SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here!

missing%20mother--1502086687_v2.grid-4x2.jpg

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42762856/ns/us_news-life/

Krista Dittmeyer, 20, of Portland, Maine, has been considered a missing person since her black Nissan Sentra was found early Saturday morning in a New Hampshire recreational facility parking lot. The car was idling with flashers on and the baby inside, police said.

PREVIOUS THREADS

*We do NOT bring rumors here from Facebook, Twitter, Topix, blogs, etc. If it cannot be verified by MSM, it is a rumor and not allowed here.

*We do NOT sleuth Krista's Facebook/MySpace friends unless they are named in MSM. Nor do we sleuth anyone else who is not named in MSM.

*Being "not cleared" is NOT the same thing as being a suspect/POI.

Please refresh on the rules here: Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

From Fox News an hour ago: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/2...g-maine-mom-krista-dittmeyer/?test=latestnews

Not really any new info except this:

Investigators canceled a Wednesday afternoon press conference on Dittmeyer and referred all inquiries to the Attorney General's Office. Assistant Attorney General Jane Young, one of the office's homicide prosecutors, is in charge of the investigation.

Young told FoxNews.com Wednesday she had "no comment" on whether the case was now a homicide investigation or if Dittmeyer's body had been found.

From the previous thread it said a dive team was being brought in. I wonder if that is to help with removal of the body or is it to search for evidence?

Law enforcement believe Dittmeyer is a crime victim. Shackley said no one has a “vendetta” against her daughter.

“I’ve asked all her friends,” she said. “They don’t know who would want to do something to hurt her.”
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re..._car_of_missing_woman/srvc=home&position=also

I wonder how this relates to the mother of a friend who said that her car was broken into and that she was frightened of someone?

LOL the article also says that LE said that the baby Daddy wasn't a suspect. However that isn't what I heard.

I've been following this on the national news site, and last night Nancy Grace covered this case. I haven't watched NG in months, but tuned in yesterday thinking she might be discussing the Casey Anthony trial as the judge made rulings yesterday.

The one thing I keep thinking about is that someone wanted to make sure the baby was found quickly by leaving the engine running and the hazard lights on. That's something a concerned mother would do if she had a chance to do it.

I saw on Fox News today that LE was draining a nearby pond that's used for snow-making for the ski resort. I hope they don't find her body and Krista is safe, but the circumstances suggest that she's been harmed.

I've been following this on the national news site, and last night Nancy Grace covered this case. I haven't watched NG in months, but tuned in yesterday thinking she might be discussing the Casey Anthony trial as the judge made rulings yesterday.

The one thing I keep thinking about is that someone wanted to make sure the baby was found quickly by leaving the engine running and the hazard lights on. That's something a concerned mother would do if she had a chance to do it.

I saw on Fox News today that LE was draining a nearby pond that's used for snow-making for the ski resort. I hope they don't find her body and Krista is safe, but the circumstances suggest that she's been harmed.

Leila current rumors suggest that a body may have been found in that pond. But nothing has been confirmed as yet.

And now we have this

That was published at 4:05 pm today. So are they backing off?
sounds like the media got spanked and sent to their rooms...

they handed the case over to the senior assistant DA and cancelled the presser so something is going on..

they sure didn't handle the last pond search (draining of the murky pond) in this fashion...

moo

(((:)seeya: good to see you mysteriew!))))

I probably have an unpopular opinion as usual... (so no need to yell at me) but I hope that if Krista has been murdered... nobody is charged with kidnapping, or neglect in relation to Baby A.

If Krista is really in the water it would have been so easy for them to simply toss in a child. There wouldn't have been any need to even kill the child.

They didn't do that, even with water that close to the car. As sick as it sounds, I am very grateful for that. We have seen more than once the baby also murdered or left in much more unsafe circumstances.

They could have even just left Baby A wandering around that parking lot instead of safely in the car...

Ginger Hayes was carjacked while changing her 11 month old son's diaper in a parking lot.

Ginger was raped, strangled and brutally beaten with a tire rim. She was left in a field to die. The carjacker stole her rental car and could have easily kept her son in it, dropped him off somewhere populated.... but he didn't.

Instead he left Ginger's 11 month old baby alive in the field with his dead mother.

A dog being walked led his owner to the baby several hours later, the owner then saw Ginger. He called police about the two bodies he had found.

When LE arrived they confirmed Ginger was dead. They obviously were heartbroken as they approached at the sight of her 11 month old baby laying face down in the dirt.

Then he lifted his head.

He nearly died from the sunburns alone and wouldn't have survived another day out there.

Article about Ginger's family and her son:

http://articles.dailypress.com/2004-03-21/news/0403210116_1_hayes-mind-monsters-ginger-hayes

Facts of the case start in the second paragraph:

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/nc-court-of-appeals/1045205.html

If someone leaves a baby in a car, where they can be found, even if they did kill that child's mother... I don't want them punished for neglecting or kidnapping that child. Unless they harmed the child, or that is the only thing you have to charge them with while you build a case for murder... you can always drop that later when you upgrade the charges.

As merciful as I believe it was to spare the child's life, there was no guarantee that someone was ever going to stop and find that child. While it's commendable that IF Krista is dead, the perp didn't kill the baby, too, I'm expecting it was more for selfish reasons of not having it in them to kill the baby. I mean, yes, that benefits the child, but if you would kill the child's mother and leave them parent-less, particularly if you planned it (we don't know this yet), your best interest is not with that child, maybe you just didn't know WHAT to do with the child. In my opinion, that doesn't win you any points for chivalry.

The fact is that the baby was not in a safe place being cared for. The baby was left in the car to meet any number of fates with the temperatures dropping that day and the possibility that the car could have run out of gas before someone stopped for the car. What if another sicko (as sick as someone who would kill a young mother) came across the baby?

They did harm the child. They left her on the side of the road for HOURS without any food, water or responsible adult present. They presumably KILLED her mother.

I hope you don't think I'm "yelling" at you because I'm not, but I can't get on that thankful bench with you just yet.

LOL MsFacetious, no one is gonna yell at ya!

And actually I understand your point of view. At least to some extent. Baby wasn't harmed, baby was good fortunately.

And as we don't know how baby and Mom happened to be in that area at that time, we don't know if kidnapping was even a possibility.

But there is no doubt baby was endangered. It was below zero there that night. What if the car stalled? What if there was a carbon monoxide leak? What if one of the local pedos stopped by? It wasn't a well traveled area. What if no one bothered to stop and check on the car? Yeah, some of those what ifs are unlikely, but they are still possible. And there are so many what ifs, too many. I consider that the child was found safely to be very fortunate, not a reason for mitigation.

the article also says that LE said that the baby Daddy wasn't a suspect. However that isn't what I heard.

Obviously dad himself isn't a suspect because he's sitting in jail, but who's to say he didn't arrange for the disappearance? There's been no evidence put out there by LE on that either way, but I'm sure they've worked or will be working that angle as well.

Mysteriew, I agree that it's just a lucky accident that the child was found before something else happened.

The area near the pond is heavily wooded and a wide swath of it remains roped off. Employees in the immediate area were sent home from work, and others arrived there with a feeling of dread.

"It's sad. It’s unbelievable. It's too close to home,” said Kathy Kinnarney, concerned resident.

But until officials confirm they have found a body or identify it, the media keeps its eye trained on the crime scene and police details keep everyone out.

A police briefing at 3 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon was cancelled. 7NEWS was told that no briefing has been set since.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/...ice-search-pond-near-where-woman-s-car-found/

also says pond they are searching is "duck pond" the one that was mentioned in the first presser fwiw also... this article says the "find" was made several hundred yards from the car

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back