Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 540
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    15,868
    Quote Originally Posted by greengreen View Post
    That sounds plausible but who has her? If someone is missing, no one here is talking about him.
    Green green i think its someone she maybe was with for a while he maybe wants to go back with her. honestly this is what i think they mean by the statement about its not as it appears!
    I think this guy is scared! But i also think she is ok.

    Maybe he is talking to LE about him comming in. He will give himself up.
    Just a thought but heck thats the best outcome for this entire case


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  3. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    I dont know i said the same thing but a radio alert was put out she does not meet the requirements for an amber alert she is over 17.
    Ok. That makes sense. Glad I wasn't the only one confused. :-)

    Also, thanks for the scanner link!


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to southernillinoisman For This Useful Post:


  5. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    15,868
    Quote Originally Posted by greengreen View Post
    I think it all started when the local newspapers called it an Amber Alert although she is over 17 so she did not qualify. Maybe they thought it would grab more attention that way?
    Maybe so there has been just so much CHAOS in this case lol.


  6. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by MILofForensicSpecTBI View Post
    It's been pretty scary the last few days with the weather.
    Are you ok from last night's weather? We definitely got hammered. I haven't heard of any fatalities, thankfully.


  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nehemiah For This Useful Post:


  8. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    150
    I'm sure the national media just moved on to the krista case where they can interview her mother and get some actual information. The Today show had the krista case front and center. People and the national media moved on.

    It pains me to say this but I'm frustrated and losing interest too. I feel like LE either has no clue at all or they know much more. If they were afraid this wasn't random they would hopefully be telling locals to lock their doors. They have done nothing like that at all. That tells me they seem to have an idea but by not coming public or at least letting it slip they were watching someone....the public may notice something.

    I'd be hesitant to call on my neighbors absent any clue even if I felt something was odd. If the police say xyz is a person of interest and now I Remember something I would call. They lost that opportunity.

    I really hope they pulled every surveillance video in the entire surrounding area in the first 24 hours but did they?

    For me the silly news articles yesterday turned me off. More doublespeak, useless information and deliberately vague or worse the inability of the spokesperson to define a clear message just lost me. The spokesperson yesterday not being able to, or deliberately using vague words.....ive had it.

    I hope and pray this all ends with her coming home. But like many of the criminal profilers have been leading too there's just so many inconsistencies and a total lack of information that I don't believe we are close to a resolution.


  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ensht For This Useful Post:


  10. #111
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    90
    I’ve tried to catch up and read everything before posting my thoughts so soem deal with older topics. Some thoughts are influenced by my childhood, having grown up in a very rural area:

    The camouflage clothing may be the only clothing these people have that is rugged enough to withstand the type of terrain/vegetation in the search area. It may be the only heavy clothing they have, most of it looks bulky and not “street” camo.

    Sometimes the way sound travels can fool you. Depending on the temperature, wind, etc sometimes you could hear the people some distance away talking like they were very close. Other times you could not hear them if they yelled. Same with car doors, engines starting, etc.

    I think it’s possible the 911 calls will never be released. I think I recall hearing when I first read about this that was LE’s intention. I think there are two reasons. First is the classification as a “home invasion”. That probably came from the idea the perp was in the garage/carport area. Then the use of the word “dragged”. I think this word is used more in the country as taking someone somewhere they may not prefer to go rather than physically dragging someone. For example, my Mom dragged me to the store with her. Heck, I think it’s possible Holly may have even said before that her BF dragged her somewhere to see his latest kill.

    The brother probably thought nothing odd of the BF being there early to hunt because that is the way it is done. Even though it turned out not to be the BF.

    As for the scattered evidence that may indicate someone travelling in circles? It would not be the first time a grand plan fell apart because the perp sort of “high” on the commission of his crime missed a turn on the very escape route he’d planned out so well. Planning it out under clam circumstances and then following through with the adrenaline pumping sure could mess with a person’s sense of direction and timing.

    I bounce back and forth between the idea that the perp was really smart (planting evidence) or just really lucky (and scattered evidence with no thought). I tend to think “more lucky”. He somehow got away with her despite the brother being there. No one else saw anything. Then he just sheds evidence as he has a chance.

    I don’t buy the idea of a “ruse” to get her into the woods. A hurt person or even an animal would not result in what appears to be a calm walk into the woods. As a student of nursing, I’d think Holly would understand time is of the essence and the reaction would be to run into the woods while dialing 911 on the cell phone. That leaves the blood. I’ve wondered if it’s possible Holly’s car door was opened and she was in the process of entering it when approached and the door caused an injury that resulted in his or her blood. They haven’t said “where” all the blood in the carport/garage was.

    I hope she’s alive and home soon.



  11. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    So what do you think will happend today!

    things are not as they appear ! what the heck does tha tmean?
    I think today will be quiet. Seems LE is working behind the scenes and are "narrowing in" on their poi. Along with the weather hampering searchers being out.

    "Things are not as they appear" That seems to be the mantra out of that community from early on in this case.
    What it appeared to be to me in the beginning is a pretty girl is kidnapped from her home by a man wanting to cause her harm. Appeared to be violent from the blood in driveway to screams heard & reported by neighbor.

    What I hear the community saying is that they know who it is. They believe she is alive and expect this to be over swiftly. BUT WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR??
    Are they waiting for Holly to wake up from a coma?
    Are they waiting for Perp to turn himself in?
    Are they waiting for something specific to happen which enables LE to pinpoint their location.
    I cant put two and two together here and find it curious that they are waiting for something. Along with "it is not as it seems".

    I just pray and hope that Holly is safe and brought home today!

    JMO


  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WideOpen For This Useful Post:


  13. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by ensht View Post
    I'm sure the national media just moved on to the krista case where they can interview her mother and get some actual information. The Today show had the krista case front and center. People and the national media moved on.

    It pains me to say this but I'm frustrated and losing interest too. I feel like LE either has no clue at all or they know much more. If they were afraid this wasn't random they would hopefully be telling locals to lock their doors. They have done nothing like that at all. That tells me they seem to have an idea but by not coming public or at least letting it slip they were watching someone....the public may notice something.

    I'd be hesitant to call on my neighbors absent any clue even if I felt something was odd. If the police say xyz is a person of interest and now I Remember something I would call. They lost that opportunity.

    I really hope they pulled every surveillance video in the entire surrounding area in the first 24 hours but did they?

    For me the silly news articles yesterday turned me off. More doublespeak, useless information and deliberately vague or worse the inability of the spokesperson to define a clear message just lost me. The spokesperson yesterday not being able to, or deliberately using vague words.....ive had it.

    I hope and pray this all ends with her coming home. But like many of the criminal profilers have been leading too there's just so many inconsistencies and a total lack of information that I don't believe we are close to a resolution.
    Thankfully we have competent individuals running the case instead of all the people that have lack of interest. I'm sure they know who it is or otherwise we would have been told more. To me, yesterday was reassuring. He said everything is not as it seems. That made me confident LE knows what they are doing. And FWIW I doubt there was much surveillance video to pull other than the banks in town and maybe a local business or two. But if it someone missing that has her, they are either not from here or somehow it has been kept totally silent that he is missing.


  14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to greengreen For This Useful Post:


  15. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    I’ve tried to catch up and read everything before posting my thoughts so soem deal with older topics. Some thoughts are influenced by my childhood, having grown up in a very rural area:

    The camouflage clothing may be the only clothing these people have that is rugged enough to withstand the type of terrain/vegetation in the search area. It may be the only heavy clothing they have, most of it looks bulky and not “street” camo.

    Sometimes the way sound travels can fool you. Depending on the temperature, wind, etc sometimes you could hear the people some distance away talking like they were very close. Other times you could not hear them if they yelled. Same with car doors, engines starting, etc.

    I think it’s possible the 911 calls will never be released. I think I recall hearing when I first read about this that was LE’s intention. I think there are two reasons. First is the classification as a “home invasion”. That probably came from the idea the perp was in the garage/carport area. Then the use of the word “dragged”. I think this word is used more in the country as taking someone somewhere they may not prefer to go rather than physically dragging someone. For example, my Mom dragged me to the store with her. Heck, I think it’s possible Holly may have even said before that her BF dragged her somewhere to see his latest kill.

    The brother probably thought nothing odd of the BF being there early to hunt because that is the way it is done. Even though it turned out not to be the BF.

    As for the scattered evidence that may indicate someone travelling in circles? It would not be the first time a grand plan fell apart because the perp sort of “high” on the commission of his crime missed a turn on the very escape route he’d planned out so well. Planning it out under clam circumstances and then following through with the adrenaline pumping sure could mess with a person’s sense of direction and timing.

    I bounce back and forth between the idea that the perp was really smart (planting evidence) or just really lucky (and scattered evidence with no thought). I tend to think “more lucky”. He somehow got away with her despite the brother being there. No one else saw anything. Then he just sheds evidence as he has a chance.

    I don’t buy the idea of a “ruse” to get her into the woods. A hurt person or even an animal would not result in what appears to be a calm walk into the woods. As a student of nursing, I’d think Holly would understand time is of the essence and the reaction would be to run into the woods while dialing 911 on the cell phone. That leaves the blood. I’ve wondered if it’s possible Holly’s car door was opened and she was in the process of entering it when approached and the door caused an injury that resulted in his or her blood. They haven’t said “where” all the blood in the carport/garage was.

    I hope she’s alive and home soon.
    I'm in agreement on all of this. Another thought I had on the 911 calls is possibly the brother said a name of who it might have been since at this point he realized it was not her boyfriend? Just a thought.


  16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greengreen For This Useful Post:


  17. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    15,868
    Quote Originally Posted by greengreen View Post
    Thankfully we have competent individuals running the case instead of all the people that have lack of interest. I'm sure they know who it is or otherwise we would have been told more. To me, yesterday was reassuring. He said everything is not as it seems. That made me confident LE knows what they are doing. And FWIW I doubt there was much surveillance video to pull other than the banks in town and maybe a local business or two. But if it someone missing that has her, they are either not from here or somehow it has been kept totally silent that he is missing.
    Hey Green,
    the guy might live alone have an apt. Be unemployed like so many ppl in the US of A. He could be a college student living alone and his classes are over.
    There are so many ways a person would not be noticed as missing.

    He knows her and she knows him id bet my last dollar!

    This is all JMOO


  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  19. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Hey Green,
    the guy might live alone have an apt. Be unemployed like so many ppl in the US of A. He could be a college student living alone and his classes are over.
    There are so many ways a person would not be noticed as missing.

    He knows her and she knows him id bet my last dollar!

    This is all JMOO
    I think they know each other too! I just am wondering about it being someone she dated because they were all accounted for. But people keep saying someone is missing. What if he's not? What if he goes to her at night? She could be tied up at his house. If it is someone that is not "missing" then I have to think they did NOT know each other. But I think they did know each other.


  20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to greengreen For This Useful Post:


  21. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by greengreen View Post
    Another thought I had on the 911 calls is possibly the brother said a name of who it might have been since at this point he realized it was not her boyfriend? Just a thought.
    I am inclined to believe this as well. He possibly gave info that is a part of the perp's true identity.

    It kills me that all the talking heads think that they have a right to know everything about a case so they can spin it via the media. Yes, we would all like to know but real people's lives and futures are depending upon LE's work...not talking heads. JMO


  22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Nehemiah For This Useful Post:


  23. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    15,868
    whats so difficult with a search is this guy could just keep moving her around back to places already searched. I dont think she is outside. I think she is in a home or a barn. Like someone said yesterday maybe a house for sale!


  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  25. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Carolinas
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    I think she is in a home or a barn. Like someone said yesterday maybe a house for sale!
    When the real estate listings were posted yesterday, I started wondering the same thing. I am sure LE has thought of this, but there seem to be a lot of homes (and lots) for sale in that area. Could there be an out-building on a vacant lot for sale that she could be held in? An empty home?

    ...or maybe not even in that immediate area. The house next door to us was empty for four years and I am not sure I would have noticed if someone was being held in there quietly. And with my kitchen door open, you can hear people talking when they're in their yard, but certainly not in their home.
    Last edited by CuriousHousewife; 04-27-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: combined posts
    I'm just sayin...



    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." —Laurel Thatcher Ulrich


  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CuriousHousewife For This Useful Post:


  27. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    150
    Greengreen what the locals think in terms of who did it doesn't mean much if they have no evidence or proof and sometimes it can actually lead to assumptions and a bad investigation. Sometimes lightning does strike twice in terms of bad things happening to good people. If this isn't a local known to the family?

    Simple statements like "sometimes things are not what they appear"

    How about sometimes investigations are not what they appear, how about sometimes abductions are not what they appear?

    The same lack of specific and definitive statements makes this look haphazard.

    Fast forward to new Hampshire where all current and past boyfriends have already been discussed by LE.

    From the moment the brothers account of events was released it's been one mis-statement or non clear word after another. I certainly hope the case is being handled better than the public statements/release of information.


  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ensht For This Useful Post:


Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 544
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 10:01 PM
  2. Replies: 597
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 09:22 PM
  3. Replies: 573
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 03:04 PM
  4. TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 7
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Holly Bobo
    Replies: 507
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 04:23 PM
  5. TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 3
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Holly Bobo
    Replies: 577
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 12:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •