Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Melissa Barthelemy_____________________
2917714870045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

What do we know about Melissa?

By LIZ ROBBINS, New York Times
Published: January 26, 2011

Cellphone records for Ms. Barthelemy traced the calls, which were to her voice mail, to two motels near Massapequa — the Budget Inn and the Best Western, according to the law enforcement official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing.

[...]

Ms. Barthelemy’s family also told the police about a series of disturbing phone calls they received shortly after she disappeared, in which the caller accused Ms. Barthelemy of being a prostitute.

The police tracked the phone calls to locations in Times Square and Madison Square Garden, but the caller later turned off the phone, the official said.
article link

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/26/long-island-serial-killer_n_814169.html

Barthelemy had been living in the Bronx. Her parents filed a missing-persons report after her near-daily calls to them abruptly stopped. A few days after she was last seen, her sister received calls from her cell phone, and a man on the other end said she was a "*advertiser censored*," the official said.

In the days after the missing-persons report was made, New York City police tracked the cell phone signal to midtown Manhattan and searched the areas near Pennsylvania Station and the Port Authority bus terminal, but the signal went dead, the official said.

Melissa Barthelemy, who went by the working name Chloe, was last seen on July 12, 2009 sitting on the curb outside her apartment in The Bronx. According to her "boyfriend", Johnny Terry, earlier that evening Melissa had a lined up a "date" with a client for $1000 . Terry claims that he offered Melissa a ride, but that she was very secretive about this "date" and declined the offer.

Melissa Barthelemy was never seen again. However, phone records show that someone accessed Melissa's voice mail on the evening of her disappearance. Those calls were traced to a cell tower in Massapequa, NY.

Soon after Melissa's disappearance, her sister , Amanda , began to recieve calls from Melissa's cell phone. According to Amber, these were taunting calls from an "older, white man". The last call came on Aug. 26, with the caller telling Amanda that he had killed Melissa. Law enforcement traced the calls to cell towers in Times Square and Madison Square Garden, but the caller was never found.

According to Melissa's boyfriend, Johnny Terry, he too recieved taunting calls from someone he described as a "white guy".

"He said, you like to do some crazy stuff with Melissa, I know where you be at. Most of the time he seemed to be drunk. He knew who I was. He knew I had tattoos on my back. Maybe he felt [Melissa] was doing something he didn't like."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...ong-island-serial-killer-victims-secret-life/

"He said, you like to do some crazy stuff with Melissa, I know where you be at. Most of the time he seemed to be drunk. He knew who I was. He knew I had tattoos on my back. Maybe he felt [Melissa] was doing something he didn't like."

If this guy is telling this truth, this leads credence to either the stalker theory or the theory that the SK was 'courting' the girls for some time prior to their deaths.

From the link (emphasis added, mine):

[...]

They wanted to know about the john on Long Island. They asked if he could describe the house and if he could pick it out if he was taken there. He said he could.

"They already knew about the guy in Long Island," he said. "I said if they come to get me I would go. They didn't come."
:rolleyes:

I found a single ad for Melissa posting as chloe, under the one number. She advertised various services to include Domination/BDSM & Fetish/Role Play. She advertised as out call only, charging $100/15 min, $150 half hour, $250 hour, and $1000 overnight. Her pictures indicated she did car dates as well.

There was another ad under a different number with an image that resembled Melissa. The johns seemed to think it was her. However, I found other postings by the same individual after Melissa went missing, one as late as december of last year, thereby ruling that individual out.

Notably, Melissa is the only individual who advertised for BDSM sex dates. This strongly indicates the sex acts advertised were not what attracted the killer(s) to the victims.

In this Sep 6th 2009 newsreport MB's mother stated:

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/105331/missing-buffalo-native-last-seen-in-the-bronx/

Quote:

"The police have disclosed someone has my daughter," said the Barthemely's mother. "But I can't disclose more, but someone has my daughter."

That statement is probably based on that her mother and the police knew that a man was calling MB's little sister from MB's phone, but still an interesting statement that I havn't heard before.

In this Sep 6th 2009 newsreport MB's mother stated:

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/105331/missing-buffalo-native-last-seen-in-the-bronx/

Quote:

"The police have disclosed someone has my daughter," said the Barthemely's mother. "But I can't disclose more, but someone has my daughter."

That statement is probably based on that her mother and the police knew that a man was calling MB's little sister from MB's phone, but still an interesting statement that I havn't heard before.

IIRC the caller told the sister in August that he had killed her. But police had told the family not to reveal that information. So the mother may have said that knowing it wasn't true.

From the above link:

Lynn Barthelemy, the mother of Melissa Barthelemy, whose body was discovered on Gilgo Beach, also traveled to Long Island today. She says last month, she got a call from the coroner's office informing her that another part of her daughter's remains was recovered.

From the above link:

Lynn Barthelemy, the mother of Melissa Barthelemy, whose body was discovered on Gilgo Beach, also traveled to Long Island today. She says last month, she got a call from the coroner's office informing her that another part of her daughter's remains was recovered.

Thanks Shadow. Thought everyone could see the video.

Typed up the mothers quote:

She said, "Yes the coroners office called my phone and they told me that they found another part of my daughters remains and they identified it through DNA. And they wouldn't acknowledge as to where it was found or anything of that matter.

Thanks Shadow. Thought everyone could see the video.

Typed up the mothers quote:

She said, "Yes the coroners office called my phone and they told me that they found another part of my daughters remains and they identified it through DNA. And they wouldn't acknowledge as to where it was found or anything of that matter.

Thanks KPCrimeNY and Shadow...

I'm not at all familiar with the area or the wildlife that surrounds the location where they were originally found... and, I was was wondering what the possibility of an animal (or bird) getting a hold of a part Melissa and carrying that part away to another location would be... Since they were not buried and the burlap would be decomposing, possibly exposing her remains...

Even though her mother's statement seems to imply that she was dismemebered, I was just thinking of other scenarios... jmoo

Thanks KPCrimeNY and Shadow...

I'm not at all familiar with the area or the wildlife that surrounds the location where they were originally found... and, I was was wondering what the possibility of an animal (or bird) getting a hold of a part Melissa and carrying that part away to another location would be... Since they were not buried and the burlap would be decomposing, possibly exposing her remains...

Even though her mother's statement seems to imply that she was dismemebered, I was just thinking of other scenarios... jmoo

I am pretty sure that you would find Birds, Squirrels, Racoons and Possums in that area. Maybe someone else can add to that list for you.

But, If you take a look at this map (credit Shadowraiths) you will see the next set of remains that this makes any sense for would be between 4-6 miles in Nassau County. (

Which leads us to......
Maybe this is why Nassau remains have never been Identified??

Hey all. As they say, long time listener, fist time caller...as a mother, i just don't understand why MB's mom wouldn't insist on finding out where else her daughter's remains were found. That IS her daughter after all....I would NEVER let that go unsaid and I would come down here and hound the cops EVERY day for info....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth