1074 users online (221 members and 853 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Excused from the Rule of Sequestration

New docket entry:

04/25/2011 Motion
    for Relatives of Victim to be Excused from the Rule of Sequestration and Memorandum of Law

IMO, The A's will not be able to keep quiet, and I am sure they will be called to the witness stand more than once. Thoughts.

thank you for starting this thread

After CA changed her story about the dryer sheets, I really hope they are kept out of the courtroom until fully released from testifying! JMO

That and her "yes Linda" "I was on new meds" carp. She'll be tossed in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
    thank you for starting this thread

After CA changed her story about the dryer sheets, I really hope they are kept out of the courtroom until fully released from testifying! JMO

I agree. It's scary to think what might come out of GA and CA's mouths. I think they will do anything to save ICA.

My first thought when I read this was, Are they now relatives of the victim "Caylee" whom Cindy claims is still alive?" "Caylee whom Cindy along with ICA will go and find once ICA is released?"

Quote Originally Posted by suepitzl View Post
    New docket entry:

04/25/2011 Motion
    for Relatives of Victim to be Excused from the Rule of Sequestration and Memorandum of Law

IMO, The A's will not be able to keep quiet, and I am sure they will be called to the witness stand more than once. Thoughts.
    Good idea for a thread! Thanks..

I have just too much information about this case in my brain - hasn't HHJP addressed this somewhat already with one of the hearings? And did he not say he would decide closer to the trial?

I wonder what would happen if the SA declares them hostile witnesses on Day II of the trial?

Aren't CA and GA allowed into the trial after they testify? Surely what they would be testifying to would be fairly early in the trial?

And I suppose they will also be testifying in the penalty phase. But aren't these two parts of the trial considered somewhat separate?

Aren't they allowed into the trial between their initial testimony and the penalty phase? Is this what the A's are worried about?

Clearly this has been on CA's mind the last couple of hearings, as she has had her head down and been for the most part fairly poker faced. Clearly someone like her lawyer has told her all her grimacing and muttering was about to get her tossed out for the trial.

What do I think? Keep them both out. We will have other diversions by then.

I had no idea that it was even legal to allow witnesses, including indirect wtnesses, to sit in and listen at all. This sure is news to me!
    I love Websleuths! Justice for Caylee!

Oh this can't be real. These people are train wrecks. No way can this one pass. They'll be yammering every chance they get in and out of court.

I say they should have a nice special room for them to sit (apart) from each other where the least damage can be done to disrupt this trial. They've shown very little respect to the court or the process to warrant being relieved of the sequestration rule. AND NO GUM. That should be a special addition to their instructions. Here in CA, OUT of the court room if you are seen with gum.

JSR is offline Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
    It's maddening. The A's only claim "kin of the victim" when it suits them. What really have they done for caylee except work like hell to get her murderer off. I mean really? It's maddening they only want to he there to help their daughter not the victim. They could care less if caylee receives any justice.

Caylee is just a distant memory to them ....
    Indeed the Irony IS Rich

Jodi Arias- "Quick on the slime, Slow on the facts"- From Juan's Closing Argument

"The difference between a stumbling block and stepping stone is the character of the person walking the path."- Travis Victor Alexander

2011.03.02 Motion for Relative of Victim To be Excluded from Sequestration
    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/73107238...-Sequestration

filed by Lippman
    3/2/2011

March 2, 2011
    Judge Perry said that the request would only address the hearing, not the trial and denied the motion based upon the following factors:
    Their testimony may be colored by listening to other witnesses testifying.
    He also based his decision on their testimony versus their depositions which tend to show their testimony may be colored.
    Perry said that they could testify first and then be excused to listen to the other witnesses.

For the trial (not a Hearing), the Anthonys will be called by the State, and then called in the Defense portion of the trial, and possibly called again during the State's rebuttal portion, and then in the Defense Penalty Phase portion.
    Last edited by ThinkTank; 04-25-2011 at 07:58 PM.

JSR is offline Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
    I also think they both need to be kept out for the duration of the trial, except when they are testifying. They simply can't control themselves.
    Indeed the Irony IS Rich

Jodi Arias- "Quick on the slime, Slow on the facts"- From Juan's Closing Argument

"The difference between a stumbling block and stepping stone is the character of the person walking the path."- Travis Victor Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by JSR View Post
    It's maddening. The A's only claim "kin of the victim" when it suits them. What really have they done for caylee except work like hell to get her murderer off. I mean really? It's maddening they only want to he there to help their daughter not the victim. They could care less if caylee receives any justice.

Caylee is just a distant memory to them ....
    and..........$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This premise of being the victim's family is getting old. They are family in name only. JMO!

A witness is a witness and should be required to follow the same rules as all others. Particularly in this case.

BUT -

I am somewhat torn about it. If they were allowed in after testifying as they did in the hearings I would be ok with that. I do want them to be in there. They won't help Casey in any way. The jury will be watching them as well, I would suspect. I can see them being called to the stand several times throughout the trial, but they could also go home and watch it like anyone else, so....

ETA: I also want them in there, to HEAR AND SEE with everyone else just exactly what the "boss" did to Caylee.
    Last edited by Softail; 04-25-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    My first thought when I read this was, Are they now relatives of the victim "Caylee" whom Cindy claims is still alive?" "Caylee whom Cindy along with ICA will go and find once ICA is released?"
    That was my first thoughts also......
    smh.. of course they seem to think that all the rules and laws should be changed and bent just for them.. its disgusting..
    Last edited by LEFT-COASTER; 04-25-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: lol.. my mind blanked on how to spell disgusting lol

The pure disdain that George and Cindy have for the SA's is so evident. They are the clearest example of a hostile witness. One ugly outburst, or shake of a head, or better yet snide comment directed at the state should get them tossed out of the courtroom. Let 'em in......

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast