1131 users online (229 members and 902 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2011.04.28 Emergency Media Motion

I just saw this posted on the news thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    And this just in from the same link:

Motion
    Emergency; of News Organizations to Intervene and for Reconsideration of Implementation and Enforcement of Confidentiality Agreement

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/Cas...CaseID=6236234
    What the heck is this about, I wonder? Are they not wanting to keep something confidential anymore? My mind is running wild with this! What do you all think?

I would think this involves the reports that JP was spotted in West Palm Beach.
    Justice For Caylee Marie

I would think this involves the reports that JP was spotted in West Palm Beach. The defense team will raise an issue at this point if JP drives through any McDonalds that may be close to a courthouse in Florida to fill his tummy with a yummy Big Mac. No matter where he goes there will be speculation about where this jury is coming from.
    Justice For Caylee Marie

Ooh, good point. I hadn't thought of that! Can't wait to see the actual motion!

More people want to know location of jury selection prior to May 9th?

I bet it has to do with HHJP's order that only media people who sign a confidentiality agreement will be allowed to know the location of jury selection ahead of time.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    I bet it has to do with HHJP's order that only media people who sign a confidentiality agreement will be allowed to know the location of jury selection ahead of time.
    Wow, apparently I missed that one! It makes sense, though, with those two stories about HHJP being spotted in West Palm Beach.

And now I'm wondering who's behind this latest motion. I'm placing bets on WESH.

I was wondering what this was all about as well. Who filed this motion? I know I posted the info from the clerk's site . . as it just happened to pop up while I was there but I have no idea how to get further info unless it is from the media links themselves or our own MM. I would imagine if any media outlet filed this then they will have it up on a website soon.
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

Could it have anything to do with this?

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-ex...53/detail.html

The court is proposing a confidentiality agreement for Orlando media covering the Casey Anthony trial jury selection in May.

Who's Who In The Case Against Casey

A proposed agreement was distributed at a media meeting on Friday morning.

The court is leaning towards notifying the media the day before jury selection begins.

Court officials said the decision was not final, and they are looking for media feedback on the idea.

Judge Belvin Perry plans to seat a jury in one week in a county other than Orange County.
    Last edited by QueenD; 04-28-2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: added info

Random question . . . how much is a hotel room in Palm Beach? (I have no idea where it is but since there is a "beach" in the name I thought this would be a little spendy)
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    I would think this involves the reports that JP was spotted in West Palm Beach. The defense team will raise an issue at this point if JP drives through any McDonalds that may be close to a courthouse in Florida to fill his tummy with a yummy Big Mac. No matter where he goes there will be speculation about where this jury is coming from.
    I really wish they'd leave JP alone and stay away from speculating at least until the jury is seated and sequestered.

Drive through at Mickey D's???

"I'd like to order 12 jurors, add a side order of 8 alternates and could I get fries with that?"

Geraldo Rivera promises to ‘raise some hell down there in Orlando’

just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by lowens1975 View Post
    I really wish they'd leave JP alone and stay away from speculating at least until the jury is seated and sequestered.

Drive through at Mickey D's???

"I'd like to order 12 jurors, add a side order of 8 alternates and could I get fries with that?"
    Do you want to Super Size that?
    We have enough youth. How about looking for a Fountain of Smart?

Quote Originally Posted by cherishtoo View Post
    Geraldo Rivera promises to ‘raise some hell down there in Orlando’

just saying!
    That really bothers me?!?! This is a trial about a murdered baby and he wants to come to town raising hell? About what?

As Mr. Baez considered being in the Secret Service ( cough cough ) at one time maybe he will keep switching vehicles and follow JP everywhere he goes in hopes of getting his word out, throwing out printed fliers with his messages to media deprived areas, just in case.......a heads up for " hero JP " ....keep an eye in your rearview for possible approaching buffoon.....JMO ....

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast