1356 users online (199 members and 1157 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Labor day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by truthspider View Post
    Ill think about it, but honestly i dont remember earl well and i pray for hurricanes for waves, and usually remember where I was etc. Now if it was Irene that might tell us some thing.....
    Maybe he has ermengency services to provide during such events ...wink wink.
    And you can cross off boat use for anyone who still has it on their whiteboard.
    I think Thursday, Sept 2 being the beginning of a holiday weekend tells us more. Earl weakened quickly that day and by that Thursday night, Sept 2nd, reports already had been out that it was being downgraded to cat 1 on friday (rain).

Being the start of labor day weekend is interesting though, if you haev kids in college this is likely the weekend they head back, maybe the wife drives the kid back up to school so your whole weekend is free? He may want to catch his prey early (starts making those calls minutes after the wife pulls out of the driveway) so he has the long weekend to play his games....

It was "Hurricane Earl" and it seems that it didn´t hit Li until Friday Sep 3rd, 2010.
    (September 2, 2010 was thursday)

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/t...as0LZsXJIkYQeN

Tropical storm warning issued for Long Island and NJ
    POST WIRE SERVICES

Last Updated: 8:36 PM, September 2, 2010Posted: 5:30 AM, September 2, 2010

Quote (more in the link):

It's the calm before the storm.

Parts of eastern Long Island and New Jersey's shoreline are bracing for a massive storm this Labor Day weekend as Hurricane Earl continues to pack 125 mph winds as it makes its way up the East Coast, authorities warned today.

The National Weather Service issued a Tropical Storm Warning for the Long Island coast and portions of New Jersey since Earl has been downgraded to a Category 2 storm.

Nevertheless, the forecast for this weekend calls for 6- to 12-foot waves starting Friday with strong rip currents as the storm approaches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Earl_(2010)

The following Monday; Sep 6, was Labor Day
    Last edited by Theforeigner; 02-17-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: added Labor Day date
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me

Hmmm. I wonder if businesses cancelled work on Friday due to the expected storm?

Here's the hour by hour weather for Sept 3, 2010

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    Hmmm. I wonder if businesses cancelled work on Friday due to the expected storm?

Here's the hour by hour weather for Sept 3, 2010

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA

wm
    The storm didn't shut down anything, Friday was business as usual. We didn't even stop the ferry's to the beach that weekend.

thanks truthspider, the data didn't appear to show anything significant. I've rode out many a hurricane here in Hurricane alley south and work/school isn't cancelled til the very last minute. I wasn't sure about the drill on LI tho as every state varies in preparations. I appreciate the info.

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

HELLO MrsPC!!!

Great find on SY, but is he sleuthable? I found some things, but not sure if I should post. I REALLY like him as a POI...

tia

Quote Originally Posted by twocuriouscats View Post
    Great find on SY, but is he sleuthable? I found some things, but not sure if I should post. I REALLY like him as a POI...

tia
    Nope, not sleuthable. We did sleuth him and most of our comments were removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    Nope, not sleuthable. We did sleuth him and most of our comments were removed.
    Hi Redbird, thank you. I wondered why the posts stopped.

Why didn't KO (AC's sister who says they spoke all the time) or DS report Amber missing? That seems like the elephant in the room. Were they afraid of someone in particular? Did they do anything, between September and December to try to find out what happened to her?

New York Magazine
    A Serial Killer in Common
    By Robert Kolker
    Published May 29, 2011
    http://nymag.com/news/features/long-...-6/index4.html

"A few months before Amber disappeared, Overstreet persuaded Amber to enter a detox program at Nassau University Medical Center, but while Overstreet was caring for their sick father back in Wilmington, she says, Amber relapsed. “Her daily routine was she would get up, she would take the train into the city, cop, come back, set up a couple calls,” she says. Overstreet was in North Carolina and unable to help Amber this time. When she went missing, “I thought, Well, she probably just met someone who is getting high with her. Those were my exact words.” She didn’t file a missing-person report. “I knew,” she says, “it wouldn’t be taken seriously.”

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

There's likely a simple answer to this question, but I can't remember... so, I'm hoping someone will help me out!

Were ALC's and DS's phone records searched/traced? If so, had too much time elapsed and/or no report of ALC missing for this info to be of use?

TIA!

Bumping for Amber (who was on the 3rd page!).
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    Bumping for Amber (who was on the 3rd page!).
    Thank you so much for bringing more important discussions to the top!

I don't know what bearing this would have on this case, but the night that Amber went missing, Long Island was under a Hurricane Warning. A concert scheduled for September 3rd at Jones Beach was cancelled and the beach was closed as well.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2010/...-a-category-3/
    The law does not pretend to punish everything that is dishonest. That would seriously interfere with business.~Clarence Darrow.~

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast