Defense wants gas reciept block from trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the hearing last week.
Defense said they needed to see WCSO procedure to see if followed.
I think they just went around to every gas station that stretch and showed the JY photo and asked if they remembered a cash gas purchase around that time-frame by this individual. The defense will say this was suggestive and did not follow protocol.

This was the only pre-trial motion to suppress evidence.
Compared to Kurtz for Brad Cooper, this defense is almost conceding defeat.
I doubt they will even offer a defense.....just try to bang away at a few holes in the state's case through cross.

The lead prosecutor is Becky Holt....Ace ADA.
It was also announced in court the trial should last 3 weeks.
No wasted time this time around....The Cooper trial has been a 3 ring circus.

I can't wait for this trial. I live about 30 mins from Raleigh and depending on my work scheduleI'm gonna try and make it as many days as possible. Thanks for the info.

The supression hearing and JY' official plea is May 19

Can't wait to get this show on the road!! I'm not at all surprised that the defense wanted this evidence thrown out. But to tell you the truth, I don't think it will make or break this case. I imagine it won't hold as much weight in court or for a juror as other evidence.

I think they just went around to every gas station that stretch and showed the JY photo and asked if they remembered a cash gas purchase around that time-frame by this individual. The defense will say this was suggestive and did not follow protocol.

I doubt they will even offer a defense.....just try to bang away at a few holes in the state's case through cross.

If the defense is not going to present evidence, what would be their defensive argument? 2nd Degree would be folly, IMO, but it could be argued, I guess. Have we heard? Or did he just not do it?

They'll have the last argument, but what will they say? (I hope they don't bring up a van of right-footed marauders who don't care for jewelry....)
icon10.gif

Hi RPD!

Sounds to me like it was very good police work. Going to all those gas stations? Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
What would be the protocol? To take a number of photos like a police line-up and see who the witness picks? That doesn't even make sense (to me).

From what I've read, this Defense team is much better than what Cooper received. They may just chip away on cross to make their case but there's all that blood evidence which they may have their own expert for.

From 3 week time estimate, though, it doesn't sound like it will be much of a defense if they do put on one.

No cameras at the supression hearing today.
However, I feel sure they will photograph the arraignment that proceeds the hearing.
I will be in the courtroom and try to post some quick notes live.

No cameras at the supression hearing today.
However, I feel sure they will photograph the arraignment that proceeds the hearing.
I will be in the courtroom and try to post some quick notes live.

WRAL is saying they will broadcast the arraignment live on their website at 2:30. Thanks in advance for any notes you can provide us from the suppression hearing!

Update:
"Chicken salad sandwich upstairs is not any good."
"The lady from Dateline is going to come back"

Jason walked in with a bad haircut.
His mama has 3 bodyguards with her.

Motion to sequester all law enforcement that worked on the case? Who will keep us safe?

Really? Don't show the photographs if they are "overdone"? Sorry -the scene is the scene - and if it's nasty and will make people gasp, so be it.

I know they have to ask - but really....

Been going through some trial withdrawl....

How long have investigators had this evidence? It seems to me that if they had this evidence, along with the video footage in the hotel, the evidence at the crime scene and all the rest of the circumstantial evidence (girlfriends and bad behaviors) early on, shouldn't charges have been filed long before they were? Or did this receipt surface a year or more after the murder?

Jy cursed the clerk and thew $20 on the counter...pumped $15 and did not get change...drove around back and off. Clerk said he was driving white suv. 4 Brothers convience store was the location right off 52 in kIng NC. Clerk was 90% sure it was jy

Recess till 5 15 to see if gracie bailey can testify tomorrow as to whether she can id JY in court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni