Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTop View Post
    What if this guy is just totally nuts? Maybe it's all a game to him and he doesn't care of he gets caught at the end? Maybe he just wants all the drama? I guess I watch too many movies.
    What do you mean, "What if this guy is just totally nuts?".....??

Anyone who'd abduct a young woman from their home is obviously 'totally nuts'.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbies2010 View Post
    If it was her phone, what is the travel time on foot or in car or on ATV (although I can't see how he took her that way) to the point where this was found?
    Would the timing be right for her phone to have rung for the first time since being grabbed, with her mom or brother or BF trying to call her, trying to find her after realizing she was missing?

Maybe the perp was so jacked on adrenaline, or she was fighting or whatever, and he didn't think about getting rid of her phone right away until it rang, and this is where they were or where he pulled over and tossed it. He may not have taken the time to get rid of it in a more remote area but threw it as far as he could from the vehicle. It's probably private property and maybe he thought no one would ever find it there or think anything of it.
    Just another theory, we don't know that it was the phone even...
    He would have been seen at the time of day by people at the business. So imo, it wasn't the first thing thrown out.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greengreen For This Useful Post:

I've been trying to follow this case and I just wanted to add that if someone was driving on Hwy 69 and threw a cell phone out the window in the area of Eaton St, with some force, the cell phone would likely break apart as it hit the ground and might have ended up as far in as to be considered found "in the vicinity" of 100 Eaton St. It would probably have been rendered unoperable at that time and LE would not have been able to try to ping it. Not sure what type of phone she had but or whether it was on but there are ways for LE to get the phone turned on remotely and ping it. Obviously this was not a possibility from the time they started the search for Holly.

It also seems to me that the phone tip was called in hours before anything was found in that location so the phone tip could have been about suspicious behaviour that someone had seen. Perhaps someone noticed someone else throwing something from a vehicle that day?

MOO

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

Can someone please post the approximate number of hours until the scheduled presser? I'm getting confused with the timezone differences between here and there.

Thanks in advance!

ETA - Just saw Nurses answer above. Thanks

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LadyD'enah For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    Makes sense, I keep my phone on vibrate much of the time instead of the ringer. I read one report that the item was found somewhere roadside. If thats true and it were a cell phone and Holly tossed it then IMO it has likely been there for days, possibly many days. Even if the loser who kidnapped her got rid of it it could have been there for awhile now.

Its a shame this much time has passed now since the abduction. Really when I think about it Im sort of surprised the kidnapper and Holly werent found the same day of the abduction. They walked into the woods together. I havent seen how long it took her brother before he called 911. Initially we heard she was dragged into the woods, which would make you think the 911 call was almost immediate, then it became she was led into the woods and her brother called 911 after seeing blood outside.

Does anyone know if her brother has taken a polygraph?
    The ONLY things that we know for sure about the case is that they found Holly's lunch bag and that piece of tape with a blonde hair. But that hasn't been released that it was Holly's hair. Oh yeah, and the blood. They haven't released if that was Holly's either. Also, it hasn't been released if anyone has taken polygraphs, but I would be very surprised if they haven't given them to all close to Holly.
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastLady View Post
    GreenGreen, are you a local? Do you know the Bobo family?

If so, please contact Tricia and be verified as a local.....

(Don't know if anyone has already suggested this -- have been trying to catch up!)
    I was verified as a local last night. By Kimster

Weren't they getting ready to not have searches after yesterday? If it was a cell phone, or anything else for that matter... would that be enough to renew the searches? If it was just laying there, I'm not sure if provides much of a meaning that she is in the area...

Not saying they shouldn't search, just saying that this whole case seems odd.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rallihanna For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 10EC_Dad View Post
    It is hard to believe the perp could be so messy yet be able to hide Holly.

The most likely scenario, to me, is he is playing a game. By this, I am assuming the item was found in the open or was tipped by the perp.

See, I don't find it so surprising that they haven't been found yet. I've driven a golf cart all around our little 40 acres of woods, looking for 8 full-size horses, and sometimes have real trouble finding them in the trees. And they aren't even hiding from me. At least I don't think they are, lol.

Now imagine someone in hundreds or thousands of wooded acres and highly motivated to hide. Able to reason and plan. Move around. And the news telling you where they have searched today.

I can imagine this guy snatching a phone away and tossing it, or throwing the lunch bag out of the car. But whether he is dragging her unwillingly along or knocked her out and is carrying her, I think he's going to be way too busy getting away to drop false clues. Just my opinion.
    We will never forget the missing.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maskedwoman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post

Actually I tend to disagree. But maybe "nuts" needs to be defined. This took thought, planning, some effort and finesse. So that implies a level of clarity and sanity.

I could be considered nuts. I have diagnosed bipolar disorder, and other psych issues. I can hallucenate: see and hear stuff, voices etc. I can act whack and totally out of my own control, etc. When Im wigged out I could not plan or carry out ANYTHING like this for sure. Ive known pople who I consider nuts. You know them when you see them... I dont think this guy was nuts. You can call him evil, wrong, bad, whatever, but I think he is fairly sane.

Salvador Dali said the only difference between himself and a madman was that he was not mad!
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

GreenGreen, do you know if there's any CatHouses in the area where women may be being held captive or being made to work against their will?

I heard someone talking about an adult bookstore in the area, and those bring up all kinds of deviant behavior....So I'm wondering about Cathouses too.

Just heard on local TV that searchers are being called in because of weather...
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post

Agreed. What I meant was so crazy as to not even be capable of thoughts such as 'I don't want to get caught' or someone who actually wants to be caught. Someone who not only kidnaps a young woman from her home but who enjoys playing games with LE.

In many cases we have seen the kidnapper be 'sane' enough to go back to functioning quite well in society until he is caught. What if this is one big game for this guy?

Just random thoughts.

I do agree anyone who kills anyone is crazy. That is why I never understood the whole not guilty by reason of insanity thing. Uhhh...any non-accidental killer is insane in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by greengreen View Post
    He would have been seen at the time of day by people at the business. So imo, it wasn't the first thing thrown out.
    If being seen at that time of day was a risk, then he probably didn't go through the property on ATV or on foot or have a vehicle parked there.

It suggests it was either a plant or disposed of later. If so, then why that location? The only thing that makes sense is that it was to mislead LE. That may also be a part of why TBI said it may not be of any help in the search.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubbies2010 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    Actually I tend to disagree. But maybe "nuts" needs to be defined. This took thought, planning, some effort and finesse. So that implies a level of clarity and sanity.

I could be considered nuts. I have diagnosed bipolar disorder, and other psych issues. I can hallucenate: see and hear stuff, voices etc. I can act whack and totally out of my own control, etc. When Im wigged out I could not plan or carry out ANYTHING like this for sure. Ive known pople who I consider nuts. You know them when you see them... I dont think this guy was nuts. You can call him evil, wrong, bad, whatever, but I think he is fairly sane.

Salvador Dali said the only difference between himself and a madman was that he was not mad!

Yeah, well Carla, you've told me some of what you deal with, and why, so I understand.......and I didn't mean to smack down on the other poster, but to me anyone who'd abduct someone, or do something to or with another person against their will is in an aberrant mental state. There's all kinds of spectrum's of being mentally unbalanced. Peace and love to everyone here.

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast