State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimeAddict

Reaction score
Good Morning..
Not showing anyone started this thread yet.
So far they are arguing against "Mr V" being introduced as a defense witness who was not on the list.

Oh..........and good morning to all!

Good Morning..
Not showing anyone started this thread yet.
So far they are arguing against "Mr V" being introduced as a defense witness who was not on the list.

Morning - thank you! Any blow-by-blow commentary appreciated, can't watch at work.

Mr V is phone expert? Google person?

Fascinating argument going on right now about this new defense witness. If the judge does not allow him, this will probably be a big issue on appeal.

FWIW and IMHO, I believe this def is trying to do the same thing the OJ def did, confuse the jurors with too much info.

FACT is, BC is an expert and MOST LIKELY be able to have made the spoof call and IMHO, it's MORE LIKELY BC changed his computer files and NOT LE or the FBI or whoever.

JMHO
fran

Fascinating argument going on right now about this new defense witness. If the judge does not allow him, this will probably be a big issue on appeal.

You’re being an optimist and assuming conviction there. :rocker:

Can’t see it; what’s the debate: 11th hour witness, defense not prepared as it should have been v. interests of justice?

Unless the state can show prejudice by the late declaration of the witness, then let him in I’d say. The best counterargument is that JW stated on the stand that he was not a forensics expert so the D shouldn’t have been surprised he didn’t qualify as such. (All this assuming this expert is meant to testify on what JW could not).

Can’t see it; what’s the debate: 11th hour witness, defense not prepared as it should have been v. interests of justice?

Unless the state can show prejudice by the late declaration of the witness, then let him in I’d say. The best counterargument is that JW stated on the stand that he was not a forensics expert so the D shouldn’t have been surprised he didn’t qualify as such. (All this assuming this expert is meant to testify on what JW could not).

Well, it doesn't appear as though the interest of justice has been the polar star guiding the judge's decisions in the trial thus far.

We were all pretty much expecting the defense to pluck another expert in computer forensics so I'm sure it didn't come as a surprise to the prosecution. Don't know about the legal wranglings though since he was added at such a late hour. Waiting on the judge to preview the report........

We were all pretty much expecting the defense to pluck another expert in computer forensics so I'm sure it didn't come as a surprise to the prosecution. Don't know about the legal wranglings though since he was added at such a late hour. Waiting on the judge to preview the report........

Just the application of the case law is interesting and what the judge decides to do with it.

And to look to the future, the state wants to add experts so the defense could just turn some of this case law around and drop it on the them when that comes up.

Additional 600 something files with invalid stamps during the week of July 16th? Again I thought the laptop was powered off until it was given to the FBI.

apparently the fbi has only 2 agents that can help BOZ read a report.

Just the application of the case law is interesting and what the judge decides to do with it.

And to look to the future, the state wants to add experts so the defense could just turn some of this case law around and drop it on the them when that comes up.

I heard Kurtz mention the new state witnesses. He was rather gracious for a change instead of whining about it. I guess it's 'turn about, fair play'.

4,700+ invalid timestamps?

Websleuth posting by JW now being discussed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff