1518 users online (262 members and 1256 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Megan disappeared from the Express Holiday Inn in Hauppauge. We know from DS that the killer also asked Amber to meet him at this same hotel, though Amber refused. So what's the draw to this particular hotel? What's near there that makes this place so convenient for him? Work? Home? Something.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Really, Really good question MK!

A Holiday Inn wouldn't offer rooms by the hour would they?

Here's a review from Trip Advisor:

We have just returned from the worst HIEXP stay EVER!!! Upon check another couple came in and informed the staff they had just witnessed a drug buy in the parking lot, the staff did not seem surprised in the least and said the would call the cops. Yet upon returning to the hotel that evening we encountered not only the original three from the drug buy but they had been joined buy three more unsavory types out in the parking lot. When we informed the staff they just said "oh we called the cops before". There was not one day in which we had more than two bath towels for 3 adults. We had no washcloths or bathmats. We were continuously ignored when we asked for these items. We asked for additional blankets and were informed they had none . There also was not enough parking the first night of our stay. Not a neighborhood for families or woman alone. There are no close restaurants either.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...k.html#REVIEWS
    Do you have language questions or letters/documents that you'd like to have examined in order to determine the language background of the writer? I can help!

My guess is that the appealing thing about this hotel is that the staff tend to turn a blind eye to things. This would be very appealing to a SK who wants to be unnoticed.
    Do you have language questions or letters/documents that you'd like to have examined in order to determine the language background of the writer? I can help!

Quote Originally Posted by marie-chantal View Post
    My guess is that the appealing thing about this hotel is that the staff tend to turn a blind eye to things. This would be very appealing to a SK who wants to be unnoticed.
    But there are quite a few no-tell motels in this area. One UGer even posted a list of them. Why this particular hotel? He could have booked a date with Megan in her room...he didn't. He had her meet him around the corner. So the draw isn't the hotel, imo...it's the location of the hotel. It's NEAR something. I just can't figure out what.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

This is interesting:

http://www.twincomfg.com/

ETA: machine shops use burlap bags, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    This is interesting:

http://www.twincomfg.com/
    So, this company is pretty close to the hotel?

I'm also gonna look at some maps to see what else might be nearby.

Questions for Hawkshaw

Since we are talking about the motels connected to the GB4, there is a question I have been wanting to ask Hawkshaw.

Hawkshaw, I remember reading a comment you made about the motels having a reputation of being associated with the prostitution rings on LI and that the management was in on the action. We have Megan Waterman and Amber Costello associated with the Holiday Inn Express in Hauppauge and Melissa Barthelemy associated with the Budget Inn and a Best Western in Massapequa. Can you elaborate on what you know about the hotels and their management, and do you think their association with the motels would be a clue that they were not working on their own, but were associated with a larger crime organization?

I am asking Hawkshaw because of his past knowledge and experience as a LE officer and his comment about the motels made on a MSM forum some time ago. CALLING HAWKSHAW
    Last edited by Redbird; 03-16-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Dwntwnslim View Post
    So, this company is pretty close to the hotel?

I'm also gonna look at some maps to see what else might be nearby.
    On the opposite side of LI Expressway, there appears to be an industrial area. Twinco is there, and so are a bunch of other companies. Any number of them might use burlap bags. Twinco stood out to me because it supplies railroad parts, and we have several connections to NY Port Authority. I'm just tossing darts at blind targets really...but the question itself is a good one, I think. Why this location? If it's work related, I would think he would have to work somewhere that has a late shift...he met Megan sometime after 1 am.

I dunno...just tossing around some random thoughts.

On the opposite side of LI Expressway, there appears to be an industrial area. Twinco is there, and so are a bunch of other companies. Any number of them might use burlap bags. Twinco stood out to me because it supplies railroad parts, and we have several connections to NY Port Authority. I'm just tossing darts at blind targets really...but the question itself is a good one, I think. Why this location? If it's work related, I would think he would have to work somewhere that has a late shift...he met Megan sometime after 1 am.

Does this industrial area have warehouses or factories? If it's got factories, then there might be activity at all hours of the day due to the various shifts of the workers (i.e. third shift). If it's mostly warehouses, then it's probably a very quiet, dark area at night where someone could go into one of the buildings and have privacy.

Either way, this is a very good find!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    He is not claiming to be an expert here. I said that. I was merely asking him as a fellow poster. I think any future comments about this should be addressed to the moderators.

It's all good.

The more posts there are, the clearer and easier things get.

Isn't it amazing that when the victim threads got bumped, there has been so much activity?

If there is a question about a WS member and their credentials, please alert a moderator and don't discuss it on the forum.

Thanks.

That's in a different industrial park around 3 miles away from the Holiday Inn Express.

Hawkshaws credentials?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwntwnslim View Post
    Has WS vetted his credentials?
    If you are referring to me. I have no credentials to speak of on this matter other than the fact I am a retired NYPD detective of 29 years service. 26 years of those years was as a detective. For 10 or the first 15 years I was the bodyguard/chauffer/aide/chief bottle washer for three of the Manh District Attorneys. My last 10 years on the Job were in Queens Homicide. I have opinions just like the rest or you posters, LE, or not.

Opinions are like Hemorroids, every A Hole has them sooner of later.

During my 10 years in Homicide I would guess that 2500 homicides came across my desk one way or another. Not suggesting for a second I investigated 2500 homicides. Some of those cases lasted days, weeks, or months, some only lasted hours.

Did more than my share of murdered hookers dumped in various places,including desolate areas.

All I have to offer is my experience working homicides. Some times I was wrong, many times I was right. That doesn't make me an expert on this particular case.

Believe me when I say I worked on my share of cases that someone screwed up and we never got the murderer. Most of it comes from Egos fighting with each other. Many screw ups come about because some detectives lock on a theory and refuse to move off it no matter what the evidence tells them.

In the Son of Sam investigation there were many suspects. One fellow tried his best to do everything to convince the detectives he was SAM. On the night of the Moskowitz Homicide a detective that believed this person was SAM went to the guy;s door and rang the bell. that guy answered the door and the detective was so pissed he punched the guy in the mouth and left.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast