1257 users online (233 members and 1024 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49
Results 721 to 731 of 731
  1. #721
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    GFYS, New York
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    The evening before Maureen was last seen her and her friend Sara told a man on the street that they were working independently and didnt have a pimp. After that was when maureen was robbed by a black guy with dreads. This was according to big al and or tony the porn producers who touched base with sara back in connecticut. These guys knew she was robbed. Even maureens pimp who worked for the porn guys was a shady cat. Once maureen decides to go independent on someone elses turf. she vanishes. One of those guys has to know something more. Imo
    "a black guy with dreads" .....how convenient. They set her up or know who did it, IMO.

    However, that wouldn't be congruent to the LISK theory which I more more inclined to believe. There was and always will be independent "providers" an they all don't just get chopped up because of turf issues. It's not worth the jail time. Same as being a bookie. You have a guy that doesn't pay, you don't break his arms with a ball bat anymore. You just intimidate him into paying or he'll rat you out and you're going to jail.

  2. #722
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    500
    Today would have been Maureen's 35th birthday. May we find justice for her soon.
    "Intelligence, as well, is really a kind of taste: taste in ideas. (One of the facts to be reckoned with is that taste tends to develop very unevenly. It's rare that the same person has good visual taste and good taste in people and taste in ideas.)" -Susan Sontag


  3. #723
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,195
    How sad.

    Only slightly related note- I went to a gathering at a friend's office in the Film Center building a few days ago and it's pretty much unrecognizable inside from what the halls and offices used to look like when I worked in that building. Time passes. Thought of Maureen and how long it's been.

    Friend and I had a pet personal POI (google ugly george) based on seeing him in and out of the building for years, but after much research determined he didn't have the means and ways to dispose of bodies out on LI.

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    200
    Something that jumped out at me while watching episode 2 of The Killing Season: why was Maureen at Penn Station, if she was trying to catch a train back home to Connecticut? I'm from Connecticut and trains to there only leave from Grand Central, not Penn Station. Penn Station trains do go to Long Island, though... maybe Maureen was taking a train out to LI instead to meet someone (a guy she knew or a john)?

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mostly on planet Earth
    Posts
    271

    Victim: Maureen Brainard-Barnes

    Quote Originally Posted by digitective View Post
    Something that jumped out at me while watching episode 2 of The Killing Season: why was Maureen at Penn Station, if she was trying to catch a train back home to Connecticut? I'm from Connecticut and trains to there only leave from Grand Central, not Penn Station. Penn Station trains do go to Long Island, though... maybe Maureen was taking a train out to LI instead to meet someone (a guy she knew or a john)?
    I may be mixing up dates/years, but weren't there a bunch of rail / line closures at Grand Central in the summer of 2007? If so, maybe she had to go through Penn. Or maybe she decided to take a bus back since she'd mentioned getting robbed (or burned) of all her money ...
    I may be entirely wrong about this, though and in either case your observation is intriguing.


    Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk
    Last edited by anya; 09-13-2017 at 11:41 PM.

  6. #726
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by anya View Post
    I may be mixing up dates/years, but weren't there a bunch of rail / line closures at Grand Central in the summer of 2007? If so, maybe she had to go through Penn. Or maybe she decided to take a bus back since she'd mentioned getting robbed (or burned) of all her money ...
    I may be entirely wrong about this, though and in either case your observation is intriguing.


    Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk
    I grew up in Connecticut and then lived in NYC for 11 years and I'm almost positive it's not even possible for a train from Connecticut (MetroNorth) to go to Penn Station. They're trying to make it possible in the future but the infrastructure doesn't currently exist.
    The bus idea is a good possibility, though. She could have been catching a bus from the Port Authority Bus Station to Connecticut instead, which is near Penn Station. But then people usually say they're at the "Port Authority" versus Penn Station. A bus would probably be cheaper and get her closer to where she needed to go, although it would take longer.

  7. #727
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Posts
    409
    I never caught that, and you're right. There are no trains from Penn Station to CT. My family is from CT, I am from NY, and my cousins live on LI. I have to go to Penn Station to visit them. Penn Station holds LIRR, New Jersey Transit, and subways.

    Grand Central has subways and Metro North, which goes into NY and CT.

    Port Authority has subways and the bus terminal. I have used buses from here to go to Jersey and as far as Virginia.

    However - because I live closer to Metro North - when I worked in NYC, I would take the 2 train (subway) from Penn Station one stop north to Times Square/42nd Street, then catch the S train (shuttle subway) over to Grand Central, where I could get on Metro North. So that might have been Maureen's plan.

    Quote Originally Posted by digitective View Post
    Something that jumped out at me while watching episode 2 of The Killing Season: why was Maureen at Penn Station, if she was trying to catch a train back home to Connecticut? I'm from Connecticut and trains to there only leave from Grand Central, not Penn Station. Penn Station trains do go to Long Island, though... maybe Maureen was taking a train out to LI instead to meet someone (a guy she knew or a john)?

  8. #728
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    33
    I believe Maureen may hold the key to who LISK is. I truly believe it was someone Maureen knew. She went outside for a cigarette and past client or someone she knew was stalking her and ran into her outside of penn, made it look like a coincidence. He maybe offered to give her a ride to CT. I think it had to be someone she knew because she went willingly. Someone had to see her get into a car outside of Penn.

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by jessr927 View Post
    I never caught that, and you're right. There are no trains from Penn Station to CT. My family is from CT, I am from NY, and my cousins live on LI. I have to go to Penn Station to visit them. Penn Station holds LIRR, New Jersey Transit, and subways.

    Grand Central has subways and Metro North, which goes into NY and CT.

    Port Authority has subways and the bus terminal. I have used buses from here to go to Jersey and as far as Virginia.

    However - because I live closer to Metro North - when I worked in NYC, I would take the 2 train (subway) from Penn Station one stop north to Times Square/42nd Street, then catch the S train (shuttle subway) over to Grand Central, where I could get on Metro North. So that might have been Maureen's plan.
    I never caught that either. I live on the W. coast. Interesting.

  10. #730
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by italianbella View Post
    I believe Maureen may hold the key to who LISK is. I truly believe it was someone Maureen knew. She went outside for a cigarette and past client or someone she knew was stalking her and ran into her outside of penn, made it look like a coincidence. He maybe offered to give her a ride to CT. I think it had to be someone she knew because she went willingly. Someone had to see her get into a car outside of Penn.
    JMO, She needed money to get home to her family in Ct. I think she may have tried one more trick...maybe she did come across someone she knew...but I believe her prime motivation was to get home, and she needed cash to do that.


  11. #731
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,576
    Quote Originally Posted by twocuriouscats View Post
    JMO, She needed money to get home to her family in Ct. I think she may have tried one more trick...maybe she did come across someone she knew...but I believe her prime motivation was to get home, and she needed cash to do that.
    A poster explained in a upthread how to get to CT from Penn Station using Amtrak.

    Maureen told her sister she had money to get home.

    The killer made late night dates. Its possible Maureen received a late night call.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49


Similar Threads

  1. TN - Grammy nominated Dave Brainard attacked by well dressed couple, 27 Sept 2015
    By Ellmau in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-08-2015, 01:55 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 03:12 AM
  3. Hi. I'm Judy's sister, Maureen.
    By JudysSisterMaureen in forum Long Island Serial Killer
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 04:59 AM