A spoonful of MAGGOTS a day, keeps the doctor away.

blueclouds

Former member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ewwwwwwwwwww :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,65117,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_2

... hundreds of U.S. doctors have jumped on the low-tech maggot-therapy bandwagon, and the nation's leading producer of medical maggots has had to double production less than a year after the Food and Drug Administration approved the animals as bona fide medical devices. It seems that maggots, long neglected by medicine, have come back from the dead.

Their resurrection began in the early 1980s when Dr. Ronald Sherman, a researcher at the University of California at Irvine, began exploring their potential benefits for patients with wounds, especially on their legs and feet.

hi blue! i think i'll add "maggot therapy" along with 'stay puft' and 'fun flip' to my morning routine.

lex said:
hi blue! i think i'll add "maggot therapy" along with 'stay puft' and 'fun flip' to my morning routine.
You EVER want me to visit you LEX????? eewwwwwwwww

blueclouds said:
You EVER want me to visit you LEX????? eewwwwwwwww

lol blue! perhaps i should have related 'maggot therapy' to something more provincial ..... like mg's defensive stratagy (lie, confuse, disrupt), or carbozo's comments! :(

It wasn't easy to reply to this thread without reading it, but I did. (actually now that I think about it, I think lots of posters reply to threads they don't read :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec: ).

But it was too gross this close to lunch. :chicken:

Remember the story a while back where a man's wife had died and he started completely neglecting the baby - always telling family that it was asleep? Well, when the baby was found, it had been in it's crib for many days (or weeks? can't remember) and the flesh on its back had started to decay or something terrible. Anyways, the maggots that were there eating the baby's decaying flesh were the reason the baby survived - they kept the wound clean, preventing it from forming into a terrible infection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back