Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

My mom's group didn't search IN woodlawn shores just near the road that takes
    you there on 69.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Won'tforgetusername For This Useful Post:

Hi everyone. I am new here but been praying for / thinking about Holly and reading your thoughts for a week now. I think: 1. it was at least initially two people as abductors. It is the only thing that makes sense to me. I think it involved a car very soon after the short term woods scene. 2. it was not a supersmart abduction. I think they just randomly tossed evidence like dumb & dumber. Maybe a robbery gone bad? Tree service guys (loggers) keep cash on hand frequently as a means of operation. Who knew this? 3. They will soon be found I think unless suicide is involved then could take longer. I hope she is still OK. But either way DONT THEY KNOW it is in THEIR/HIS OWN best interest to come forward? They were probably so high on drugs they never imagined all of this attention and now are just scrambling trying to figure all of this out. 4. I trust LE and think they know exactly what they are doing. 5. The brother is in NO way involved IMO. If it were robbery there may be aspects LE & Clint know that they dont think wise to tell right now. Well..its all IMO!

I do have one question for you forensic experts. In testing hair or other evidence would you be able to tell if victim was still alive at that time from the testing? How long would it take to get those type of tests back? That would influence their sense of urgency if they knew that one way or the other. I am still praying hard though!

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LegallyBrown For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    That is why I think he is leaving stuff to throw LE off. He may have her held up in a cabin, a vacate one, maybe not even his. He could be out there searching with everyone and leaving stuff, and going back with her at night. you never know.

Maybe but we also don't know if this is really where things are being found either.

If this was a phone and I pray that it is her phone it could be the big break. I hope it's a very new phone/last 6-18 months that does all the things we need it to do to put a lot of the pieces together.

Remember just knowing where the phone had gone prior is huge as they may find more evidence or maybe even find her.

I'm really counting on the fact that this clown watched too many CSI episodes with their simplistic portrayals of things. That would be a huge break for the real LE in this case.

Think about this..... how many times have there been kidnappings where belongings were scattered in the general area? This is all very odd.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ensht For This Useful Post:

a year ago or so our area had a missing young women (in her 20's) - not sure if any of you have heard about the Colonel of our Cdn Army who was charged with her murder - he was the highest rank at our local base - had a cottage just outside of town - familar with area - camo clothing, etc. He was since charged with another murder and many many many break and enters, etc. etc. etc....
    What I am saying is this could be anyone - someone you would never in a million years think is capable of something like this.
    They tracked his vehicle down by tire tracks and doing roadside blocks on a normal work day to see who would go back and forth in front of this young lady's home where they were able to take tire tracks from mud and snow. Body was found not far from his cottage where he was living - In the woods

Quote Originally Posted by maskedwoman View Post
    I'm certain the TBI is very aware of how loudly the clock is ticking.

And not to pick on you at all, but now that I'm typing, I may as well keep going, lol. I have to shake my head when I read posts indignantly asking why LE haven't done this or that, when we really have no idea whether they have or haven't done a certain thing.

I haven't really ever considered myself to be too trusting, but I must be, because I just assumed all those well-trained, experienced LE know what they are doing.

It just bothers me when I see people assuming that LE is not smart enough to do the obvious. Like search the pool, or use dogs, or try a metal detector, etc.

Thanks for your patience with me letting this all out in a reply to you.
    No problem. You are right, too. I am seriously questioning LE at this point & that must have come across to you, rightly so. I know, LE knows more than we do,I'm not doubting that. I'm just feeling the frustration of inconsistencies. I still hope for the best outcome, but starting to realize the best outcome is based on what's left, not some ideal version of Holly throwing breadcrumbs out the window for over a week.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capri For This Useful Post:

I wonder what led searchers to Woodlawn Shores rd? That is a ways off and in the middle of woods it seems. There are some bodies of water around there also. A large area to search.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Hollye, I am just trying to get caught up today, and I do not know if it has been confirmed that the "substantial" finding was indeed found at the Eaton Plant. I posted a Map last night, which indicates Holly's House and 100 Eaton St. (the Eaton Plant), as I wondered if the perp could navigate through the Bush via ATV or Foot, but Greengreen said that it had not been said where the Substantial finding was found.

Anyway, here is the Map, maybe it will be helpful to you.

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...,0.035963&z=14

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14
    Thanks Wondergirl! I got 100 Eaton Road on my map earlier today, as TriCounty Concrete Products, but then someone (greengreen, I think) said that TriCounty and the Eaton Plant are not exactly the same, but are near each other.

I need to leave to go home and take care of the kids, but will likely be on later tonight after 7:30 or so.

The information contained in the maps below are my interpretation of locations, based on MSM and input from others. They are meant solely as a guide and are not to be taken as fact.

Possible Victims of Lloyd Lee Welch Jr ~ https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...01105,0.019634

******* Hernandez, Full Map ~ http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=44....13&form=LMLTCC

******* Hernandez, Key Points Map ~ http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=44....78&form=LMLTCC

Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook ~ https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...406effc9c7306f

Hailey Dunn ~ http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...30243,0.038581

Hailey Owens & Possible Connected Cases ~ https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...788f1c66&msa=0

Holly Bobo ~ https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...184749,0.31414

Relisha Rudd ~ https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...3bc4b55d&msa=0

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollye For This Useful Post:

Welcome to WS, Shollenberger and LegallyBrown!

Quote Originally Posted by Won'tforgetusername View Post
    My mom's group didn't search IN woodlawn shores just near the road that takes
    you there on 69.
    Were they searching along Woodlawn Shores Road or another road that leads to that road?

The information contained in the maps below are my interpretation of locations, based on MSM and input from others. They are meant solely as a guide and are not to be taken as fact.

Possible Victims of Lloyd Lee Welch Jr ~ https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...01105,0.019634

******* Hernandez, Full Map ~ http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=44....13&form=LMLTCC

******* Hernandez, Key Points Map ~ http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=44....78&form=LMLTCC

Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook ~ https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...406effc9c7306f

Hailey Dunn ~ http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...30243,0.038581

Hailey Owens & Possible Connected Cases ~ https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...788f1c66&msa=0

Holly Bobo ~ https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...184749,0.31414

Relisha Rudd ~ https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...3bc4b55d&msa=0

Quote Originally Posted by evelyn24 View Post
    Finding something that belongs to Holly is significant but it also doesn't mean it'll have any value when it comes to finding her or the perp.
    It's not really backtracking.
    I was more referring to the we're "pretty sure" it's hers.

I had asked this last week about whether LE would need her phone to track and ping it and was told they would not need it...so why so much hoopla if phone WAS found? I'm just not getting it...is it all about fingerprints? If he is tossing things, mighn't he have gloves to go with his camo?
    Just my opinion, of course.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shollenberger View Post
    Hey folks, new member here. Software architect by trade, amateur sleuth by hobby

I have read every post in all threads. Here are my thoughts and my theory FWIW.

Rambling thoughts:
    - The perp had this well planned out far in advance. Infatuated male 35+
    - The perp used the ruse of a hunter many times to scope out the residence
    - The perp threatened HB with gun/knife at point of abduction
    - The perp transported HB from ATV to auto to current location
    - The perp is taunting LE with placement of clues in random locations
    - HB scream occurred closer to neighbors than her own.
    - Family has no involvement in this crime
    - I believe perp thought HB was home alone.

Still struggling with:
    - Blood at the scene. How, who, and why?
    - How was ATV transitioned to automobile? Pickup with cover?

I believe this was very well planned by a methodical individual that will not easily be caught.

I feel that HB is alive and the perp wants her to be his long-term sexual possession.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lishac23 For This Useful Post:

Please correct me if I am wrong. Doesnt LE usually let family talk to media? Isnt that a tool LE uses some times? Like, several cases where a family member, or another POI, has talked to media and what they said didnt add up and was used against them later? Scott Peterson comes to mind.

Also, have you ever seen, or heard of, a case this hush hush?? Its almost as if its a ransom case and they are scared to say anything because they are in some kind of contact with the abductor. Its like they dont wont make the abductor think they know more than they do or he will stop what ever he is doing.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JustMe42 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Capri View Post
    No problem. You are right, too. I am seriously questioning LE at this point & that must have come across to you, rightly so. I know, LE knows more than we do,I'm not doubting that. I'm just feeling the frustration of inconsistencies. I still hope for the best outcome, but starting to realize the best outcome is based on what's left, not some ideal version of Holly throwing breadcrumbs out the window for over a week.
    I have to agree with you Capri, it might be time to switch tactics...
    instead of" silence is golden" how about "the squeeky wheel gets the grease."

JMO

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

s_finch is offline "Perpetrators on all levels strive for stealth"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    What do you mean, "What if this guy is just totally nuts?".....??

Anyone who'd abduct a young woman from their home is obviously 'totally nuts'.
    There are different levels of "nutdom"

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to s_finch For This Useful Post:

They were searching along 69. They just started near the road that takes you into the Woodlawn shores neighborhood. I don't know the name of that rd, but I think they were near mile marker 40 on 69

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Won'tforgetusername For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LegallyBrown View Post
    Hi everyone. I am new here but been praying for / thinking about Holly and reading your thoughts for a week now. I think: 1. it was at least initially two people as abductors. It is the only thing that makes sense to me. I think it involved a car very soon after the short term woods scene. 2. it was not a supersmart abduction. I think they just randomly tossed evidence like dumb & dumber. Maybe a robbery gone bad? Tree service guys (loggers) keep cash on hand frequently as a means of operation. Who knew this? 3. They will soon be found I think unless suicide is involved then could take longer. I hope she is still OK. But either way DONT THEY KNOW it is in THEIR/HIS OWN best interest to come forward? They were probably so high on drugs they never imagined all of this attention and now are just scrambling trying to figure all of this out. 4. I trust LE and think they know exactly what they are doing. 5. The brother is in NO way involved IMO. If it were robbery there may be aspects LE & Clint know that they dont think wise to tell right now. Well..its all IMO!

I do have one question for you forensic experts. In testing hair or other evidence would you be able to tell if victim was still alive at that time from the testing? How long would it take to get those type of tests back? That would influence their sense of urgency if they knew that one way or the other. I am still praying hard though!
    I agree with your # 1 that there may well have been 2 abductors...maybe the tip was called in by the 2nd abductor. Second guessing whether he should turn himself in, wanting a deal. The 2 abductors may have had a falling out, disagreeing on what to do next. (I know, I know. I watch too much crime tv.)
    Legally Brown, you do have a good point that the initial abduction may have required 2 people: one to kidnap and get her to an ATV, the other to meet them with a car, truck, etc.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe42 View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong. Doesnt LE usually let family talk to media? Isnt that a tool LE uses some times? Like, several cases where a family member, or another POI, has talked to media and what they said didnt add up and was used against them later? Scott Peterson comes to mind.

Also, have you ever seen, or heard of, a case this hush hush?? Its almost as if its a ransom case and they are scared to say anything because they are in some kind of contact with the abductor. Its like they dont wont make the abductor think they know more than they do or he will stop what ever he is doing.
    LOL true if I were LE I would want him (the perp) to be very confident and cocky.... when he thinks he is safe he will mess up! I then would be waiting. Yep, I see LE as "crazy as a fox".

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redfish For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    I agree with your # 1 that there may well have been 2 abductors...maybe the tip was called in by the 2nd abductor. Second guessing whether he should turn himself in, wanting a deal. The 2 abductors may have had a falling out, disagreeing on what to do next. (I know, I know. I watch too much crime tv.)
    Legally Brown, you do have a good point that the initial abduction may have required 2 people: one to kidnap and get her to an ATV, the other to meet them with a car, truck, etc.
    My only thought on 2 ppl taking her would be if it was a kidnapping for randsom. I think its just one guy. but THAT IS jmo

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

HLN just announced that new information on this case will be aired at 3:00 PM CDT...10 minutes from now!

35. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Gofigure For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    HLN just announced that new information on this case will be aired at 3:00 PM CDT...10 minutes from now!
    HLN will probably say that LE has told them they have new info, or found something new, but LE cant elaborate on which one it is, or, what it is.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JustMe42 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shollenberger View Post
    Hey folks, new member here. Software architect by trade, amateur sleuth by hobby

I have read every post in all threads. Here are my thoughts and my theory FWIW.

Rambling thoughts:
    - The perp had this well planned out far in advance. Infatuated male 35+
    - The perp used the ruse of a hunter many times to scope out the residence
    - The perp threatened HB with gun/knife at point of abduction
    - The perp transported HB from ATV to auto to current location
    - The perp is taunting LE with placement of clues in random locations
    - HB scream occurred closer to neighbors than her own.
    - Family has no involvement in this crime
    - I believe perp thought HB was home alone.

Still struggling with:
    - Blood at the scene. How, who, and why?
    - How was ATV transitioned to automobile? Pickup with cover?

I believe this was very well planned by a methodical individual that will not easily be caught.

I feel that HB is alive and the perp wants her to be his long-term sexual possession.
    Regarding the blood at the scene, since Holly did not appear to possibly scream until she was in the woods, I wondered if it was possible that the perp indicated that a "friend" was hurt in the woods where they were hunting. With Holly being a nursing student and a caring person, would this have been enough to entice her into the woods to check on an injured person?

MOO

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    If HLN really has "new" information, I'll eat my keyboard...no offense.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I had asked this last week about whether LE would need her phone to track and ping it and was told they would not need it...so why so much hoopla if phone WAS found? I'm just not getting it...is it all about fingerprints? If he is tossing things, mighn't he have gloves to go with his camo?
    I don't know this, just speculation. But think back to when you were a kid and maybe someones parents didn't like you for whatever reason. I think we all had friends that went through this. Someones mother doesn't like their girl dating a guy or vice versa, or their kid hanging around with so and so. IF that was the type of thing that maybe had some role in all of this - not saying it did - putting the parents on tv would only make it worse.

I firmly believe they know who did this or think they do hence the no need for pleading for information. What they need is evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe42 View Post

Who knows? They have a reason I'm sure. I could speculate to that reason but there's no point in that aspect here.

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ensht For This Useful Post:

Its been 12 days.

Unless LE knows who it is and has reason to believe HB is still alive and will be hurt, its time for them to open up to the public!

IMO, If she is still alive (and I pray she is), then she will probably stay alive no matter what LE does. hate to put it so bluntly, but if he hasn't killed her by now, he is not going to.

44. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NCSleuth For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast