GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #7

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

ALSO, please remember that Williams' wife is considered a victim in this case and is not really open to sleuthing. We are allowing this discussion to continue because of the financial assets and how it will impact the victims that are suing.

There should be no sleuthing of the wife outside that context. Please stay on topic and be respectful of the wife. She is not the monster in this case.

Thanks,

Salem

Thread 6
Thread 5
Thread 4
Thread 3
Thread 2
Thread 1

Please read this post and add your thanks, before posting in this new thread.

Please continue here.

ALSO, please remember that Williams' wife is considered a victim in this case and is not really open to sleuthing. We are allowing this discussion to continue because of the financial assets and how it will impact the victims that are suing.

There should be no sleuthing of the wife outside that context. Please stay on topic and be respectful of the wife. She is not the monster in this case.

Thanks,

Salem

Please read this post and add your thanks, before posting in this new thread.

Thanks, Salem.

The books are still open.

Williams probe continues, no findings revealed

By Luke Hendry

"We're still sifting through evidence that we seized from him," Nicholas said, though he would not say whether Williams is suspected in any further cases.

"We've got lots of calls from other police services and other people who think they may have been victimized. We look into those things."

He also would not comment on whether Williams was co-operating with police.

Nicholas said four staff are assigned to the case. They include OPP East Region detectives and officers of the region's Rapid Response Unit, which was involved in the initial investigation into Williams.

"The evidence was so graphic that we're just keeping that unit working with any ongoing investigation," Nicholas said.

"They're kind of the keepers of the information and they'll work with any of these cold-case units that call in with information specifically on Russ Williams."

Nicholas said he couldn't estimate when the investigation would end.

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3098078

The link Wondergirl provided, no longer seems available..

Williams kept meticulous, detailed notes about all of his activities starting with breaking into the neighbour cabin and ending with the murder of JL. There is an escalation from stealing underwear, to photographing, then spending longer times in the victim's homes, then break in and sexual assault, and finally murder. He was a serial murderer embarking on something that could have been as difficult to solve as the Green River killer. I would be very surprised if he was related to unsolved crimes prior to 2007.

The link Wondergirl provided, no longer seems available..

it's back up now as I just clicked on it. There really is nothing extra in the article than what was posted above. I think down the road we will hear other cases that RW committed as I believe it was only in 2007 that he started his journal when he decided to get cocky...

it's back up now as I just clicked on it. There really is nothing extra in the article than what was posted above. I think down the road we will hear other cases that RW committed as I believe it was only in 2007 that he started his journal when he decided to get cocky...

In T. Appleby's book, he mentions other unsolved crimes and the fact that there is no evidence to connect RW to any of those crimes. I'd be very surprised if we ever hear about any other criminal activity that involved RW. JMO

What sort of crimes do you think he might have committed before his first documented underwear theft?

Regarding the assets of MEH, we have a situation where a member of her family has committed horrible crimes. His victims want compensation, and she is included in their lawsuit. If this lawsuit is successful, it could set a very dangerous precedent such that families of adult criminals are placed in financial ruin because of the crimes committed by family members.

I think MEH should set up a foundation for victims of violent, sado-sexual crimes, like those of Russell Williams, and give $30k/annually to that fund on behalf of her husband's pension. That seems like the civilized way to resolve it. That money could be distributed according to the discretion of those involved with the lawsuit.

Canadian interrogators using gentler approach to draw confessions from killers

At a time when Hollywood has conditioned people to think that interrogations are all about cops getting into suspects' faces and shouting accusations, it appears Canadian investigators may be moving toward a gentler, less intimidating and more rational approach to suspect interviews, says a Canadian expert.

Read more: http://www.canada.com/news/Canadian...from+killers/4678346/story.html#ixzz1KpEn9Ggz

Read more: http://www.canada.com/news/Canadian...from+killers/4678346/story.html#ixzz1KpDw0YAl

Does anyone know the statue of limitations on being charged with an offense in Canada?

What sort of crimes do you think he might have committed before his first documented underwear theft?

I think that RW would have stalked and peeped on women before breaking in to homes. Whether the women knew or not and reported it to LE, who knows? He may have also taken photos and then destroyed them in the beginning (like burning the clothes) but then wanted keepsakes in later crimes. JMO

I think that RW would have stalked and peeped on women before breaking in to homes. Whether the women knew or not and reported it to LE, who knows? He may have also taken photos and then destroyed them in the beginning (like burning the clothes) but then wanted keepsakes in later crimes. JMO

Crimes, like peeping, from 4-5 years ago would be very low priority, and I don't think it would be possible to connect Williams to something like that anymore - unless he wrote about it.

Does anyone know the statue of limitations on being charged with an offense in Canada?

It depends on the offence you are being charged with - there is not statute of limitations on murder for instance.

It might mean that one of the victims, perhaps the one that already spoke during one of the 48 Hour or Dateline programs, has been paid to give an exclusive interview.

Personally, I think that MEH and the other victims have made the best choice in terms of healing from intersecting lives with Russell Williams. I don't see that anything can be gained by any of the victims having their experience exploited by the media, and I don't think the public needs any more information.

Is McLean's magazine going to sensationalize the ex-Colonel? Is the magazine advocating that all murderers be exempt from receiving pension and social benefits? What's the take on this? Is the article going to imply that 2 victims murdered and 2 victims assaulted is four too many, or will the author recognize that serial killers are hard to catch and it was remarkable that he was caught so quickly.

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3103681
Intelligencer team finalist for award
ONTARIO NEWSPAPER AWARDS: Coverage of Williams case earns nod
By Intelligencer Staff
Posted 1 day ago
Members of The Intelligencer's news team "never missed a beat" while providing coverage of the Russell Williams case says a judge for the Ontario Newspaper Awards.

from Wondergirl's post at:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GUILTY Russell Williams, 82 add'l charges - PLEADS GUILTY #5 & stripped of Mil.Rank

I really don't know what the law says with regards to a contract such as the one MEH and RW put together, and I don't really know how the plaintiff will prove there was some sort of underhanded transferring.
<snip>

If any term of a contract is in violation of law, the law takes precedence. I believe the entire contract becomes null and void (will double-check ... could just be the term that is in violation, but i'm pretty sure the entire contract becomes invalid).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back