw her/spoke to her?
    This bee my opinion

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Here's some coverage with a picture of the baby... so glad she's okay!

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/l...-in-car-in-nh/

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Kind of an odd photo selection with this blurb...

http://missingpersonsblog.blogspot.com/

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

NORTH CONWAY, N.H. – Police believe a missing Portland woman, whose car was found Saturday in a parking lot with the woman's baby inside, is the victim of a crime.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Police-...f-a-crime.html

46. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

It seems to me that someone in a car behind her motioned for her to pull over. When she pulled over she put her flashers on and exited the car leaving the door open. She probably got snatched wondering why the other driver motioned her over. Maybe the other driver had one of those dash lights and she thought he was an officer.

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to janestnycrk4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks for all the information on this case. I hope Krista is found safe and sound. Thankfully the baby is unharmed and safe now.

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast