1354 users online (199 members and 1155 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I have discovered by now that if you try to piece together all these little details from all the different sloppily written news articles you will drive yourself crazy. I don't know why it is, but this case has the most sloppily written news articles I have ever seen. It gets very frustrating and you just have to back away for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Wait, something is weird here:

"Maureen Brainard-Barnes, 25, of Norwich, CT., was last seen at a 46th Street hotel.
    When Brainard-Barnes disappeared in 2007, Connecticut detectives came to Manhattan and went through her computer."
    http://www.dnainfo.com/20110516/manh...#ixzz1MYosd5Kl

The other article says friends' last contact with her was when she made a phone call from Port Authority (bus terminal on 42nd St.) that night, saying she'd been robbed. What came last, the last sighting, or the last call?

If Maureen was from CT, why did CT cops have to come into Manhattan to go through her computer? Did Maureen bring her computer into the City with her? Was her computer left in Manhattan? Where?
    Very good question about how they found her computer. It infers that she was either checked in to a hotel, kept a place or stayed in someone else's place when she was in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Not new info, but this should be on this thread. Wonder if the S.I. cop is the one who robbed her.

"[Maureen] came into the city by train with two acquaintances, on the morning of July 9, 2007, to meet clients, a friend told reporters last week.
    Brainard-Barnes rang friends in distress that night from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in midtown Manhattan, saying she had been robbed of the money she earned that day.
    'She just wanted to come home,' said the friend. 'She said she was coming that night and would check in.' She was never heard from again."
    http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/...r-2621735.html
    BBM

Perhaps MBB split the cost the hotel room with these friends. If she left her computer behind, then it seems likely one of the friends would have taken her computer when they checked out, and eventually turned it over to LE.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

was just perusing info on Brainard-Barnes and found that at one time MBB apparently lived in Mays Landing, NJ (which is where the Atlantic City prostitutes were found...)

http://www.veromi.com/Search.aspx?sT...=&dobdd=&doby=

Quote Originally Posted by MrsPC View Post
    was just perusing info on Brainard-Barnes and found that at one time MBB apparently lived in Mays Landing, NJ (which is where the Atlantic City prostitutes were found...)

http://www.veromi.com/Search.aspx?sT...=&dobdd=&doby=

Great find MrsPC!
    Does anyone have access to further information on this, as what the actual address was, and in what year she lived there?

This could be of HUGE importance IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post
    Great find MrsPC!
    Does anyone have access to further information on this, as what the actual address was, and in what year she lived there?

according to this link it was in 2006

http://www.zabasearch.com/maps/?snam...9450&int_var=3

I also found the sales records for that property thru the years

prior to March 2004 that address was owned by persons last name Tarsovich

March 2004 til November 2006 that address was owned by persons last name Shanteau (this person also has address history in Mystic, CT where MBB has family) so possibly this homeowner is a relative

November 2006 til recently address was owned by persons last name Kaderabek

Current owner is last name Arehart

Great find MrsPC!

I agree. Also, wasn't Maureen the first of the four victims to disappear?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsPC View Post
    according to this link it was in 2006

http://www.zabasearch.com/maps/?snam...9450&int_var=3

I also found the sales records for that property thru the years

prior to March 2004 that address was owned by persons last name Tarsovich

March 2004 til November 2006 that address was owned by persons last name Shanteau (this person also has address history in Mystic, CT where MBB has family) so possibly this homeowner is a relative

November 2006 til recently address was owned by persons last name Kaderabek

Current owner is last name Arehart
    Thanks a LOT.

This is ca 16 miles n/w of Golden Key Motel were the 4 AC murder victims were found (behind the motel)

Golden Key Motel
    8030 Black Horse Pike
    Pleasantville, NJ 08232-2855
    (609) 645-8183

Quote Originally Posted by marie-chantal View Post
    I agree. Also, wasn't Maureen the first of the four victims to disappear?
    Yes Maureen was the first to disappear, she disappeared June 14, 2007.
    (ca 7 months after the 4 AC murdervictims were found Nov 20, 2006)

I belive Maureen was last seen at a 46th Street hotel in Manhattan.

7 months really isn't that far apart from the AC victims. Do we know if Maureen was working as a prostitute during her time in AC (this may not be relevant to the case, just another coincidence)? I didn't know that Maureen was last seen at a hotel. I thought that she was the one who lost money or had money stolen and was heading home. Or do we know if she took another job in order to get more money? I wonder if the hotel has surveillance footage available from the day she was last seen?

Were the AC victims using Craigslist to get johns, or were they street-walkers?

The AC victims were streetwalkers very strung out and living day to day to support their habits. I don't think any of them had a place to spend the night consistently. Molly Dilts only had alcohol in her system. Barbara Breidor was said to be a "wild card" in that she did not frequent the Ocean Avenue strip and was from a wealthy family. Tracy Ann Roberts was healthy looking, more like a call girl than a streetwalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    The AC victims were streetwalkers very strung out and living day to day to support their habits. I don't think any of them had a place to spend the night consistently. Molly Dilts only had alcohol in her system. Barbara Breidor was said to be a "wild card" in that she did not frequent the Ocean Avenue strip and was from a wealthy family. Tracy Ann Roberts was healthy looking, more like a call girl than a streetwalker.
    I don't know much about the AC victims other than Molly's story really made me sad (parents died when she was young, not much of a childhood) and that Kim's drug of choice was crack. It sounds to me like they didn't really have a common drug that they used that could potentially link them to a dealer or group of users. Or am I missing something?

What was Maureen's drug of choice? Wasn't it cocaine? IIRC, she wasn't a known heroin user.

I can't find any information that she used drugs. One of her friends describes her as a sunny, happy, bubbly person.

Yes Maureen was the first to disappear, she disappeared June 14, 2007 (WRONG DATE).
    (ca 7 months after the 4 AC urdervictims were found Nov 20, 2006)

I belive Maureen was last seen at a 46th Street hotel in Manhattan.
    I want to correct myself:

Maureen Brainard-Barnes, 25 was last seen in Manhattan on July 9, 2007 NOT June 14, SORRY

Maureen was staying at this hotel (different names of the hotel below).

The hotel is located ca 0.6 miles east of Port Authority Bus Terminal
    The hotel is located ca 0.3 miles south/east of Time Square (Time Square is the location wherefrom the LISK made some of his phonecalls to MB's little sister in July/Aug 2009)

http://www.worldexecutive.com/locati...ork/39104.html

"Super 8"
    Address:
    59 West 46th Street
    New York City, NY 10036

The Hotel at Times Square Also Known As:
    Hotel At Times Square
    At Times Square Hotel
    Super 8 New York City
    Super 8 Times Square
    Super 8 Hotel Times Square
    Super Eight New York City
    Super 8 Hotel New York
    Super 8 New York
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    I can't find any information that she used drugs. One of her friends describes her as a sunny, happy, bubbly person.
    My personal feeling is that Maureen wasn't "robbed" that night, but rather burned in a drug deal. I can't post any link to support that theory, but I have VERY definite reasons for believing this.

MOO
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast