PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for starting this thread.

It is a little more likely that RFG walked away, but a not more likely that he walked away.

It looks like RFG made the cell call someplace west of Centre Hall, before he was actually on Route 192. New blog on it.

Very strange story. I dont understand why anyone would think he would just walk away. I guess that assumption comes from the fact that he took a day off at the last minute, turned off his phone, visited a favorite antique shop and threw his computer in the river??? sounds very odd.If he was so worried about his hardrive never being found and he did walk away, why didnt he just keep it with him?
If it was a suicide, the body should have been found by now. This theory seems way too cruel to the family. why would he put them through this again? and even if he was a walk away it seems so cruel with the positioning of the car to water, bridge etc.

I guess that assumption comes from the fact that he took a day off at the last minute, turned off his phone, visited a favorite antique shop and threw his computer in the river???

1. It wasn't his "favorite" antiques shop, though he had visited it.

2. All the things you've mentioned, if you change "computer" to hard drive, has somewhat reasonable explanations, in a non-walkaway context.

If he was so worried about his hardrive never being found and he did walk away, why didnt he just keep it with him?

Well, so he wouldn't have something that might end up being discovered to belong to him. He could leave it behind at some spot, by accident or someone could find it. In a strict walkaway context, it makes sense.

It also makes sense that RFG would be interested in destroying the drive, as he was planning to retire, and then something else happened.

1. It wasn't his "favorite" antiques shop, though he had visited it.

2. All the things you've mentioned, if you change "computer" to hard drive, has somewhat reasonable explanations, in a non-walkaway context.

Well, so he wouldn't have something that might end up being discovered to belong to him. He could leave it behind at some spot, by accident or someone could find it. In a strict walkaway context, it makes sense.

It also makes sense that RFG would be interested in destroying the drive, as he was planning to retire, and then something else happened.

If he visited the shop a few times he must have liked it, a favorite, not HIS favorite....
Still not following the logic about the computer. Computer = hard drive IMO He could have left the shell of his computer on his desk and removed the hard drive,if he was so worried about returning it to the county, although a new hard drive expense probably cost more than a new laptop LOL. If he was going to reinvent himself who cares what was on the drive unless it was shady.
I am starting to think if he left on his own, he needed to because he did something unlawful.

If he visited the shop a few times he must have liked it, a favorite, not HIS favorite....
Still not following the logic about the computer. Computer = hard drive IMO He could have left the shell of his computer on his desk and removed the hard drive,if he was so worried about returning it to the county, although a new hard drive expense probably cost more than a new laptop LOL. If he was going to reinvent himself who cares what was on the drive unless it was shady.
I am starting to think if he left on his own, he needed to because he did something unlawful.

RFG was approaching retirement and has asked people how to get rid of the data. He searched the Internet on how to destroy the drive, which would also destroy the data. I don't see anything strange with a guy who was retiring, and would obviously know the dangers of identity fraud, would toss the drive in a river 50 miles from home.

I think a replacement drive would be less than $150.

I've seen no evidence of anything "shady."

I'm new to this case.It's very interesting... I looked at Mr.Gricar's FBI missing person page.It stated that he "may also use the names Ray Lange or Ray Gray ".... Can anyone tell me about his use of aliases ? TIA...

JMO

I have always felt he walked away. That is hard to accept since he loved his daughter. Is it possible (well, sure, most things are "possible") that she knows he is alive but she hasn't said anything to anyone? This case drives me nuts.

After reading the threads, I wonder if he left voluntarily ? He was/is a nice looking man who kept himself in good shape.... He was approaching retirement ; perhaps he wanted to live his life in a different place, in a different way. ... I'm sure it's unrelated,but I also noticed that he disappeared on 4/15...last day to file taxes...

JMO

I'm new to this case.It's very interesting... I looked at Mr.Gricar's FBI missing person page.It stated that he "may also use the names Ray Lange or Ray Gray ".... Can anyone tell me about his use of aliases ? TIA...

JMO

He never used them, directly, so far as I know, but they are the surnames of his ex-wives.

He never used them, directly, so far as I know, but they are the surnames of his ex-wives.

TY JJ. Even a cursory reading of the threads in this case tells me of your knowledge and interest in Mr.Gricar's strange disappearance. Can't help but wonder why the Bureau would give those names as aliases...

JMO

TY JJ. Even a cursory reading of the threads in this case tells me of your knowledge and interest in Mr.Gricar's strange disappearance. Can't help but wonder why the Bureau would give those names as aliases...

JMO

They might have been on credit card applications or something financial. Gray uses her single name.

I have always felt he walked away. That is hard to accept since he loved his daughter. Is it possible (well, sure, most things are "possible") that she knows he is alive but she hasn't said anything to anyone? This case drives me nuts.

While he did love his daughter, I think you have to remember several things:

1. RFG divorced his first wife (LG's mother) when LG was in her early teens. He was not the custodial parent.

2. LG had been school for about five years in Washington State when RFG disappeared.

Though she did visit, and vice versa, they were not in close physical proximity for many years.

While he did love his daughter, I think you have to remember several things:

1. RFG divorced his first wife (LG's mother) when LG was in her early teens. He was not the custodial parent.

2. LG had been school for about five years in Washington State when RFG disappeared.

Though she did visit, and vice versa, they were not in close physical proximity for many years.

But they spoke weekly and the office staff knew to patch Lara's calls thru or else lol. He remained very close to Lara.

RFG was approaching retirement and has asked people how to get rid of the data. He searched the Internet on how to destroy the drive, which would also destroy the data. I don't see anything strange with a guy who was retiring, and would obviously know the dangers of identity fraud, would toss the drive in a river 50 miles from home.

I think a replacement drive would be less than $150.

I've seen no evidence of anything "shady."

Well you can say there is no evidence of "anything". Just alot of assumptions.

The daily involvement in each other's lives was minimal.

I don't think Lara's relationship with her father was minimal. After all he shared his account with her. Lara also did his taxes ect. I also don't think Ray would ditch his daughter and not even be there to walk her down the aisle to marriage. Thats a real father event. He was there and took care of her during her ski accident. He visited her when she lived in california ect. The relatioship was one of love between a father and daughter. You have not indicated a motive why Ray would leave his daughter with a legacy of ditching her from his life?
I know you will say motive needs no proving but IMO walk away motive needs a reason which there is none. Do you think Ray suddenly got up on 4-15-2005 and decided he hated his daughter, his livein his newphews ect and replaced them with a life of drama knowing he would have to stay hidden? Im sorry but it makes no sense and it wasn't characteristic of Ray's personality. How Ray handled things was to confront them head on as he always did. That showed in his cases and also how he handled his past 2 wifes. This time Ray wasn't even married so why run away and hide like that? Also leaving without a good reputation would bother him IMO. Also leaving without pension and later SSI and health insurance. What about his antique collection his photos and important papers? Walk away does not add up IMO. In what way and why? Typical walk aways the usual are drug addiction people ect. This man was stable and was looking forward to his retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni