CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jul/31/local/me-missing-groom31

Harrod is described as 5 feet 11 and 140 pounds. He has gray hair and is balding, and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing white pants and a white hat and a shirt of an unknown color.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call Loomis at (714) 993-8194 or Sgt. Scott Millsap at (714) 993-8168.

Bob is the missing person of the week at Charleyproject.org!!!

http://www.ocregister.com/news/harrod-276735-disappearance-reward.html

Published: Nov. 18, 2010 5:42 p.m.
By SEAN EMERY
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

PLACENTIA – A $50,000 reward has been offered for information about the disappearance of an 81-year-old Placentia man who has been missing for more than a year, police said.

Bob Harrod was last seen July 27, 2009, days before he was to reunite with his wife, a childhood sweetheart he had rekindled a romance with and married in the months leading up to his disappearance.

Please continue here.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0115715a8189970c-250wi

Bob Harrod has been missing since July 27, 2009.
He was last seen at his residence by his son in law sometime after 10:00 am the morning of July 27.

Bobs disappearance is being investigated as a homicide and a 50,000 dollar reward is being offered for information about his disappearance.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about Harrod's disappearance to contact detective Dave Radomski at 714-993-8176, or contact the homicide hotline at 714-993-8166.

Bobs Charley Project page:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...od_robert.html

Bobs NamUs page:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2706/0/

Links to previous threads:

Timeline and Media links only

Forensic Astrology - ROBERT HARROD LastSeen 7/27/09 Placentia, CA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Links to individual posts containing court documents:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

Referring to posts in last thread: I've noticed that other "places" seem to get updated or pages deleted soon after they are mentioned here. Just something I find interesting.

Referring to posts in last thread: I've noticed that other "places" seem to get updated or pages deleted soon after they are mentioned here. Just something I find interesting.

Yep! So true!

Yes, and if it weren't for the reminders from WS who knows what might remind them about following through (even with the superficial efforts) to find their dad.

IIRC they are all retired or disabled? I'm wondering what exactly is taking all of their free time now that no one is employeed. Most of the civil court issues are behind them - so when do they get to the business of searching for Bob? Organizing vigils, papering the area etc. etc. It sure would be nice if they would put in 1/10th of the effort total strangers are for Bob. After all he was their father......

JMO

Did I miss an update to the disgusting MySpace page?

Twenty one months.
Robert Harrod has been missing.
Twenty one months.
No vigils. No anniversary media contact.

Twenty one months.

Bumping for Mr. Harrod. The hearing is coming up soon, should be interesting.

Last I looked it was taken down.

Well I am glad we have the screen shots of them. Not just the MySpace but the rest.

Next land mark in this case is Monday, unless something happens today or over the weekend.

Fingers crossed Bob...we are praying for you and yours!

Do you guys think it would be harder to be the killer of someone, or the person who finds out some of the information after the fact and chooses to circle the wagons?

I have been pondering this question...I wonder which would eat away at you the most?

I suppose if you had incredible distaste for the person who is dead, it wouldnt bother you under either circumstance.

Ah well. I was going back through the threads, and the image that keeps resonating with me is the dismantling of the house. Bob's house. And all of his things being collected and gone through. I wonder if anyone would have dared treat his possessions like that before he disappeared? I mean, do you think any of his children or his grandchild (the one who changed his name to Bob's) would have told Bob that they thought he needed to get rid of some of this stuff, for his own safety and/or well being. After all, the garage was packed to the rafters and the house was cluttered, according to the police report. What about when Georgia was ill-wouldnt that have been a great time to neaten everything up.

These folks were busy with their own lives I expect-their dogs, and themselves.

BUT, when they had the chance they took everything they could and left behind trash. It makes me sad and angry at the same time.

Do you guys think it would be harder to be the killer of someone, or the person who finds out some of the information after the fact and chooses to circle the wagons?
"snipped"

You have hit a chord with me, believe09! I was with my father when he died. It was his time, he knew it, and he died knowing I was there and that I loved him. His face was so peaceful. IMO If someone killed Bob, even if it was an accident, they know in their heart that Bob was terrified...they know that it was not his time and that they had a part in taking his life. They know that they carried his limp body away. Since then they know they have rationalized and lied just to survive each passing day.

IMO Those that know what happened have "circled the wagons" because they are terrified for their futures. Perhaps they think it best to protect each other? My heart goes out to them. No matter what they have said or done since then has just been a cover up so they don't have to face reality.

They have no closure, no faith, no peace..... and it will be that way until the one who really realizes what has happened to their soul comes forward and tells the truth.

Teamer, your last sentence cannot come true soon enough for me. Bob deserves at least that much.

:bump:

Two more days until the pretrial hearing.

If we go by the timeline laid out in the LA Times article of Feb 2010, regarding what son-in-law did on Monday, July 27, 2009:

9:30AM – 2:40PM – 5 hours of home repairs / handyman services / “several different small repair projects” / odd jobs
2:40PM – 3:30PM – Trip to Home Depot to get “supplies” and back to Bob’s house
3:30PM – 6:00PM – 2-1/2 hours of home repairs / handyman services / "several different small repair projects" / odd jobs

According to daughter RB, son-in-law planned to return the next day to do more work, but since Bob still wasn't answering his phone, he didn't. (Ridiculous, but ok.)

With estimated 30 minutes for breaks, there would be a total of 7 hours of home repairs / handyman services / small repair projects / odd jobs allegedly completed by son-in-law on Monday, and his work wasn’t finished.

Below are examples of handyman services / odd jobs taken from a handyman website. I’d like to know what evidence there was of any work completed, and if so, in which areas of the interior or exterior of Bob’s house.

• Replace fixtures in bathroom or kitchen
  • Deck repair
  • Gutter cleaning
  • Painting
  • Changing light bulbs
  • Window repair
  • Patching drywall
  • Installing shelving and home storage system
http://www.mrhandyman.com/handyman-services/our-services.aspx
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/02/local/la-me-disappeared3-2010feb03/3

I’d like to know what evidence there was of any work completed, and if so, in which areas of the interior or exterior of Bob’s house

<respectfully snipped>

Excellent question! I have another that begs answering...why not go back "dth" to finish the repairs/odd jobs with your wife who was going also to "change the sheets"? This is just absurd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni