1034 users online (214 members and 820 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Garridos Plead Guilty to kidnapping, raping Jaycee Dugard

By Don Thompson
    Associated Press
    Posted: 04/28/2011 11:11:38 AM PDT
    Updated: 04/28/2011 02:23:35 PM PDT

PLACERVILLE -- A convicted sex offender and his wife pleaded guilty Thursday to kidnapping and raping a Northern California girl when she was 11 and holding her captive for nearly two decades.
    The pleas came as part of a surprise deal with prosecutors that will spare victim Jaycee Dugard and her two daughters born after she was raped by defendant Phillip Garrido from having to testify at a trial.
    <snip> Phillip Garrido, 60, faces a maximum sentence of 431 years to life in prison after entering guilty pleas to 14 kidnapping and sexual assault charges.
    His wife, Nancy Garrido, 55, who originally faced the same charges as her husband, pleaded guilty to one count of kidnapping and one count of rape.
    She faces a maximum sentence of 36 years to life. She is technically eligible for parole, but El Dorado County District Attorney Vern Pierson said it was "extraordinarily unlikely" she would ever be released from prison.
    Both defendants waived their right to appeal and were scheduled to be sentenced June 2.<snip> http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/ci_17950127
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Bout time. Good Job Jaycee. You are a hero.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Dugard expresses relief that Garridos pleaded guilty
    By Sam Stanton
    Sacramento Bee
    Thursday April 28, 2011

"Jaycee Lee Dugard today expressed relief that Phillip and Nancy Garrido pleaded guilty in El Dorado Superior Court to kidnapping and assaulting her.

Another victim said she was "extremely happy that my ordeal with Phillip Garrido is finally coming to a close."

"I'm relieved that Phillip and Nancy Garrido have finally acknowledged their guilt and confessed to their crimes against me and my family," Dugard said in a prepared statement."

and

Katie Callaway Hall also expressed relief that Phillip Garrido will be put away forever.

much more...

Garridos sentenced

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...p-garrido.html

June 2, 2011

Nearly 20 years after Jaycee Lee Dugard was abducted while walking to a school bus stop, the couple who pleaded guilty in her kidnapping and rape were sentenced Thursday to prison terms that could keep them behind bars for the rest of their lives.

Phillip Garrido, a 60-year-old convicted rapist, was sentenced to 431 years to life in prison. His 55-year-old wife Nancy was sentenced to 36 years to life in prison.

I hope Jaycee obtains some satisfaction from this.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Here is a link to Jaycee's full statement along with her mother's full statement:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/jaycee-dug...ry?id=13745897

snip from your link Beena Bobba:

"I am expecting that all I have to say today will fall on deaf ears but this testimony is not for you. It is for me. It is for every mother and father out there that have experienced my pain. It is for every child and their siblings that have suffered at the hands of a predator. It is for those here today. My nightmare has finally ended, Thank God . But my battle against abduction has just begun and I plan to win just as I've done here today… "
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Glad to see those two will never be able to hurt another child.

Great Letter JC
    And Great Letter Terry.

OK he is not coming out again and that is great. sadly he will be getting free room and board. I do hope he gets general population. No Privet Room with a TV.

But the witch only got 36 years? WTF? With good behavior she will be out while still breathing.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

2 more sick evil monsters gone...check

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    Great Letter JC
    And Great Letter Terry.

OK he is not coming out again and that is great. sadly he will be getting free room and board. I do hope he gets general population. No Privet Room with a TV.

But the witch only got 36 years? WTF? With good behavior she will be out while still breathing.
    She got 36 years to life. In California, she'll have to serve at least 36 years before she's eligible for parole. That would make her 91 years old before she has any chance of release. Of course, the time she has already served would count towards the 36 years. We're talking about a woman who will be imprisoned at least into her late 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    She got 36 years to life. In California, she'll have to serve at least 36 years before she's eligible for parole. That would make her 91 years old before she has any chance of release. Of course, the time she has already served would count towards the 36 years. We're talking about a woman who will be imprisoned at least into her late 80's.
    Well, maybe. The CA Supreme Court can always decide to change the laws again (yes change, not uphold), or decide to release her because of over crowding. Just because you’re sentenced to something in CA, doesn’t mean you’ll do the time. (Not being argumentative with you, just disgusted with CA lawmakers)
    As for the Garridos, Terry summed it up perfectly: “You are the epitome of disgust, and no amount of jail time or even death will cleanse your corrupt souls. You do not deserve to live or die or even exist.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brassband View Post
    Well, maybe. The CA Supreme Court can always decide to change the laws again (yes change, not uphold), or decide to release her because of over crowding. Just because you’re sentenced to something in CA, doesn’t mean you’ll do the time. (Not being argumentative with you, just disgusted with CA lawmakers)
    As for the Garridos, Terry summed it up perfectly: “You are the epitome of disgust, and no amount of jail time or even death will cleanse your corrupt souls. You do not deserve to live or die or even exist.”
    In California they let out 17,000 that is SEVENTEEN THOUSAND inmates just last year. Yes to boost the economy they say (sure, and how?)
    IMO it is more like; to have a revolving door and keep the courts, lawyers and others working.
    WHY bother caring about the average citizen who is getting hurt out there by these perpetrators.

Yap! I just do not trust California’s leaders to do the right thing.
    Women are Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    MAYBE is all I can say, about your post.
    LA law has not impressed me in the least. They let perpes like the animal who hurt JC out, he should not have been allowed out,
    and JC would not have been hurt.
    They let 17,000 inmates lose just a year ago.
    NOP... LA law has not impressed me a bit.

IMHO - both should have had "With No Chance of Parole” attached to their sentence.
    Women are Angels.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/03...ity/?hpt=hp_t2

Transcript: Dugard details 18 years of terror, rape in captivity
    June 3rd, 2011
    01:09 PM ET

Phillip and Nancy Garrido abducted Jaycee Dugard when she was 11 years old

Jaycee Dugard vividly remembers the morning 20 years ago when she was kidnapped. A car crept up behind her as she walked to the bus stop for school.

"I didn't think it was weird at the time, but it kind of pulled in close to me," she told a grand jury in September 2010, according to redacted transcripts released today. In them she describes her encounters with her convicted captors Philip and Nancy Garrido.

She was asked for directions. In a flash, her life took a turn that would change her forever.

Dugard would go from an 11-year-old, blue-eyed, freckle-faced blonde to a 29-year-old with two children - all while she was kept locked away in a backyard compound of sheds and tarps owned by Garrido. The couple both pleaded guilty to avoid a trial, where Dugard would have to publicly testify and describe the nearly two decades she spent in captivity....

He'll get 431 years here but he's gonna get a life sentence in the hereafter. JMO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast