1578 users online (364 members and 1214 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MI - Police: Man Purposely Ran Over Ducklings In Ann Arbor

coward!!!!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/27680318/detail.html
    Police said Dillon Pearce

Pearce then drove around the parking lot and ran over the ducklings on purpose, killing four infant birds, police said.

Pearce faces a felony charge and up to four years in prison if convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    coward!!!!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/27680318/detail.html
    Police said Dillon Pearce

Pearce then drove around the parking lot and ran over the ducklings on purpose, killing four infant birds, police said.

Pearce faces a felony charge and up to four years in prison if convicted.
    I hope that every single flipping day of that four years Big Bubba runs over him!

From the link in the OP:
    "Animal abusers are bullies and cowards who victimize the defenseless," PETA said. "The FBI flags these crimes because they know that abusers often graduate to harming children and the elderly <snip>"

BBM. Exactly what I was thinking before reading the article and precisely why I hope the POS gets the full 4 years.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

agreed... max time with bubba, that is just gross.

btw
    i work with teens, some of whom have violence in past against small animals and or humans. last yr they saved a hurt wild goose and we got it to a safe farm for the rest of its natural life when goose rescuers said it had to be put down. this year we have a pair of wild geese with 5 little chicks. they are careful and observing things some of them have never seen. they are protecting them from the predatory birds and animals around the area. this is an awesome accomplishment for kids the system gave this one last chance to. i am so glad these "bad" kids will ever do a crime against a defenseless animal like this (donkey) did.

Unlike others here I am horrified by what he did to those small helpless animals! I couldn't care less about "possible escalation that could involve human victims", I care that this mean spirited little freak gets punished for his act of cruelty towards ANIMALS and hope he carries a record of this event around with him for the rest of his life. I hope future employers will find out about it and realize what kind of little beast this guy really is.

Silversurvivor I would gently suggest that you not see people through rose colored glasses. Just because animal abusers decide to act like they have empathy for specific animals, quite possibly due to peer pressure and such, that does not mean they have developed real empathy and won't abuse other animals (or people) in the future. Even the most depraved rapists and murders are capable of showing, and sometimes actually feeling, empathy towards certain individuals under certain situations however it does NOT change their basic hard wired nature or future behaviors in all situations.
    Last edited by Sonya610; 04-28-2011 at 08:46 AM.

How frightening, how evil and hateful he must be to deliberately run over baby ducks.....ya can't get much cuter than baby ducks! I hope he gets the whole 4 years too. Doubt it though when child molesters often don't.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Just illustrates what I tell my teens. Yes there are bogeymen. They look just like me and you and they can be male or female. But they are out there.

Nasty piece of work this guy.

omg! i hope he gets convicted!

why on earth would anyone want to hurt baby ducklings? just google ducklings and look at them. they are adorable. i feel sorry for the mama duck, i am sure she is heartbroken

Quote Originally Posted by blue_the_puppy View Post
    why on earth would anyone want to hurt baby ducklings?
    It wasn't about hurting the baby ducks, it was about hurting the McDonald's employees that asked them not to chase and harrass the baby ducks. What better way to show a fast food employee they had best not mess with a spoiled rich brat (who's daddy bought him a hummer) than to run over the very little animals they were concerned about!

And yes I think the mother is probably upset, I worked at an office complex years ago that had a Canadian Geese pair that nested every year in the fountain then raised their babies in the lake. The office peoples loved it, we could watch them grow up in the lake right outside our windows. Talk about a MONOGAMOUS species! And so very very devoted to their offspring (plus their daughters come back every year to raise families at that lake, and the family units raised the babies/grandbabies all together protecting them all equally).

One year heavy raines caused a culvert thingy to dump water and suddenly a whole batch of 3 day old goslings were lost. The whole clan, mama bird and papa bird and the daughter with her own babies (older and survived) were frantic and freaked out for 3 solid days, calling and searching everywhere all spread out instead of in their usual tight little group. It was extremely distressing for them as protecting and nurturing their "own" is paramount. Many humans could learn a thing or two from Canadian Geese.

I wonder if Daddy is gonna hire the best lawyers to protect his precious little brat's future and beat this? A 19 year old driving a Hummer is just wrong in so many ways.
    Last edited by Sonya610; 04-28-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Silversurvivor I would gently suggest that you not see people through rose colored glasses. Just because animal abusers decide to act like they have empathy for specific animals, quite possibly due to peer pressure and such, that does not mean they have developed real empathy and won't abuse other animals (or people) in the future. Even the most depraved rapists and murders are capable of showing, and sometimes actually feeling, empathy towards certain individuals under certain situations however it does NOT change their basic hard wired nature or future behaviors in all situations.
    at the risk of seeming rude, i do not see anything thru rose colored glasses, actually quite the opposite. i have worked for 11+ yrs with the " worst of high school and the best of prison" where i see and hear things on a daily basis that would and do horrify normal people. things i have survived in my personal life are also horrifying, ... i understand that most criminals can have a "soft spot" and still continue with the awful things they do, even joel rifkin.
    i simply hope that i can reach 1 teen out of 100 a yr. with anything that might make a difference at some point in their future or a future victim's life. that is the only way i can get up out of bed each day. its called survival.

I HAVE 0 PATIENCE FOR PEOPLE LIKE THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!

Something just goes through me when innocent animals are killed by idiots. This man is both a huge coward & an even bigger jerk.
    “The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”~Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by silversurvivor View Post
    i simply hope that i can reach 1 teen out of 100 a yr. with anything that might make a difference at some point in their future or a future victim's life. that is the only way i can get up out of bed each day. its called survival.
    Okay. Wish survival meant happiness, or sacrifice followed by a whole lot of fulfillment. Guess that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    It wasn't about hurting the baby ducks, it was about hurting the McDonald's employees that asked them not to chase and harrass the baby ducks. What better way to show a fast food employee they had best not mess with a spoiled rich brat (who's daddy bought him a hummer) than to run over the very little animals they were concerned about!

And yes I think the mother is probably upset, I worked at an office complex years ago that had a Canadian Geese pair that nested every year in the fountain then raised their babies in the lake. The office peoples loved it, we could watch them grow up in the lake right outside our windows. Talk about a MONOGAMOUS species! And so very very devoted to their offspring (plus their daughters come back every year to raise families at that lake, and the family units raised the babies/grandbabies all together protecting them all equally).

One year heavy raines caused a culvert thingy to dump water and suddenly a whole batch of 3 day old goslings were lost. The whole clan, mama bird and papa bird and the daughter with her own babies (older and survived) were frantic and freaked out for 3 solid days, calling and searching everywhere all spread out instead of in their usual tight little group. It was extremely distressing for them as protecting and nurturing their "own" is paramount. Many humans could learn a thing or two from Canadian Geese.

I wonder if Daddy is gonna hire the best lawyers to protect his precious little brat's future and beat this? A 19 year old driving a Hummer is just wrong in so many ways.
    Bolded by me.

With regard to the bolded part: Yes, that is true he did want to hurt the MacDonald's people and show them "who's boss," but he didn't care if he killed little animals to do so! So it is about killing baby ducks. If he just slammed into someone's car it might be a little different, but he's taking lives...What a major bully with a Hummer to prove it.

And p.s. How can they call him a "man" ? Unless that means he's old enough to be tried as an adult. He's not a man.

What a horrible thing to do! I am in animal rescue and we see so much cruelty done by people to animals. I don't know how people can be so cold and uncaring. I hope this guy spends the whole 4 years in prison. Ann Arbor is usually a nice and peaceful college town. It doesn't need guys like this around.

Quote Originally Posted by silversurvivor View Post
    at the risk of seeming rude, i do not see anything thru rose colored glasses, actually quite the opposite. i have worked for 11+ yrs with the " worst of high school and the best of prison" where i see and hear things on a daily basis that would and do horrify normal people. things i have survived in my personal life are also horrifying, ... i understand that most criminals can have a "soft spot" and still continue with the awful things they do, even joel rifkin.
    I gotta give it up to you. I have friends that are counselors & social workers who work with at risk youth/folks with severe mental illness.

It takes a special person to see through the trauma that these folks bring to those close to them.

Yes, innocent animals/birds/anything vulnerable are a typical target for at risk kids to take their anger out on.

It is such a huge shame with what goes on in society. Sonya is so right in saying that humans could learn a thing or two about Canadian geese. They are marvelous.
    “The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”~Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast