1169 users online (222 members and 947 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

April 26th, 2011 Dunn relative taking action over Facebook

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=364387

Since it's now in MSM i figured it's ok to post here. I just saw it...

"Several people have posted profane comments about Patricia Trichel and the Dunn family on public Facebook pages."

Baloney!! It seems they can dish it out but they can't take it.

~jmo~

This is in MSM and you can discuss it in general.

But anything you read on FB you still need to discuss in the Parking Lot. We are not bringing that drama to the forum.

Last I looked the Parking Lot was locked. Is it open again and I cannot find it?

And Big Country is MSM? So, comments allowed?

Just trying to behave.

Good luck with that case! Slander is hard to prove, first she has to establish that her reputation was perfect and great before the comments were made, then she has to prove that she has suffered a loss as a result of those comments. Just having your feelings hurt by what someone says about you is not a case for slander. Otherwise what use would we have for the 1st Amendment?

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
    Last I looked the Parking Lot was locked. Is it open again and I cannot find it?

And Big Country is MSM? So, comments allowed?

Just trying to behave.
    Try this link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=133155&page=8

Poor Hailey, your still missing and look at the way all of the people in your life are acting, no wonder you had no one to turn to, before you went missing, you're probably the most mature one in the whole bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by ljczec View Post
    Good luck with that case! Slander is hard to prove, first she has to establish that her reputation was perfect and great before the comments were made, then she has to prove that she has suffered a loss as a result of those comments. Just having your feelings hurt by what someone says about you is not a case for slander. Otherwise what use would we have for the 1st Amendment?
    She doesn't need to establish that her reputation "was perfect and great before the comments were made". If the allegations were false and she suffered damage, she would be entitled to restitution. The person making the allegation would have to prove that what they were claiming was true. The 1st amendment allows you to express an opinion, it does not allow you to make a false allegation with impunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    She doesn't need to establish that her reputation "was perfect and great before the comments were made". If the allegations were false and she suffered damage, she would be entitled to restitution. The person making the allegation would have to prove that what they were claiming was true. The 1st amendment allows you to express an opinion, it does not allow you to make a false allegation with impunity.
    Does that go for Desiree Young and Terri Horman, I wonder, in the event that someone unrelated is eventually charged with Kyron's abduction and/or murder? I am not sure who the burden of proof falls on...the accuser or the accused.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    http://www.texas-opinions.com/law-de...l-slander.html

What would PT claim as damages I wonder?
    Last edited by Knox; 04-28-2011 at 05:09 PM.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

I do not believe she would be entitled to anything given that she is not without fault. Other stuff might even be true, and it is hard to say if the stuff stated on facebook was posted as speculation or not as well as alot of stuff was stated as speculation.
    None of it has damaged her income or harmed her in any lasting way. If anything her choices have lead to some opinion. IMO.
    The only really awful thing posted I saw was later retracted and the author admitted he didnt know if the rumor was true. I really dont think she has a case anywhere.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    I think she wanted some type of reaction and she got that with WOTS being taken down. I still think there should have been other polys given...I'd almost bet that info could be gleaned from them.

Hope all things calm down now with the exception of finding Hailey and her case going forward.

PT is the "mother" of Naomi, who is the "girlfriend" of CD, who is the "father" of Hailey.

I don't mean to be ugly ... but she is NOT even a "blood relative" of Hailey.

From what I remember, PT was running around calling herself Hailey's GM.

So what type of "damages" has PT suffered ?
    What type of "job" did she have ?

It appears to me, she is looking for $$$$$.

Shouldn't PT (the rest of that bunch), be MORE concerned about the FACT that Hailey is still missing !!

Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post

PT is the "mother" of Naomi, who is the "girlfriend" of CD, who is the "father" of Hailey.

Shouldn't PT (the rest of that bunch), be MORE concerned about the FACT that Hailey is still missing !!
    And apparently knows how to use a lawsuit to get it ... Makes me sick to my stomach.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post

Exactly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast