The Weather Channel: "A very bad week ahead"

Severe Weather Expert Dr. Greg Forbes looks ahead at another very dangerous week for severe weather. (For example) he says parts of Oklahoma have a 70% chance of seeing a tornado within 50 miles.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/videos/dr-forbes-a-very-bad-week-ahead-20425
I'm going to make me a bed in the basement and live down there for the next week. Im in Cincinnati and it has been one storm after another in this area. The rain totals are already insane.

My thoughts and prayers for everyone in danger. I have dear friends who live in south Illinois (southish, I suppose), and have emailed them but they haven't responded yet. I'm sure they're fine, but I worry - they have a small working farm, and 6 kids, so I worry...

Best-
Herding Cats

Oh dear. I feel so spoiled living in San Diego, yet fear for those who are living in such terrible weather conditions. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in danger zones. Be safe!

Mel

i really hate this time of year where i live and it seems to be getting worse every year. idk maybe its just my interpretation. im scared to death of tornados!

Egad. I'm in the "moderately high probability of tornados on Monday" category in Dr Forbes's TOR:CON index. "Oh boy." Ah well.

Stay alert and stay safe, everyone!

I'm going to make me a bed in the basement and live down there for the next week. Im in Cincinnati and it has been one storm after another in this area. The rain totals are already insane.

They announced last night that we have already broken the standing record for rain totals for April. At least the river seems to be holding pretty well. Though don't know how long that will last as it is already at flood stage and more storms to come. And the storms we have had are really scary.

Well, I don't want any tornadoes, but RAIN RAIN RAIN is welcome in Texas!

My thoughts and prayers for everyone in danger. I have dear friends who live in south Illinois (southish, I suppose), and have emailed them but they haven't responded yet. I'm sure they're fine, but I worry - they have a small working farm, and 6 kids, so I worry...

Best-
Herding Cats

I in Central southern IL we been running for cover every other day.

I sure they find but thier server could be down. Between Tuesday and Friday we had some wicked storms.

This, plus what's shown on that scary map upthread....NOT GOOD.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/256201/3/Evacuation-ordered-for-parts-of-Poplar-Bluff

Poplar Bluff, Mo (KSDK) -- The Poplar Bluff Police Department is ordering a mandatory evacuation for the southern portion of Poplar Bluff.According to the Poplar Bluff Police, the levee on the Black River near Butler County Road 607 has been compromised, and a catastrophic failure was imminent.Southern Missouri has received five to 10 inches of rain since Thursday. Many rivers and creeks are out of their banks.The American Red Cross opened a shelter in Poplar Bluff at the Black River Coliseum

This, plus what's shown on that scary map upthread....NOT GOOD.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/256201/3/Evacuation-ordered-for-parts-of-Poplar-Bluff

Poplar Bluff, Mo (KSDK) -- The Poplar Bluff Police Department is ordering a mandatory evacuation for the southern portion of Poplar Bluff.According to the Poplar Bluff Police, the levee on the Black River near Butler County Road 607 has been compromised, and a catastrophic failure was imminent.Southern Missouri has received five to 10 inches of rain since Thursday. Many rivers and creeks are out of their banks.The American Red Cross opened a shelter in Poplar Bluff at the Black River Coliseum

Praying for those affected by this, in Jesus' Risen Name, amen!

i really hate this time of year where i live and it seems to be getting worse every year. idk maybe its just my interpretation. im scared to death of tornados!

I'm scared to death too! We always have tornadoes where I live. So far houses around me have been hit in years past, but we have been lucky. One year I could have sworn one went right by us. It was so loud in the house due to the high wind, we had to shout to each other to be heard and we were all in the same room.

My 12 year old son says he wants to see a tornado and I told him no he doesn't!

I hate tornados. I don't live near a place that gets them. I don't even know if I ever could. Last fall we had a terrible storm... Windy, sky got green, lost power, tree almost hit house, and maybe 5 miles down the road a TORNADO touched down... argh way to close for me.
Do the states that get tornados have a warning of some kind? As much as I hate winter, I rather deal with snow and ice...
Hope you all keep safe!

I hate tornados. I don't live near a place that gets them. I don't even know if I ever could. Last fall we had a terrible storm... Windy, sky got green, lost power, tree almost hit house, and maybe 5 miles down the road a TORNADO touched down... argh way to close for me.
Do the states that get tornados have a warning of some kind? As much as I hate winter, I rather deal with snow and ice...
Hope you all keep safe!

Most states have tornado sirens that warn people. For those in areas without one, a NOAA weather radio is truly essential.

We get tornadoes here too but luckily I've never seen one. They scare the crap out of me. When that siren goes off, I get so scared but of course I have to hide that from the kids or they'll freak out more than they already do. Thank God for basements but I really wonder how protected we'd be if a tornado actually hit. I'll be happy to never find out though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back