What Is the Defense Strategy #2

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111391"]Link to What Is the Defense Strategy #1[/ame]

I almost passed out when I saw the old thread was up tp 94 pages! :thud:

For the life of me I can't figure out how it got that long considering I still don't think they have a good strategy, but here's y'all a new place to keep discussing it. Good luck figuring it out! ;)

Link to What Is the Defense Strategy #1

I almost passed out when I saw the old thread was up tp 94 pages! :thud:

For the life of me I can't figure out how it got that long considering I still don't think they have a good strategy, but here's y'all a new place to keep discussing it. Good luck figuring it out! ;)

Lol! 94 pages and STILL no viable defense! :woohoo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalgirl
Those are possible options and good work! But - are we really buying them? Have we been able to come up with even one that would register as an "AHA" moment? We're really struggling with this - even knowing as much about this case as our combined brains do.

If/When the Defense Team reads here, and we know we do - here is my statement for them. Sorry Baez, sorry Mason, we have tried our best, but we are unable to come up with a shred of a defense for you that has even a shred of credibility.

Seriously, it is time to push for a plea.
Hey Logical,
It looks like Mason did read our posts right before his last ditch effort to throw out the '31 Days' evidence.

LOL Katydid23 - Beach cut me off at the pass - Here's your answer! :doh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: But still no defense!

Let me cast my eyes to the horizon and look deep inside myself for a prediction - "Ah yes! More motions - and no viable defense!"

Oh rats Beach, my quotes didn't copy - sigh!

Can one even imagine the things that must come out of a " brain-storming " episode for Mr. Baez, for " ways to get a mistrial "?

Perhaps having CA and GA bust into the courtroom, CA swinging her hammer and screaming " free the inmate " while GA runs with his hose and hoses down Jose, while Jose sings a few frames of " wasted days and wasted nights ", while ICA slaps him in the leg with a freeze pop and CM throws pop tarts at the back of his head..........Could this " git err dunn " ?

Can one even imagine the things that must come out of a " brain-storming " episode for Mr. Baez, for " ways to get a mistrial "?

Perhaps having CA and GA bust into the courtroom, CA swinging her hammer and screaming " free the inmate " while GA runs with his hose and hoses down Jose, while Jose sings a few frames of " wasted days and wasted nights ", while ICA slaps him in the leg with a freeze pop and CM throws pop tarts at the back of his head..........Could this " git err dunn " ?

LOL - it's an idea alright - but I'm thinking Jose is singing that old Stones song from the movie "Alfie" - "Old habits die hard" .....:floorlaugh:

Thinks at least le could leave this case, which to him, must secretly seem to be a career busting nightmare.

If not then perhaps the second time around better chance of trying to get everything thrown out.......JMO

I have always said KC ruined herself when she gave the nanny story. I bet the defense thinks so too. Her statements are the most incriminating. Her lies are their biggest hurdle.

If she would have said that first night when confronted about where Caylee was that she left Caylee alone somewhere say in the car or alone at the Anthony home and when she got back she was gone and at that point she was really afraid of telling anyone and so she lied about Caylee being with the nanny which she made up to keep CA off her back about having a job and care for Caylee. Then maybe based on that statement the defense can try to defend her with the "some one else did it" defense.

But the girl had Caylee in her arms according to her dad the last time she was seen - the girl said she left her at sawgrass with a nanny.

How can you escape that lie?

By saying that your father DID NOT see you that morning and actually he was lying and you are so afraid of him you covered for him and he had access to your car, your daughter and because of the abuse you endored from him you were afraid.

But how do you tell this new story without taking the stand yourself?

what a pickle.

MO

OMG the vision in my head at this is hysterical! :floorlaugh:

I think the DT is waiting to see what will be allowed in before they commit to a defense. If it looks like most of the evidence will come in, Jose will admit on opening statements that Casey is guilty of lying because Caylee died from some sort of accident. Probably drowning in the pool which would account for the cadaver dog hits in the back yard and the rest of the evidence.

She was a young, inexperienced mother, her self esteem beaten down by her mother who told her she was a bad mother. Crippled emotionally by sexual/emotional/physical abuse from the family. He could say ICA couldn't part with Caylee so she left her in the trunk of the car. The state's expert witnesses would testify to what Jose already admitted to. He wouldn't have to ask them any questions during trial.

The defense doesn't have anyone reputable to dispute the evidence so they'll throw the dice and hope one juror buys it. The defense gets to walk away with a hung jury which would be a win for them. Casey would be left in jail for a public defender to take care of her next trial.

I'm not saying this will work but the defense has absolutely nothing to work with. I think the only thing they'll dispute is the duct tape because the jurors will want to know why she put duct tape over her face.

I don't believe any of this, I'm just trying to figure out what the big ah ha moment is and admitting that Caylee died while in Casey's care would be an ah ha moment, I suppose.

IMO

I think the DT is waiting to see what will be allowed in before they commit to a defense. If it looks like most of the evidence will come in, Jose will admit on opening statements that Casey is guilty of lying because Caylee died from some sort of accident. Probably drowning in the pool which would account for the cadaver dog hits in the back yard and the rest of the evidence.

She was a young, inexperienced mother, her self esteem beaten down by her mother who told her she was a bad mother. Crippled emotionally by sexual/emotional/physical abuse from the family. He could say ICA couldn't part with Caylee so she left her in the trunk of the car. The state's expert witnesses would testify to what Jose already admitted to. He wouldn't have to ask them any questions during trial.

The defense doesn't have anyone reputable to dispute the evidence so they'll throw the dice and hope one juror buys it. The defense gets to walk away with a hung jury which would be a win for them. Casey would be left in jail for a public defender to take care of her next trial.

I'm not saying this will work but the defense has absolutely nothing to work with. I think the only thing they'll dispute is the duct tape because the jurors will want to know why she put duct tape over her face.

I don't believe any of this, I'm just trying to figure out what the big ah ha moment is and admitting that Caylee died while in Casey's care would be an ah ha moment, I suppose.

IMO

They can't introduce a new version of events such as an accident without notifying the state and without KC taking the stand. They can raise suspicion about someone else that was not investigated, but they can't say KC told me it was an accident etc. They can use witness testimony to raise doubts.

IMO

Whatever it is it likely just went up in smoke when Caylee's hero HHJP just denied a whole packet of motions to exclude!!

I'm still thinking their only option is smoke and mirrors. I feel for this jury.

They can't introduce a new version of events such as an accident without notifying the state and without KC taking the stand. They can raise suspicion about someone else that was not investigated, but they can't say KC told me it was an accident etc. They can use witness testimony to raise doubts.

IMO

I thought they could say anything they want at trial as long as their 'evidence' backs it up? I didn't think they had to share their theory with State, but I could be wrong.

I also think the defense is going to have no other option but to go with an accidental death and hope that the jury won't convict Casey of the First Degree Murder charges. While the State has the burden of proof that Caylee's death was intentional and planned... the defense is going to have the burden of proof that this was an accident, imo.

A jury is not going to just accept the defense saying "This was a terrible accident." They will want proof. The same way they will want proof from the State that Casey killed Caylee intentionally.

What is going to be interesting to me is if Cindy and George's testimony is going to reflect that they now know this was an accident? I would think that the defense would want the Anthony's to be on board with this stradegy... even if they don't believe it? Which I don't believe they will ever admit that Casey was in any way responsible for Caylee's death... intentional or accidentally?

I really have no idea what the defense is going to do? I literally have no idea what to expect from them? I am eagerly waiting for opening statements because JB said that we will know in the first 5 minutes of his opening statement why Casey waited 31 days to... well she didn't even report Caylee missing... but why she never called to report Caylee missing. JB said it will be "compelling."

I thought they could say anything they want at trial as long as their 'evidence' backs it up? I didn't think they had to share their theory with State, but I could be wrong.

I really think they are going to go with sexual abuse being a mitigating factor in that she was suffering from some kind of trauma. I know, I know they have to prove it. but, they don't really have to prove it - they can lay it out there for any juror who will possibly take it and say that sounds about right what with the stealing and lying - two side effects of sexual abuse. And we all know she does both.

I just don't know how they are going to get around the murder itself. The stain is in - so the body was in the trunk of her car. I can't see them doing anything else but blaming George. What else can they say?

There is no other reason for her to wait 31 days unless she knew the child was already dead. So she knew that - but why didn't she report it? Because she was afraid - Afraid of who - Afraid of her father.

I really think they are going to go with sexual abuse being a mitigating factor in that she was suffering from some kind of trauma. I know, I know they have to prove it. but, they don't really have to prove it - they can lay it out there for any juror who will possibly take it and say that sounds about right what with the stealing and lying - two side effects of sexual abuse. And we all know she does both.

I just don't know how they are going to get around the murder itself. The stain is in - so the body was in the trunk of her car. I can't see them doing anything else but blaming George. What else can they say?

There is no other reason for her to wait 31 days unless she knew the child was already dead. So she knew that - but why didn't she report it? Because she was afraid - Afraid of who - Afraid of her father.

Would this be the same father she claimed was the best and to whom she said 'Here's your F-ING gas cans'? They must do afraid different in Orlando...

Would this be the same father she claimed was the best and to whom she said 'Here's your F-ING gas cans'? They must do afraid different in Orlando...

That's the one.

And the fact that she called her mother a f$%#ing idiot when she was out on bail and had no problem doing that in front of the neighbors according to one neighbor.

I just don't know what they are going to say. I cannot think of anything else. The accident does not work - there is the tape. I mean they can go out on a limb or reaaaaaaaaaallly go out on a limb and say she did it but was afraid and put the tape on her. Then they have to get past the partying. She does not look afraid at all.

I really think they are going to use sexual abuse and say she is not guilty of anything except being abused.

Which I don't think is going to work either.

Well, they better come up with some kind of strategy...CJBP is not playin' around...all the evidence is coming in...

http://www..com/2011/04/casey-anthony-judge-releases-crucial-rulings/

Well, they better come up with some kind of strategy...CJBP is not playin' around...all the evidence is coming in...

http://www..com/2011/04/casey-anthony-judge-releases-crucial-rulings/

Seriously!

2011.04.26 State Notice of Provision of Discovery
Discovery Documents pages 24709 - 24711 (Letter from Robin Adams)
Discovery Documents pages 24712 - 24715 (Reports pertaining to burglary at 4937 Hopespring Dr.)
Discovery Documents pages 24716 - 24719 (copies of notes to River Rios)

Muzikman just posted this in the Motions Thread. Wasn't sure where to put it, but I have a feeling the Defense is going to somehow try to say their house was robbed by the kidnapper? It does say the "State Notice", but I still have to wonder what this could mean.:waitasec:

Muzikman just posted this in the Motions Thread. Wasn't sure where to put it, but I have a feeling the Defense is going to somehow try to say their house was robbed by the kidnapper? It does say the "State Notice", but I still have to wonder what this could mean.:waitasec:
I'm guessing it's the report about the stolen gas cans.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back