1124 users online (186 members and 938 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Robert Worden, 79, Oceanside, 23 April 2011

This is my good friends Grandfather. The mother of the kids that I've talked about on here who I babysat. He has Dementia and Alzheimer's.

OCEANSIDE, Calif. -- Police used a helicopter on Sunday to help search for a missing elderly Oceanside resident.

Robert "Bob" Worden, 79, was last seen around 6:30 p.m. Saturday at his home in the 3900 block of North Vista Campana, near El Camino Real, officers said in a report.

MORE: http://www.10news.com/news/27653690/detail.html

Wodren does not drive, so police presume he walked away from his home.

He is approximately 5-foot-6 and weighs about 180 pounds. He has gray hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing a long sleeve blue button-up shirt, gray pants and brown slippers.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...120569924.html
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

Grandson Cody Worden said his grandfather recently mumbled something about trying to look for his long-dead parents. Worden thinks his grandfather may have left to look for them.

~~snip~~

Worden suspects his grandfather might have gone inside an empty house in the Oceana community because all of the homes look similar. If he were just out wandering around, someone would have seen him, Worden said.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...ceaniside-man/

The search for 79-year-old Robert "Bob" Worden continued Tuesday, with authorities and volunteers scouring the area around his home.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/oc...4c94da0d7.html

Sigh. It's so sad when this happens. I hope he's ok somewhere.
    I'm just sayin...

"Well-behaved women seldom make history." —Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I feel so bad for my friend. She text me this morning and said they've called off the search for him. It has been 72 hours.

Sad. He has Alzheimer's, trouble speaking, probably confused. I hope that scent dogs were brought in.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    I feel so bad for my friend. She text me this morning and said they've called off the search for him. It has been 72 hours.
    That is heartbreaking.

Robert Worden's body was found just east of a fenced-in dog park about two blocks away from Worden's home. It was an area previously searched by Oceanside police over the past couple of days.

"It's unclear if we missed Mr. Worden or if he was mobile," says Oceanside Police Department Capt. Leonard Mata. "If he showed up there later on after the search, that we don't know at this point."

http://www.10news.com/news/27704481/detail.html

RIP, Mr. Worden.

So very sad. This sort of thing, wandering off, happens often with the elderly who suffer with Altzheimer's or dementia, more than you could ever know. I spent a good part of last year in FL to be with my mother before her death, and during that time two women in her not-very-large community were found in local canals (both barely survived) and another person, a man, was found face down in a nearby field (deceased). All three suffered from some form of dementia or Altzheimer's, and were under care.

RIP Mr. Worden. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
    The purity of a person's heart can be quickly
    measured by how they regard animals.
    Anonymous