1136 users online (229 members and 907 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Judge Eaton New WESH Trial Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by Joanner View Post
    Retired Judge Eaton joins WESH coverage

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...-coverage.html
    The article tells us Judge Eaton trained HHJP and is now the trial analyst for WESH - wow!
    We were speculating what he was doing attending hearings - and now we know

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post

The article tells us Judge Eaton trained HHJP and is now the trial analyst for WESH - wow!
    You know, when that happened, I assumed he was gently chiding JB, but now I wonder if he was saying it for the judge's benefit...kind of like "don't think I don't know what you're doing here" in a friendly sort of way. You know, like old friends would do.

Excellent topic Logical!

So this begs the question . . . what if he disagrees with what HHJP does? I highly doubt this will ever be an issue . . .but it could happen. This is an excellent resource for issues of Law in Florida. I think this is an asset to the reporting and discussion team for this station. For me, it brings an added sense of crediblity in their reporting.

Was this the judge that was present in court on his last day of retirement and he left the courtroom during the time HHJP was on the bench? I vaguely remember something about that being mentioned by the talking heads on In Session or something to that effect.
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

And I was under the impression that he was there for CM. I still think he was because of what HHJP said at that time. He took a swift exit!!

ETA. I think he may have alerted HHJP to the reason for his being there?
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Quote Originally Posted by 'Beach View Post
    Oops! This link appears to be broken.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    Excellent topic Logical!

So this begs the question . . . what if he disagrees with what HHJP does? I highly doubt this will ever be an issue . . .but it could happen. This is an excellent resource for issues of Law in Florida. I think this is an asset to the reporting and discussion team for this station. For me, it brings an added sense of crediblity in their reporting.

Was this the judge that was present in court on his last day of retirement and he left the courtroom during the time HHJP was on the bench? I vaguely remember something about that being mentioned by the talking heads on In Session or something to that effect.
    Yes wenwe4, this was the judge in the "audience" we were speculating was a friend of Mason's.
    But what surprised me about this is that WESH has to me always been very defense slanted. So how would someone with this guy's stellar reputation slant his comments? Or would he?

"In 1998, Lykkebak represented a topless dancer, Rachel Reed, 22, whose 1-year-old daughter and a playmate had drowned in a pool after wandering into the backyard while Reed was asleep. Prosecutors charged Reed with manslaughter.

Eaton presided at her trial. After hearing only the state's case, he granted a judgment of acquittal, finding Reed not guilty. If Reed were convicted, the judge said, then any parent whose child was ever hurt or killed during a moment of inattention could be put on trial"

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...y-joe-spaziano

Looks like posters were discussing Judge Eaton exiting the courtroom here . . .
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5971882"]2011.01.05 Hearing TES Volunteer Computer Subpoena - Page 14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

So the judge who showed up at a hearing and made a quick exit, presumbly there in the first place for the defense since he's a friend of Mason's, is now on defense slanted WESH. And according to wenwe4's post up there, acquitted a mother around the same age as Casey for two children drowning while she slept - considered a moment of inattention by this same judge.

I won't be surprised to see this judge talk in the defense's favor. Not one bit. I think he didn't like what the defense did that day they asked him to show up, but I think he's definitely on their side otherwise.

"In 1998, Lykkebak represented a topless dancer, Rachel Reed, 22, whose 1-year-old daughter and a playmate had drowned in a pool after wandering into the backyard while Reed was asleep. Prosecutors charged Reed with manslaughter.

Eaton presided at her trial. After hearing only the state's case, he granted a judgment of acquittal, finding Reed not guilty. If Reed were convicted, the judge said, then any parent whose child was ever hurt or killed during a moment of inattention could be put on trial"

2011.01.05 Hearing TES Volunteer Computer Subpoena - Page 14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    That doesn't sound good!?!? I'll wait to see what he has to say though.

2011.01.05 Hearing TES Volunteer Computer Subpoena - Page 14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Oh no! Not THAT Judge! Now we know what WESH is doing with him!
    I'm not feeling very good about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    And I was under the impression that he was there for CM. I still think he was because of what HHJP said at that time. He took a swift exit!!

ETA. I think he may have alerted HHJP to the reason for his being there?
    I always felt like CM had "tattled" on HHJP to HHJE for being biased against the DT and invited him in to see how unfair and mean HHJP was being to them. HHJE only had to sit in for a short period of time before realizing that HHJP was being very fair and actually guiding the DT along to keep them from being ineffective. I think his feedback and analysis will be invaluable to helping us understand what is going on and knowing what will probably happen next.

It Was Ancient Aliens!

Oh no! Not THAT Judge! Now we know what WESH is doing with him!
    I'm not feeling very good about this...
    Me either, except that there's no way that duct tape got onto Caylee's mouth because she was inattended while Casey slept. That duct tape is a sticking point no matter what way anyone tries to say this was just an accident. I bet there was no duct tape in that previous case Judge Eaton ruled on.

QUOTE:
    So the judge who showed up at a hearing and made a quick exit, presumbly there in the first place for the defense since he's a friend of Mason's, is now on defense slanted WESH. And according to wenwe4's post up there, acquitted a mother around the same age as Casey for two children drowning while she slept - considered a moment of inattention by this same judge.

I won't be surprised to see this judge talk in the defense's favor. Not one bit. I think he didn't like what the defense did that day they asked him to show up, but I think he's definitely on their side otherwise.
    #[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6389029&postcount=10"]10[/ame]
    Today, 10:37 AM

I AGREE TOTALLY, Wesh has always backed Baez..This Judge coming in bother's me since Wesh will be paying him..Don't bite the hand that feeds you kinda thing..hopefully NOT..time will tell.
    IMO

"May you always have LOVE to share,health to spare,and Friends that care."

But did she put them in trash bags ? load them up in her trunck ? dump them down the street ? not tell any body ?
    I would take a nap when my girls were, when they were small and thank goodness nothing happened. But it could have and I'm thinking I wouldn't throw them away.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast