2011.04.29 - Day five of the trial - Sheri's friends and Meyers testimonies

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nickpistor
Nicholas J.C. Pistor
Friends of sheri coleman set to testify today; and televangelist Joyce Meyer's deposition #colemantrial #stl

I'm assuming Meegan Turnbeaugh and Kathy LaPlante?

From this twitter site:

http://www.chathousenews.com/2011/04/live-coleman-trial-updates.html

defense points out 3 corrections in CSI reports over time. Prosecutors point out they were all misspellings of boy's name.

Obviously the defense is trying to argue that everyone makes misspellings here and there, but the prosecution wisely pointed out that it's much more common to misspell a person's name (particularly when you don't really know them) than it is to misspell a common word like "opportunities," particularly in this day and age with spell-check, FCS! Garrett, for example, could be spelled with one or two t's or r's, but "opportunities" only has one correct spelling!

Bet Chris is wishing he would've known what that squiggly red line meant under all of his words before he hit "send!" :loser:

the wording of the threat letters with the mis spelling of common words to me is one of the most damning pieces of evidence against cc...
1. Could someone hack into his computer? Sure-unlikely, but possible
2. Would the hacker really know to check out his documents so he could misspell the same words like CC did? Very very unlikely...

Hiya All,

Brian, you are so right. It would take a very clever hacker to study the misspellings of someone, how they use "U" and "CAPS" at the end of a sentence and oddball contractions, and then to mimic those things in threatening letters and then on walls i.e. to setup Chris as the murderer. But wait, wasn't it Chris trying to setup a Phantom murderer?

The flurry of tweets continues. Info that CC asked the ministry if they would be able to see "sexual texts his wife was sending" and that the ministry shortly thereafter discovered his ties with TL.

One of Sheri's friends saved a text Sheri sent her, informing her that CC said Sheri and the kids were getting in the way of his job.

The judge struck the witness's testimony that Sheri told her CC beat her.

This case is so very sad. As a married women myself with two boys this case is frightening and this TL woman is evil to the core just as much as CC and I am not convince that she didn't ask him to get rid of his family. The evil one has to have in their core to sleep with a friend's husband who has two beautiful babies and not think of how disgusting that is, I don't care if he wasn't sleeping with his wife. HIS WIFE is YOUR FRIENd and doesn't know that YOU are the cause for her MARRIAGE failing.

What a disgusting person. For CC he and that church are all evil people evil cold and evil.

I am so mad.

As minimal as the text info is today, I was glad to hear that there was apparently evidence on both CC's arms. The way I remember back in the way-back machine right after this happened, it was reported that he had a scratch on one arm, which he initially told a witness (maybe an EMT?) he didn't remember how he got, but which he later told his father he got while punching a gurney.

Scratches on one arm and red marks on the other. That "gurney" apparently fought back.

Brian, I'm with you in hoping there was recoverable DNA under the victims' nails. But would we have already heard about that? It seems the prosecution put the ME and Baden on the stand early and are now on to motive, so how much more might we hear about the results from the crime scene?

Cincotta testified that she was in charge of cell phones for Joyce Meyer Ministries and got an e-mail from Chris Coleman in mid-December 2008. That is when he started having sex with Lintz, she testified Thursday.

Coleman told Cincotta his wife sent him an explicit picture and he wanted to make sure the computer techs at the ministries would not be able to see it. She checked and told him they couldn't.

Then she heard from Sheri Coleman about her marital problems. She got suspicious about the cell phone traffic and pulled the records for Chris Coleman's ministry phone. She found all the calls to Lintz.

She took the info to Danny Meyer, the televangelist's son and an executive with the ministries. She said the affair would have cost Chris Coleman his job and another ministries employee had been fired for an affair. She said a divorce would not have caused him to be fired.

Chris Coleman's police interrogation video was shown to jurors earlier this week and included his statement that Danny Meyer confronted him about the calls from Lintz and told him to keep his personal life private. At that point Coleman said he got a personal cell phone.

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2011/04/29/1689670/sheri-colemans-friends-to-testify.html#ixzz1KwCkFLWF

So Danny Meyer did know and just told him to "keep his personal life private."

"Another friend of Sheri's, Stephanie Jones, saved the text messages she received from Sheri on December 27, 2008. Sheri's text said, "Chris wants a divorce. He said me and my kids are in the way of his job." "

"Vanessa Riegeris, a neighbor of the Coleman's, testified that in the fall of 2008, Chris told her that he was thinking divorcing Sheri after the holidays"

http://www.ksdk.com/rss/article/256809/3/Friends-Sheri-Coleman-knew-Chris-wanted-a-divorce

and we know that someone saw the marks before he punched the gurney.
-
hopefully there is CC's skin/dna under some one's fingernails-that would probably do it...

I hope so - is there a possibility that the prosecution is waiting until the end to present this evidence? It would make more sense to present it at the time the scratches were shown. But maybe they want to wait so it will be fresh in the jurors minds?

IDK - just wondering about it. He was scratched - unless he got those while getting rid of evidence, there has to be dna under someone's nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie