Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #7

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #7

I am adding a thread here for missing persons information and family support only.
    This is a non discussion thread.

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=67544

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

Prayers for those who love and miss Bob that answers are found and Bob can be brought home.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jul...issing-groom31

Harrod is described as 5 feet 11 and 140 pounds. He has gray hair and is balding, and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing white pants and a white hat and a shirt of an unknown color.
    Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call Loomis at (714) 993-8194 or Sgt. Scott Millsap at (714) 993-8168.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

~JMO~

Bob is the missing person of the week at Charleyproject.org!!!
    ~JMO~

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

$50,000 reward offered in Placentia man's disappearance

http://www.ocregister.com/news/harro...ce-reward.html

Published: Nov. 18, 2010 5:42 p.m.
    By SEAN EMERY
    THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

PLACENTIA – A $50,000 reward has been offered for information about the disappearance of an 81-year-old Placentia man who has been missing for more than a year, police said.

Bob Harrod was last seen July 27, 2009, days before he was to reunite with his wife, a childhood sweetheart he had rekindled a romance with and married in the months leading up to his disappearance.

CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #7

Please continue here.

Bob Harrod has been missing since July 27, 2009.
    He was last seen at his residence by his son in law sometime after 10:00 am the morning of July 27.

Bobs disappearance is being investigated as a homicide and a 50,000 dollar reward is being offered for information about his disappearance.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about Harrod's disappearance to contact detective Dave Radomski at 714-993-8176, or contact the homicide hotline at 714-993-8166.

Bobs Charley Project page:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

Bobs NamUs page:
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0/

Links to previous threads:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87453"]#1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110196"]#2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111789"]#3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113959"]#4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118434"]#5[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126407"]#6[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113919"]Timeline and Media links only[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125468"]Forensic Astrology - ROBERT HARROD LastSeen 7/27/09 Placentia, CA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Links to individual posts containing court documents:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5880028&postcount=192"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5921785&postcount=235"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5[/ame]
    Last edited by Kimster; 08-07-2011 at 06:32 PM.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Referring to posts in last thread: I've noticed that other "places" seem to get updated or pages deleted soon after they are mentioned here. Just something I find interesting.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RocNYchick For This Useful Post:

suzyq211 is offline Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
    Quote Originally Posted by RocNYchick View Post
    Referring to posts in last thread: I've noticed that other "places" seem to get updated or pages deleted soon after they are mentioned here. Just something I find interesting.
    Yep! So true!
    Robert Harrod will be found.

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:

Yes, and if it weren't for the reminders from WS who knows what might remind them about following through (even with the superficial efforts) to find their dad.

IIRC they are all retired or disabled? I'm wondering what exactly is taking all of their free time now that no one is employeed. Most of the civil court issues are behind them - so when do they get to the business of searching for Bob? Organizing vigils, papering the area etc. etc. It sure would be nice if they would put in 1/10th of the effort total strangers are for Bob. After all he was their father......

JMO
    ~JMO~

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Did I miss an update to the disgusting MySpace page?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Did I miss an update to the disgusting MySpace page?
    Last I looked it was taken down.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:

Twenty one months.
    Robert Harrod has been missing.
    Twenty one months.
    No vigils. No anniversary media contact.

Twenty one months.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Mr. Harrod. The hearing is coming up soon, should be interesting.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by suzyq211 View Post
    Last I looked it was taken down.
    Well I am glad we have the screen shots of them. Not just the MySpace but the rest.

Next land mark in this case is Monday, unless something happens today or over the weekend.

Fingers crossed Bob...we are praying for you and yours!
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Do you guys think it would be harder to be the killer of someone, or the person who finds out some of the information after the fact and chooses to circle the wagons?

I have been pondering this question...I wonder which would eat away at you the most?

I suppose if you had incredible distaste for the person who is dead, it wouldnt bother you under either circumstance.

Ah well. I was going back through the threads, and the image that keeps resonating with me is the dismantling of the house. Bob's house. And all of his things being collected and gone through. I wonder if anyone would have dared treat his possessions like that before he disappeared? I mean, do you think any of his children or his grandchild (the one who changed his name to Bob's) would have told Bob that they thought he needed to get rid of some of this stuff, for his own safety and/or well being. After all, the garage was packed to the rafters and the house was cluttered, according to the police report. What about when Georgia was ill-wouldnt that have been a great time to neaten everything up.

These folks were busy with their own lives I expect-their dogs, and themselves.

BUT, when they had the chance they took everything they could and left behind trash. It makes me sad and angry at the same time.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

A Hard Decision...

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Do you guys think it would be harder to be the killer of someone, or the person who finds out some of the information after the fact and chooses to circle the wagons?
    "snipped"
    You have hit a chord with me, believe09! I was with my father when he died. It was his time, he knew it, and he died knowing I was there and that I loved him. His face was so peaceful. IMO If someone killed Bob, even if it was an accident, they know in their heart that Bob was terrified...they know that it was not his time and that they had a part in taking his life. They know that they carried his limp body away. Since then they know they have rationalized and lied just to survive each passing day.

IMO Those that know what happened have "circled the wagons" because they are terrified for their futures. Perhaps they think it best to protect each other? My heart goes out to them. No matter what they have said or done since then has just been a cover up so they don't have to face reality.

They have no closure, no faith, no peace..... and it will be that way until the one who really realizes what has happened to their soul comes forward and tells the truth.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Teamer For This Useful Post:

Teamer, your last sentence cannot come true soon enough for me. Bob deserves at least that much.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Opie For This Useful Post:

Two more days until the pretrial hearing.
    ~JMO~

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

If we go by the timeline laid out in the LA Times article of Feb 2010, regarding what son-in-law did on Monday, July 27, 2009:

9:30AM – 2:40PM – 5 hours of home repairs / handyman services / “several different small repair projects” / odd jobs
    2:40PM – 3:30PM – Trip to Home Depot to get “supplies” and back to Bob’s house
    3:30PM – 6:00PM – 2-1/2 hours of home repairs / handyman services / "several different small repair projects" / odd jobs

According to daughter RB, son-in-law planned to return the next day to do more work, but since Bob still wasn't answering his phone, he didn't. (Ridiculous, but ok.)

With estimated 30 minutes for breaks, there would be a total of 7 hours of home repairs / handyman services / small repair projects / odd jobs allegedly completed by son-in-law on Monday, and his work wasn’t finished.

Below are examples of handyman services / odd jobs taken from a handyman website. I’d like to know what evidence there was of any work completed, and if so, in which areas of the interior or exterior of Bob’s house.

• Replace fixtures in bathroom or kitchen
    • Deck repair
    • Gutter cleaning
    • Painting
    • Changing light bulbs
    • Window repair
    • Patching drywall
    • Installing shelving and home storage system
    http://www.mrhandyman.com/handyman-services/our-services.aspx
    http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/3

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=cloudajo;6418404]I’d like to know what evidence there was of any work completed, and if so, in which areas of the interior or exterior of Bob’s house

<respectfully snipped>

Excellent question! I have another that begs answering...why not go back "dth" to finish the repairs/odd jobs with your wife who was going also to "change the sheets"? This is just absurd!
    Last edited by suzyq211; 05-01-2011 at 08:29 AM.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:

Why the last minute home repairs and did son-in-law ever step foot inside Bob's house again after Mon, July 27?

July, 2009

• Tues, July 7 - Fontelle returned to MO
    • Wed, July 15 - Daughter J, on her 32nd wedding anniversary, drives down the hill from R.S. to Bob's house (1 hr, 23 min drive, up to 3 hrs in traffic) to "help remove mom's personal stuff out of the house preparing for my dad's new bride to move in."
    • Sun, July 26 - Family meeting at Bob's house attended by daughter J and her husband J (Bob's son-in-law)
    • Mon, July 27 - Son-in-law drives down the hill from R.S. and arrives at Bob's house allegedly to do home repairs / odd jobs / small repair projects. Bob goes missing.
    • Tues, July 28 - Daugher J drives down the hill rom R.S. and arrives at Bob's house to change the linens and get the house ready for Bob and Fontelle. Son-in-law does not accompany her to finish his small repair projects because Bob wasn't answering the phone.
    • Wed, July 29 - Fontelle returns to Placentia/Bob's house.
    http://rimoftheworld.net/discuss/166/4013?page=4855
    http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/...display=1&df=1

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Cloudajo!

Ok, so we have 22 days between the time Fontelle left for MO to pack her belongings and her planned move to CA. Take two days, the 7th and 29th for travel days. That still leaves 20 days for Bob to prepare the home.

We know from daughter JuM's post on ROTW she went down the hill to help her father pack her mothers belongings on the 15th. Why didn't SIL JeM choose to accompany her the same day and begin those home repairs IF there were really home repairs needing to be completed? Also, with all the rift raft about Fontelle 'holding their mothers items' hostage, how are we to know Bob did not give them to daughter JuM on the 15th? Or perhaps some other time prior to Fontelles return?

20 full non travel days, and SIL JeM shows up at the 11th hour immediately following a heated family meeting to do home repairs he does not complete? Yet his wife returns the day following Bobs disappearance and he has no concerns over his wifes safety. Why? What reason did SIL JeM have to not worry about his wifes safety on the 28th when his FIL went missing the day before?

Why wouldn't SIL JeM come back down the hill on the 28th to complete those repairs if he had no reason to believe Bob would not be returning? After all he allegedly left uncompleted home repairs and planned to return, at least according to daughter RB, the following day to complete repairs. Whether Bob was answering the phone or not, his wife still had access to the home and was able to let herself in on the 28th for who knows what reason. His new MIL was expected to return the 29th and he left uncompleted home repairs for her?

Or was the hope that Bob was missing, and Fontelle would not show up? Was that the plan and the reason for the 'odd jobs' home repairs on the 27th?

20 days yet SIL shows up at the 11th hour and within hours of the heated family meeting and then poof Bob vanishes.

HMMMM

I too would like to know what home repairs were completed. And why they were needed. Where those home repairs actually needed prior to SIL JeM's arrival the 27th or where they a result of something that occured while SIL JeM was at Bobs home that morning?

Where there any witnesses who had been in the home prior to that day to verify yes, items A, B, and C.... where in fact in disrepair and needed to be replaced or repaired prior to SIL JeM's arrival on the 27th?
    Last edited by Cubby; 05-01-2011 at 01:00 PM.
    ~JMO~

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

The recent posts about alleged "home repairs," etc. certainly make it quite clear that what we have been told does not make sense at all. When it is all laid out like this, no reasonable person could believe a word of it. Poor Bob. Poor Fontelle.

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Opie For This Useful Post:

Whoops I see my quick math two posts above was inaccurate. There were actually 23 days including the two travel days, leaving 21 full non travel days for Bob to prepare his home in anticipation of his new brides arrival. Not that a single day makes a whole lot of difference- but for accuracy purposes from the time Fontelle left CA to the time she returned.....

Still...... a last minute heated family meeting - at Bobs home, last minute home repairs started but not completed. SiL JeM's lack of concern for his wifes safety returning to the home Bob disappeared from less than 24 hours previously. Knowledge of daughter JuM going dth to help remove her moms belongings from the home more than a week previously. The only receipt we know of from Home Depot to purchase items for said repairs time stamped 5 hours after SIL JeM's said time of arrival the morning of the 27th.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't know of any handyman needing 5 hours to look at what needs to be repaired prior to heading off to purchase supplies. Especially when said handyman was in the home less than 24 hours earlier.
    Last edited by Cubby; 05-01-2011 at 02:52 PM.
    ~JMO~

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Speaking of periods of time, let's not forget that Bob broke off contact with his daughters for six months shortly before he met Fontelle. One can only imagine what sorts of frustrations might lead to such a decision for a widowed octogenarian.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb...red3-2010feb03

Here's hoping that, in some way, today's hearing brings us one step closer to justice for Bob, Fontelle, and anyone who stands up for him.
    Last edited by Montjoy; 05-02-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: ETA link
    All JMO.

46. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Montjoy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast