Garridos Plead Guilty to kidnapping, raping Jaycee Dugard

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
By Don Thompson
Associated Press
Posted: 04/28/2011 11:11:38 AM PDT
Updated: 04/28/2011 02:23:35 PM PDT

PLACERVILLE -- A convicted sex offender and his wife pleaded guilty Thursday to kidnapping and raping a Northern California girl when she was 11 and holding her captive for nearly two decades.
The pleas came as part of a surprise deal with prosecutors that will spare victim Jaycee Dugard and her two daughters born after she was raped by defendant Phillip Garrido from having to testify at a trial.
<snip> Phillip Garrido, 60, faces a maximum sentence of 431 years to life in prison after entering guilty pleas to 14 kidnapping and sexual assault charges.
His wife, Nancy Garrido, 55, who originally faced the same charges as her husband, pleaded guilty to one count of kidnapping and one count of rape.
She faces a maximum sentence of 36 years to life. She is technically eligible for parole, but El Dorado County District Attorney Vern Pierson said it was "extraordinarily unlikely" she would ever be released from prison.
Both defendants waived their right to appeal and were scheduled to be sentenced June 2.<snip> http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/ci_17950127

Bout time. Good Job Jaycee. You are a hero.

Dugard expresses relief that Garridos pleaded guilty
By Sam Stanton
Sacramento Bee
Thursday April 28, 2011

"Jaycee Lee Dugard today expressed relief that Phillip and Nancy Garrido pleaded guilty in El Dorado Superior Court to kidnapping and assaulting her.

Another victim said she was "extremely happy that my ordeal with Phillip Garrido is finally coming to a close."

"I'm relieved that Phillip and Nancy Garrido have finally acknowledged their guilt and confessed to their crimes against me and my family," Dugard said in a prepared statement."

and

Katie Callaway Hall also expressed relief that Phillip Garrido will be put away forever.

much more...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ard-kidnappers-sentenced-phillip-garrido.html

June 2, 2011

Nearly 20 years after Jaycee Lee Dugard was abducted while walking to a school bus stop, the couple who pleaded guilty in her kidnapping and rape were sentenced Thursday to prison terms that could keep them behind bars for the rest of their lives.

Phillip Garrido, a 60-year-old convicted rapist, was sentenced to 431 years to life in prison. His 55-year-old wife Nancy was sentenced to 36 years to life in prison.

I hope Jaycee obtains some satisfaction from this.

snip from your link Beena Bobba:

"I am expecting that all I have to say today will fall on deaf ears but this testimony is not for you. It is for me. It is for every mother and father out there that have experienced my pain. It is for every child and their siblings that have suffered at the hands of a predator. It is for those here today. My nightmare has finally ended, Thank God . But my battle against abduction has just begun and I plan to win just as I've done here today&#8230; "

Glad to see those two will never be able to hurt another child.

Great Letter JC
And Great Letter Terry.
:):):)

OK he is not coming out again and that is great. sadly he will be getting free room and board. I do hope he gets general population. No Privet Room with a TV.

But the witch only got 36 years? WTF? With good behavior she will be out while still breathing.

Great Letter JC
And Great Letter Terry.
:):):)

OK he is not coming out again and that is great. sadly he will be getting free room and board. I do hope he gets general population. No Privet Room with a TV.

But the witch only got 36 years? WTF? With good behavior she will be out while still breathing.

She got 36 years to life. In California, she'll have to serve at least 36 years before she's eligible for parole. That would make her 91 years old before she has any chance of release. Of course, the time she has already served would count towards the 36 years. We're talking about a woman who will be imprisoned at least into her late 80's.

She got 36 years to life. In California, she'll have to serve at least 36 years before she's eligible for parole. That would make her 91 years old before she has any chance of release. Of course, the time she has already served would count towards the 36 years. We're talking about a woman who will be imprisoned at least into her late 80's.

Well, maybe. The CA Supreme Court can always decide to change the laws again (yes change, not uphold), or decide to release her because of over crowding. Just because you’re sentenced to something in CA, doesn’t mean you’ll do the time. (Not being argumentative with you, just disgusted with CA lawmakers)
As for the Garridos, Terry summed it up perfectly: “You are the epitome of disgust, and no amount of jail time or even death will cleanse your corrupt souls. You do not deserve to live or die or even exist.”

Well, maybe. The CA Supreme Court can always decide to change the laws again (yes change, not uphold), or decide to release her because of over crowding. Just because you’re sentenced to something in CA, doesn’t mean you’ll do the time. (Not being argumentative with you, just disgusted with CA lawmakers)
As for the Garridos, Terry summed it up perfectly: “You are the epitome of disgust, and no amount of jail time or even death will cleanse your corrupt souls. You do not deserve to live or die or even exist.”

In California they let out 17,000 that is SEVENTEEN THOUSAND inmates just last year. Yes to boost the economy they say (sure, and how?)
IMO it is more like; to have a revolving door and keep the courts, lawyers and others working.
WHY bother caring about the average citizen who is getting hurt out there by these perpetrators.

Yap! I just do not trust California’s leaders to do the right thing.

:waitasec: MAYBE is all I can say, about your post.
LA law has not impressed me in the least. They let perpes like the animal who hurt JC out, he should not have been allowed out,
and JC would not have been hurt.
They let 17,000 inmates lose just a year ago.
NOP... LA law has not impressed me a bit.

IMHO - both should have had "With No Chance of Parole&#8221; attached to their sentence.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/0...-years-of-terror-rape-in-captivity/?hpt=hp_t2

Transcript: Dugard details 18 years of terror, rape in captivity
June 3rd, 2011
01:09 PM ET

t1larg.dugard.jpg

Phillip and Nancy Garrido abducted Jaycee Dugard when she was 11 years old

Jaycee Dugard vividly remembers the morning 20 years ago when she was kidnapped. A car crept up behind her as she walked to the bus stop for school.

"I didn't think it was weird at the time, but it kind of pulled in close to me," she told a grand jury in September 2010, according to redacted transcripts released today. In them she describes her encounters with her convicted captors Philip and Nancy Garrido.

She was asked for directions. In a flash, her life took a turn that would change her forever.

Dugard would go from an 11-year-old, blue-eyed, freckle-faced blonde to a 29-year-old with two children - all while she was kept locked away in a backyard compound of sheds and tarps owned by Garrido. The couple both pleaded guilty to avoid a trial, where Dugard would have to publicly testify and describe the nearly two decades she spent in captivity....

He'll get 431 years here but he's gonna get a life sentence in the hereafter. JMO

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/0...-years-of-terror-rape-in-captivity/?hpt=hp_t2

Transcript: Dugard details 18 years of terror, rape in captivity
June 3rd, 2011
01:09 PM ET

t1larg.dugard.jpg

Phillip and Nancy Garrido abducted Jaycee Dugard when she was 11 years old

Jaycee Dugard vividly remembers the morning 20 years ago when she was kidnapped. A car crept up behind her as she walked to the bus stop for school.

"I didn't think it was weird at the time, but it kind of pulled in close to me," she told a grand jury in September 2010, according to redacted transcripts released today. In them she describes her encounters with her convicted captors Philip and Nancy Garrido.

She was asked for directions. In a flash, her life took a turn that would change her forever.

Dugard would go from an 11-year-old, blue-eyed, freckle-faced blonde to a 29-year-old with two children - all while she was kept locked away in a backyard compound of sheds and tarps owned by Garrido. The couple both pleaded guilty to avoid a trial, where Dugard would have to publicly testify and describe the nearly two decades she spent in captivity....

He'll get 431 years here but he's gonna get a life sentence in the hereafter. JMO

Since I do believe in reincarnation, I think next time he will come back as an animal that other animals pry on.
and not even that can even the score of what he has done.

The only good thing about PG & NG not receiving the death penalty, is there is still a chance that Jaycee was not the only child that was abducted, either by PG alone or with NG, and perhaps there could someday be a confession as to further crimes, which would give someone else peace. I truly believe there is a strong possibility she is not the first. Quite a long gap between his rape of Katie and then his abduction of Jaycee, don't you think?

The only other thing I would like to have seen done, is see PG's mother charged and prosecuted as well. She was not kept in the dark, at the very least she should have been charged as an accessory or some such. Age should not allow you to escape the law nor the far reaching arms of justice. JMO

Kidnapped girl showed resilience in captivity
By LISA LEFF and DON THOMPSON, Associated Press
Associated Press June 3, 2011 04:24 PM

"(06-03) 16:24 PDT Placerville, Calif. (AP) --
Through it all, the kidnapping, the repeated sexual assaults and the isolation of being hidden away for over 18 years, Jaycee Dugard survived by playing the good girl."

""I didn't want it to happen again, so I was good," she recalled in vivid grand jury testimony released Thursday after her abductors were sentenced to prison. She "tried to do what he wanted me to do even though I didn't like it.""

This is from the Grand Jury testimony which was released. You will have to read it yourself, its just too sad to repeat here.

ABC Lands Exclusive Interview With Jaycee Dugard

By BILL CARTER ABC News announced Wednesday that Diane Sawyer had landed an exclusive interview with Jaycee Lee Dugard, the California woman who was kidnapped at age 11 and held against her will for 18 years.
The specifics of when and on which programs the interview will appear have not been determined, but it will be broadcast sometime in July, ABC said. Ms. Dugard was being sought by multiple news organizations for the interview, which ABC was able to secure this week.

more at link

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/08/abc-lands-exclusive-interview-with-jaycee-dugard/

BillyLee, we have agreed on that fact from day 1!! There have been other children in PG and NG's yard. Remember the neighbors sighting of 5 to 6 blong girls. I also believe there is more to be known. Also the statement that Jaycee made to PG and NG that she helped him find girlS to abuse. Very telling!

There is one previous poster that should stop by and given us his opinion. He believed that they would never go to jail. Thank God he was wrong and justice prevailed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back