Identified! GA - DeKalb Co., WhtFem 281UFGA, 20-40, metal repair in hip, Sep'93 - Rebecca "Becky" Burke

ihadcabinfever

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/281ufga.html

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on September 17, 1993 in DeKalb County, Georgia
Significantly decomposed / Partially skeletonized remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: Birth Range: 1963 - 1973
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 120-130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Long, curly, frosted / light brown hair. She had undergone a full left hip replacement that repaired an intertrochanteric fracture of the left hip.
Dentals: Available. She had extensive dental work including a fixed gold bridge, two full gold crowns and both upper front teeth were fused to metal crowns.
Clothing: A black t-shirt with a multi-colored monogram on the front that reads "WAIKOLOA", blue jeans, white leather athletic shoes bearing "Cross Trainer" and "XJ900", size 8 and no undergarments of any kind. No jewelry was found.

Case History
The victim was located on September 17, 1993 in a wooded strip off of Northlake Parkway on the West side of Interstate 285. This is an open homicide.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
DeKalb County Medical Examiner's Office
Investigator Sam Buice
404-508-3521
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
93D-1122

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/929dfmd.html

Billy Jean Hall
Missing since February 28, 1985 from Jessup, Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
Classification: Involuntary

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 19, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3" (160 cm); 110 lbs. (50 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Medium blonde hair; blue eyes.
Dentals Available. She had extensive dental work including a fixed gold bridge, two full gold crowns and both upper front teeth were fused to metal crowns. Hall suffered brain damage due to a traffic accident and should have a scar where a tap was done through her skull. She also has an orthodontic screw, a richmond screw installed above her right eye, a skull plate inserted in her head and fractured fingers.
Other: Her blood type is O.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Hall left Jessup on February 28, 1985 in a Nissan Camper to go to a biker convention in Daytona Beach, Florida. She was to be gone for two weeks.
After four weeks, no one had heard from Hall and she was officially reported missing. There was activity on Ms. Hall’s credit card in Daytona, Florida. It is felt that she arrived, but never returned. Investigators suspect foul play.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Sgt. John Bollinger
Maryland State Police
410-290-0050 X 130

NCIC Number: M-167898305
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Maryland State Police

I wonder if the scar on the abdomen and buttocks are from a hip replacement. The scarring on the chin could mean extensive dental work.
The eyebrows and eye set on these girls look similar.
http://www.wheelessonline.com/ortho/intertrochanteric_fractures

Ouch!!!!!!

The dental work alone seems to make this a match. It's possible it's her. She apparently made it FL. Maybe met someone not so cool at the biker convention or ran into her killer on the way home. She would have traveled through GA to get home. This at least needs to get submitted. It's too close not to. Although the only draw back I see is I doubt the UID remains would only be "partially" skeletized over 8 years.

I agree that it is possible this could be a match. However, the UID had undergone a hip replacement. While it appears poor Billy Jean had undergone a lot of procedures, no mention is made of a hip replacement.

It mentions that Billy Jean Hall had suffered brain damage. I wonder how much this affected her mental process. Apparently she was capable of driving, but was she capable of identifying a dangerous situation?

I wonder if her car was ever found?

Good sleuthing, ihadcabinfever. In spite of a little doubt, I still think this would be worth looking into as a "match".:clap:

If the UID was missing part of the skull, then maybe it could be a match. But if the skull was complete, I have my doubts. I do not think that skull plates are generally designed to be absorbed, as the skull does not generally completely heal. If she did wander, then I could see her having a hip replacement later, though. The commonality on the dentals is intriguing, if the skull plate can be accounted for.

Here is a link to Billy Jean Hall's thread here in Cold Cases:

Billy Jean Hall, 24: Missing since 28 Feb 1985 from Jessup, Maryland - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

LINK:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1423316#post1423316

And here is another Cold case thread which discusses the Billy Jean Hall case:

Billy Jean Hall vs. Texas Jane Doe 0018???? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

LINK:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46782&highlight=billy+jean+hall

hi, I wanted to bump this up because this UID has intrigued me as well - I know it's only a reconstruction, but she has such a sad but pretty face. and it would seem like there would be enough distinguishing characteristics for her not to remain a UID for too long - but sadly, she still is - unless, are there any updates on this? has Billy Jean Hall been submitted as a possible match yet?

Hi, this was also a thread in cold cases, but I wanted to bump it in here as well. something about this girl's face - even though it's a clay reconstruction - haunts me. she has so many identifiable characteristics that I feel like she should have been ID'd already. she has such a pretty, but sad, face. I think Billie Jean Hall had been mentioned as a possibility in the previous thread, however, I don't know if that match was actually submitted.

Possible Match 281UFGA vs. 929DFMD - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on September 17, 1993 in DeKalb County, Georgia
Significantly decomposed / Partially skeletonized remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: Birth Range: 1963 - 1973
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 120-130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Long, curly, frosted / light brown hair. She had undergone a full left hip replacement that repaired an intertrochanteric fracture of the left hip.
Dentals: Available. She had extensive dental work including a fixed gold bridge, two full gold crowns and both upper front teeth were fused to metal crowns.
Clothing: A black t-shirt with a multi-colored monogram on the front that reads "WAIKOLOA", blue jeans, white leather athletic shoes bearing "Cross Trainer" and "XJ900", size 8 and no undergarments of any kind. No jewelry was found.

Case History
The victim was located on September 17, 1993 in a wooded strip off of Northlake Parkway on the West side of Interstate 285. This is an open homicide.

anyone know what states Interstate 285 runs through?

so, I am working on a hunch that this girl is from Hawaii - possibly a runaway? - as her shirt says "Waikoloa" which is a town in Hawaii. I can't find any missing persons sites though that list anyone missing from Hawaii prior to 1999 - I've checked NAMUS, all the local law enforcement links, Doe, Charley, NCMEC. does anyone have any links/resources for Hawaii missing persons? there HAS to be people missing prior to '99. I just can't find them!

This is what I learned from a couple of different websites...it is nicely compiled on Wikipedia:

"The term "hip fracture" is commonly used to refer to four different fracture patterns and is often due to osteoporosis; in the vast majority of cases, a hip fracture is a fragility fracture due to a fall or minor trauma in someone with weakened osteoporotic bone. Most hip fractures in people with normal bone are the result of high-energy trauma such as car accidents."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_fracture

"Intertrochanteric fracture denotes a break in which the fracture line is between the greater and lesser trochanter on the intertrochanteric line. It is the most common type of 'hip fracture' and prognosis for bony healing is generally good if the patient is otherwise healthy."

So we have a young woman with a significant surgical repair, likely because of a "high energy trauma." Pretty distinctive I would think.

I think that she could possibly be older than they are saying she is, if she's 20-30 years old, she's probably closer to 30 or even in her 30s. given the amount of trauma her body has already experienced, and also, the gold crowns - I'm 28, and I don't know too many people my age with that much crown work already.

Osteoporosis - also pretty rare for a person in this age range.

unfortunately, the abundance of "healed" injuries that are evident in these UID women tell me that she was probably a victim of spousal abuse and likely killed by the husband or boyfriend. :(

it also makes me wonder, on this topic, about some missing women that are never found. is it possible that they are in some sort of hiding from a batterer? like a witness protection program for battered women? I have heard of this before, so it makes me wonder (and also somewhat hopeful) if these women actually got away ALIVE but are not able to contact anyone out of fear for their own lives.

Here's a Side by side of Ms. Robinson and Georgia Jane!

Attachments

• Copy of robinson_cynthia missing 1-1-92 FL.jpg
    Copy of robinson_cynthia missing 1-1-92 FL.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 68
Info on missing: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/622dffl.html
Sherry Michaud Petersen

Missing since December 24, 1992 from Ocala, Marion County, Florida.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 21, 1950
Age at Time of Disappearance: 42 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Hazel eyes; brown hair.
Marks, Scars: She has a large brown birthmark on front right shoulder.
Dentals: She has a dental plate and is missing four front teeth.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Sherry was last seen at her home on Christmas Eve night in the area of Ocala, Florida called Scattertown.
Petersen was to come to her parents home in Lakeland, Florida for Christmas. At the last minute, she sent her children and told her mom she would call her first thing Christmas morning. She has not been seen or heard from since.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Marion County Sheriff's Department
Inspector DeFalco
352-629-8517
NCIC Number: M-61473356756

There's 370 miles between these two places! I want your opinions on this one!

FC: Did you submit Ms. Robinson, yet?

Here's the Side by Side Pics:

Attachments

• Copy of 281UFGA found 9-17-93.jpg
    Copy of 281UFGA found 9-17-93.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 51
MedeaBecBec- The chin really looks close on the UID and Ms. Peterson. I can see why you favor this one as a possible match. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back