1348 users online (306 members and 1042 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1111
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Garner, NC
    Posts
    540

    State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

    Good Morning..
    Not showing anyone started this thread yet.
    So far they are arguing against "Mr V" being introduced as a defense witness who was not on the list.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,215
    Thanks for starting a new thread!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,215
    Oh..........and good morning to all!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimeAddict View Post
    Good Morning..
    Not showing anyone started this thread yet.
    So far they are arguing against "Mr V" being introduced as a defense witness who was not on the list.
    Morning - thank you! Any blow-by-blow commentary appreciated, can't watch at work.

    Mr V is phone expert? Google person?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    513
    Mr. Masucci? Expert witness.

    Agrees with JW...

    Whoa.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    325
    Fascinating argument going on right now about this new defense witness. If the judge does not allow him, this will probably be a big issue on appeal.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,580
    FWIW and IMHO, I believe this def is trying to do the same thing the OJ def did, confuse the jurors with too much info.

    FACT is, BC is an expert and MOST LIKELY be able to have made the spoof call and IMHO, it's MORE LIKELY BC changed his computer files and NOT LE or the FBI or whoever.

    JMHO
    fran

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostCrab View Post
    Fascinating argument going on right now about this new defense witness. If the judge does not allow him, this will probably be a big issue on appeal.
    You’re being an optimist and assuming conviction there.

    Can’t see it; what’s the debate: 11th hour witness, defense not prepared as it should have been v. interests of justice?

    Unless the state can show prejudice by the late declaration of the witness, then let him in I’d say. The best counterargument is that JW stated on the stand that he was not a forensics expert so the D shouldn’t have been surprised he didn’t qualify as such. (All this assuming this expert is meant to testify on what JW could not).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by gritguy View Post
    Youíre being an optimist and assuming conviction there.

    Canít see it; whatís the debate: 11th hour witness, defense not prepared as it should have been v. interests of justice?

    Unless the state can show prejudice by the late declaration of the witness, then let him in Iíd say. The best counterargument is that JW stated on the stand that he was not a forensics expert so the D shouldnít have been surprised he didnít qualify as such. (All this assuming this expert is meant to testify on what JW could not).
    Well, it doesn't appear as though the interest of justice has been the polar star guiding the judge's decisions in the trial thus far.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,215
    Quote Originally Posted by gritguy View Post
    Youíre being an optimist and assuming conviction there.

    Canít see it; whatís the debate: 11th hour witness, defense not prepared as it should have been v. interests of justice?

    Unless the state can show prejudice by the late declaration of the witness, then let him in Iíd say. The best counterargument is that JW stated on the stand that he was not a forensics expert so the D shouldnít have been surprised he didnít qualify as such. (All this assuming this expert is meant to testify on what JW could not).
    We were all pretty much expecting the defense to pluck another expert in computer forensics so I'm sure it didn't come as a surprise to the prosecution. Don't know about the legal wranglings though since he was added at such a late hour. Waiting on the judge to preview the report........


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by NCEast View Post
    We were all pretty much expecting the defense to pluck another expert in computer forensics so I'm sure it didn't come as a surprise to the prosecution. Don't know about the legal wranglings though since he was added at such a late hour. Waiting on the judge to preview the report........
    Just the application of the case law is interesting and what the judge decides to do with it.

    And to look to the future, the state wants to add experts so the defense could just turn some of this case law around and drop it on the them when that comes up.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,338
    Additional 600 something files with invalid stamps during the week of July 16th? Again I thought the laptop was powered off until it was given to the FBI.
    Hoisted with his own Petard

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by NCEast View Post
    We were all pretty much expecting the defense to pluck another expert in computer forensics so I'm sure it didn't come as a surprise to the prosecution. Don't know about the legal wranglings though since he was added at such a late hour. Waiting on the judge to preview the report........
    apparently the fbi has only 2 agents that can help BOZ read a report.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlton, MA
    Posts
    143
    Web Sleuths being introduced into evidence
    Kelly

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Missourah
    Posts
    3,447
    <waving to the camera> HEH.
    "In the end, everything will be made known. Everything will come out. And in the meantime, smile and say "cheese." - Jodi Arias


Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11
    By borndem in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 1157
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 11:03 AM
  2. State v Bradley Cooper 03/31/11
    By less0305 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 676
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 03:17 PM
  3. State v Bradley Cooper 04/01/11
    By ncsu95 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 564
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 09:19 PM
  4. State v Bradley Cooper - 3/25/11
    By Cheyenne130 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 1081
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 09:26 AM
  5. Found Deceased State v Bradley Cooper - 3/23/11
    By jmflu in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 676
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 09:25 AM

Tags for this Thread