1156 users online (209 members and 947 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 335
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    907
    Interesting information regarding the child victim:

    LongIslandPress.com
    New Details, Victim Sketches
    Released in Gilgo Murder Case
    Jaclyn Gallucci on September 20, 2011
    http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/...o-murder-case/

    "The unidentified child, found wrapped in a blanket is between 16 and 32 months of age and is related to one of the victims found near Jones Beach in Nassau County [she is not related to the woman found within yards of her (Jane Doe #6), who many had speculated could have been the child's mother, due to the close proximity in which their bodies were found] but both of their identities have yet to be determined, according to Dormer. She is described as “non-caucasian.” The link was made through DNA analysis, Dormer said."
    Last edited by Dwntwnslim; 02-26-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Msp

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    907
    Bumping for this thread.

    Does anyone have any new info on the Toddler?

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,320
    Nothing not even a composite sketch or a picture of the blanket has been issued.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    Before they perfect their horrific trade.*Most*serial killers*make mistakes in the beginning of their new*murderous careers. The Long Island serial killer is no different. Whether it be that a girl*got away from him; similar to a girl getting away from Gary Ridgeway, The Green River Killer,*or a girl getting away from Robert Picton, the infamous serial killer in British Columbia. The Long Island serial killer has made mistakes early on as well. One of those mistakes might have been having a known relationship with one of his first victims,*probably the one,*whose baby he killed. He separated the body parts of the mother miles away from where the baby was found. I believe this is because he can be connected to her and didn't want her found and identified.*Someone out there knows of their relationship. jeopardize himself and go through so much effort and trouble to get rid of the body?

    I found the above quote in a sticky thread started by imamaze called The serial killer detector...I think that we should try to find out who they are...but how? Any ideas? Some of u are excellent sleuth...me not so much...; )) How bout it? Im kinda limited on my cellphone. Could someone search the doenetwork or some other such site. The jewlery found on the vics are a clue. Somebody has to be missing a mother and child! Just a thought. Cant wait to see what ya'll can come up with!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,320
    A thought...LE could extract DNA from the toddler's remains and run it against those in the National Data Base.

    1. Have they (LE/ME) done this (run the toddler's DNA...or even entered it into the system in case in the future there might be someone who is convicted for some crime and when imputed there could be a hit/match?)

    2. Some of the pimps who have been arrested had to submit DNA. So, perhaps if the father is the killer his DNA is already on file due some previous violent offense/conviction.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Most of the time in the Midwest
    Posts
    2,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    Before they perfect their horrific trade.*Most*serial killers*make mistakes in the beginning of their new*murderous careers. The Long Island serial killer is no different. Whether it be that a girl*got away from him; similar to a girl getting away from Gary Ridgeway, The Green River Killer,*or a girl getting away from Robert Picton, the infamous serial killer in British Columbia. The Long Island serial killer has made mistakes early on as well. One of those mistakes might have been having a known relationship with one of his first victims,*probably the one,*whose baby he killed. He separated the body parts of the mother miles away from where the baby was found. I believe this is because he can be connected to her and didn't want her found and identified.*Someone out there knows of their relationship. jeopardize himself and go through so much effort and trouble to get rid of the body?

    I found the above quote in a sticky thread started by imamaze called The serial killer detector...I think that we should try to find out who they are...but how? Any ideas? Some of u are excellent sleuth...me not so much...; )) How bout it? Im kinda limited on my cellphone. Could someone search the doenetwork or some other such site. The jewlery found on the vics are a clue. Somebody has to be missing a mother and child! Just a thought. Cant wait to see what ya'll can come up with!
    The usual mistake is rather, that they kill someone with a connection at first. The "escaping victim" scenario happens more often late in their careers when they get sloppy at the beginning of the spiral down. For example, Bundy attacked in Washington State first a girl known mostly as Joni Lentz (since the victim survived, her real name is protected, JL is a pseudonym, writer Anne Rule gave her). JL was a class mate of his cousin, he knew her from seeing. In the LISK case, this would either lead us to JD6 if you believe, Manorville and LISK are the same person or to MBB if you think, they are two.
    Sometimes, being a squirrel can be a real nutjob!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    I think it's important to keep talking about the baby . Why isnt the national media all over this ? It could lead to a break in this case. What can be done to get the baby on NG? Any ideas?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    I think it's important to keep talking about the baby . Why isnt the national media all over this ? It could lead to a break in this case. What can be done to get the baby on NG? Any ideas?
    The mom's torso was found in Manorville in November 2000. Her skull, arms and legs were found at Jones Beach. A few weeks ago, I looked into parental abductions cases and found Yvette Tores/Sabrena Beck (child). What stood out to me was that it mentions Sabrena had her ears pierced. Yvette was last seen in Hauppage (same town Melissa Waterman was last seen alive). I've called in this tip to Suffolk Co Homicide and was told that an investigator would look into it.

    If this mom was leaving her husband, she may have resorted to something drastic to financially care for her daughter, including having her daughter with her to meet a john.

    http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/parent

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterymom7 View Post
    The mom's torso was found in Manorville in November 2000. Her skull, arms and legs were found at Jones Beach. A few weeks ago, I looked into parental abductions cases and found Yvette Tores/Sabrena Beck (child). What stood out to me was that it mentions Sabrena had her ears pierced. Yvette was last seen in Hauppage (same town Melissa Waterman was last seen alive). I've called in this tip to Suffolk Co Homicide and was told that an investigator would look into it.

    If this mom was leaving her husband, she may have resorted to something drastic to financially care for her daughter, including having her daughter with her to meet a john.

    http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/parent
    Great sleuthing! I'm hoping and praying that LE looks into this. Keep on them about it and sleuth on!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    Great sleuthing! I'm hoping and praying that LE looks into this. Keep on them about it and sleuth on!
    I figure I'll put a call in next week to check up on it. Then it will have been about a month. That's ample time, right?

    To me, it made sense looking for a missing child to connect to the mom instead of the other way around. It would also make sense that mom hasn't been identified if LE was looking at the prostitute angle instead of the child angle. Mom's sketch has been published, but not for the child. If the mom was with her child, it would make the most sense that it was labeled a parental abduction.


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterymom7 View Post
    The mom's torso was found in Manorville in November 2000. Her skull, arms and legs were found at Jones Beach. A few weeks ago, I looked into parental abductions cases and found Yvette Tores/Sabrena Beck (child). What stood out to me was that it mentions Sabrena had her ears pierced. Yvette was last seen in Hauppage (same town Melissa Waterman was last seen alive). I've called in this tip to Suffolk Co Homicide and was told that an investigator would look into it.

    If this mom was leaving her husband, she may have resorted to something drastic to financially care for her daughter, including having her daughter with her to meet a john.

    http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/parent

    Question...If it turns out to be them, would the FBI then have to become involved in these murders simply because she is wanted by the FBI?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterymom7 View Post
    I figure I'll put a call in next week to check up on it. Then it will have been about a month. That's ample time, right?

    To me, it made sense looking for a missing child to connect to the mom instead of the other way around. It would also make sense that mom hasn't been identified if LE was looking at the prostitute angle instead of the child angle. Mom's sketch has been published, but not for the child. If the mom was with her child, it would make the most sense that it was labeled a parental abduction.
    Makes perfect sense to me. Yvette may not have returned with her child...well...not because she didn't want to...but because she couldn't! When you said there is a sketch of mom...did you mean Jane doe mom...or Yvette...if you meant Jane doe mom...do you have a link to the sketch? Does it resemble the picture of Yvette that's on the FBI's most wanted poster?

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-20/j...?_s=PM:JUSTICE

    Is this a sketch of jane doe mom? Sure looks as if she could be a match to Yvette!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    Dormer said the woman likely would have last been seen alive in late summer or early fall 2000,
    http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-20/j...?_s=PM:JUSTICE

    Torres failed to return her daughter on July 1st 2000
    http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/parent/yvette-torres/view

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-20/j...?_s=PM:JUSTICE

    Is this a sketch of jane doe mom? Sure looks as if she could be a match to Yvette!
    Height, (within 2 inches) age (within two years) weight? (was a weight given for jane doe 6? ) Fits her stature? Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I guess they would be able to do DNA right?

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY KS - Ashleigh Geist for child rape, Olathe, 2012
    By peeples in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-31-2015, 03:00 PM
  2. HSI Child Exploitation Victim Identification Program
    By HSI Victim ID in forum General Information & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 04:35 AM
  3. AL - Child Rapist Curses Victim's Father
    By Filly in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 01:40 PM
  4. CA - Child Porn Victim: Tips Not Followed
    By ihadcabinfever in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 08:37 PM

Tags for this Thread