Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

I just watched the HT video. she is absolutely not wearing the necklace.

but.... it doesn't matter.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yeknomaras For This Useful Post:

Does anyone remember when the first discussions of the necklace began in this case? Was it before or after BC was taken into custody? Was it in the news in '08?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunshine05 For This Useful Post:

If the note the jury sent the judge today is any indication, they don't want to hear anymore about ducks, sticks or necklaces.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 3doglady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
    Does anyone remember when the first discussions of the necklace began in this case? Was it before or after BC was taken into custody? Was it in the news in '08?
    I'll try to find some links, but it was definitely before BC was taken into custody. I remember thinking at the time "This guy is a piece of work. Kills his wife, but then keeps the necklace so he can sell it".

Obviously my view had changed since then...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RaleighNative For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 3doglady View Post
    If the note the jury sent the judge today is any indication, they don't want to hear anymore about ducks, sticks or necklaces.
    as well the defense indicated the case was within a day or two completion for their part, leaving only rebuttal and any possible time for this new router evidence if it comes in. closing arguments and then it is to the jury. not much longer.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gritguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yeknomaras View Post
    I just watched the HT video. she is absolutely not wearing the necklace.

but.... it doesn't matter.
    I agree, despite what friends said, I never put much in the fact she wasn't wearing the necklace when she was found.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighNative View Post
    I'll try to find some links, but it was definitely before BC was taken into custody. I remember thinking at the time "This guy is a piece of work. Kills his wife, but then keeps the necklace so he can sell it".

Obviously my view had changed since then...
    If it was discussed in the news before he was taken into custody, the fact that he didn't throw the necklace in the lake is more evidence of his innocence. He would have to know it would incriminate him. I wonder if he didn't even know it was there since it was with her other jewelry.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunshine05 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine05 View Post
    If it was discussed in the news before he was taken into custody, the fact that he didn't throw the necklace in the lake is more evidence of his innocence. He would have to know it would incriminate him. I wonder if he didn't even know it was there since it was with her other jewelry.
    The theory that he kept the necklace so he could sell it was one of the ideas floated on here.

I thought it was nonsense then too.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

[ATTACH]Attachment 14846[/ATTACH]

Otto,

I think this is where some posters see the necklace(someone correct me if I'm wrong). In the first photo there is a faint dark line leaning to the right side of NC which would work since you can tell by her shoulder she is leaning that way. Sorry for my poor drawing skills in the second picture. Hope this helps.
    Since she's looking in a different direction in each of the photos, I used the shoulders as a reference point. I don't see a necklace where the circle is, or anywhere else.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Since she's looking in a different direction in each of the photos, I used the shoulders as a reference point. I don't see a necklace where the circle is, or anywhere else.

We need a photography forensic analyst to come here and break down the pixels for us. That way they can tell us that pixel 999845, 999846, 999764 and 984634 are positive RGB, therefore must be the necklace.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kljohnson0458 View Post
    Eye_believe can probably tell you. He seemed to be so totally enthralled in her autopsy. Why?
    It is another one of the pieces of CE on my "other" list and I am wondering if it's been squashed or is on the list to be squashed.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to johnfear For This Useful Post:

Unhappy Victim statement

I 'm holding a space here for<modsnip>, the innocent children in all of this. I know what it is like to raise a young child without one parent due to death, because I live and my husband died of cancer when our son was 4 1/2, <modsnip>, at the time of Nancy's death. I know the sadness the surviving parent experiences. I know the yearning of a child to remember what life was like before everything changed suddenly. It is so hard to explain death to children when they are that young. I feel deeply for <modsnip>. I know what it is like to miss my twin, to yearn deeply for a connection that is no longer there.

Just to not lose sight of these innocent victims, I wanted to post a victim statement.

At some point this trial will be over. Regardless of the outcome, these sad and hard facts of life and death remain, and there really is no justice to make it right. There is no true justice for the children. It is not fair.....but it is what they will grapple with for the rest of their lives. I cry for them and I hold their innocence closely to my own heart. I never knew Nancy.
    Last edited by Salem; 04-29-2011 at 01:29 AM.
    Not everyone can paint a realistic portrait, because it is so difficult to attend to all the details, but all of us can view the piece of work. (5,000 details in the human face)

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LAWsy_ME For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    We need a photography forensic analyst to come here and break down the pixels for us. That way they can tell us that pixel 999845, 999846, 999764 and 984634 are positive RGB, therefore must be the necklace.
    But of course! Actually, there's no amount of inverting, RGB or CMYK mixing that reveals anything. It's simply not there. With images, if something is there, there's usually a way to bring it out.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

But of course! Actually, there's no amount of inverting, RGB or CMYK mixing that reveals anything. It's simply not there. With images, if something is there, there's usually a way to bring it out.
    Actually I think you did. I didn't see anything before but right in the center of your circle, you can see the pendant. It is grey but it's right where you plotted it to be. With the emphasis added with the circle, you can see the "V" of the chain coming off of it. It's not a big deal because I don't think it matters in terms of guilt or innocence but it sure looks like her necklace to me.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cheyenne130 For This Useful Post:

So what exactly does the note from the jurors mean? Does it mean that the Judge is not going to allow new experts to be added to list, as it would mean making the trial even longer? Does it mean that jurors have heard enough to make a decision?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

Why did JA really call NC from BA cell phone late at night when NC was at the party on July 11th? Calling to see if she wanted to leave the party to go to JA to drink wine does not make sense.
    Hoisted with his own Petard

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SleuthinNC For This Useful Post:

Looks like your circle is exactly where I drew the necklace. Doesn't mean it is, but now I'm more inclined to believe it is.

First necklace reference seems to start here: This is in the post on here from this site.

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last Ľ

08-28-2008, 11:33 PM

08-29-2008, 12:06 AM
    The Saint

thanks, entrenous. i was trying to think of tom's name.

i was looking at the pictures on the memorial site and nancy was wearing her diamond stud earrings and diamond necklace at the party that night (titled "the saddest party").

i wonder whether these were the pieces of jewelry that her family asked for.
    if they were still on her body, it would point away from a random killer (although not for certain).
    Last edited by johnfear; 04-28-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: saved from wasting a huge amount of space.
    My posts contain only my opinions. (And a few me and your mom came up with during pillowtalk)

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnfear For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne130 View Post
    Actually I think you did. I didn't see anything before but right in the center of your circle, you can see the pendant. It is grey but it's right where you plotted it to be. With the emphasis added with the circle, you can see the "V" of the chain coming off of it. It's not a big deal because I don't think it matters in terms of guilt or innocence but it sure looks like her necklace to me.
    I don't think the chain is long enough to reach that far.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

So what exactly does the note from the jurors mean? Does it mean that the Judge is not going to allow new experts to be added to list, as it would mean making the trial even longer? Does it mean that jurors have heard enough to make a decision?
    Wouldn't we all like to know! I know the note referenced "we" about the jury. But was this simply a note by one juror, or did several jurors meet to write the note? Anyone have clarification?

39. The Following User Says Thank You to RaleighNative For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    The theory that he kept the necklace so he could sell it was one of the ideas floated on here.

I thought it was nonsense then too.
    Yes, I remember that too. So odd that he would have left that necklace easily accessible if he was planning to sell it. And the ducks. You would think he would have been tearing the house apart to find the necklace and ducks to help clear himself of at least some of this CE. But both were in that house all that time.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunshine05 For This Useful Post:

Looks like your circle is exactly where I drew the necklace. Doesn't mean it is, but now I'm more inclined to believe it is.
    I just think that's too low, even if she's bending over a little. But to each their own.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthinNC View Post
    Why did JA really call NC from BA cell phone late at night when NC was at the party on July 11th? Calling to see if she wanted to leave the party to go to JA to drink wine does not make sense.
    You and I are seeing the same "last witness" somewhere in this, I believe.
    My posts contain only my opinions. (And a few me and your mom came up with during pillowtalk)

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to johnfear For This Useful Post:

Those pictures are such low resolution I think it is inconclusive. In some I think I see a necklace. The picture with the line markers for reference look to me like there is one.

Either way, doesn't matter. The necklace testimony was never good quality evidence. The problem is the prosecution went along with Nancy's friends by making a big deal of it.

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to calgary123 For This Useful Post:

Where oh where is JA friend Mary? She seemed to be presnet at every critical point in JA testimony.

And how did JA know to flag down KP at the gym when she said she barely knew HP just through preschool and NC?
    Hoisted with his own Petard

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleuthinNC For This Useful Post:

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast