GUILTY WA - Susan 'Sue' Schwarz, 24, murdered in her Lynnwood home, 22 Oct 1979

I always wondered if the card idea would have any value. Glad to see that it paid off in this case.

Nervous Nellie, unless I am mistaken I believe those are the cards that are passed out in prison to the inmates.

I just talked to someone at the Lane Co Sheriff's office in Oregon about their playing cards. Here's a link with more information:

"The cold case playing card program was first used in Florida and has spread across the country to
numerous state and local agencies. The program enlists the help of Crime Stoppers who provides
a 24-hour tip line and funding for rewards. Crime Stoppers of Southern Oregon (Medford) will
answer and process any calls received from cases on these cards.
This deck of cards includes Lane County cases for 7 missing persons and 11unsolved homicides
dating back to 1968. There are also cases from Sheriff’s Offices in Linn, Deschutes, Coos, Curry,
and Jackson counties; as well as police departments in Eugene, Cottage Grove, and Roseburg,
and the Oregon State Police."

http://www.lanecounty.org/Departmen...es/Documents/05022011ColdCasePlayingCards.pdf

Next time I'm in the area, I plan on picking up a deck!

From March 2012:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20120323/NEWS01/703239723

A Snohomish County judge on Friday sentenced Johnson to a minimum of 24 years in prison for the death of Susan Schwarz. The Seattle ex-con, 58, pleaded guilty in January to second-degree murder, finally admitting that he was responsible for the slaying...

Prosecutors believe that Johnson killed Schwarz out of revenge. He blamed her for meddling in his marriage.

Schwarz, 24, was a high school friend of Johnson's estranged wife. The woman had confided in Schwarz that her husband beat her. Schwarz helped her friend move into a shelter until the woman could leave the state with the couple's young son. The woman later returned to Washington and spent time with Schwarz in the weeks before the murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back