1136 users online (100 members and 1036 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
    I couldn't find an update on that one Dingo... thanks
    Thank you for digging cases up
    This is not MSM, but since it's from the DA's office, I assume it's safe to link to it:
    http://www.co.hunterdon.nj.us/prosec...sRndValley.pdf

Apparently a lot of people have gone missing IN the lake over the years. I guess the 6 being referred to by the DA are people who went missing off boats or in the lake and have never been found. Too early to know is this may be one of those.

Oops, that link above still says "remains". Here's a media link that says "foot" and quotes the DA. It also mentions a body pulled out of that lake in March. I think I'd avoid that place! http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/hunt...n_remains.html
    Last edited by rotten dingo; 06-12-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: add link

It sure does Peter.

I came across this yesterday and wasn't going to include it here do to the distance. Upon bringing up a map I see that distance is much shorter than I thought so here it is.

It's a news story about a fisherman hooking partial remains in NJ recently. I haven't found any updates yet.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/the...-1226355995318
    Not much in the article, but it's only roughly three weeks ago
    Sometimes, being a squirrel can be a real nutjob!

Quote Originally Posted by rotten dingo View Post
    Thank you for digging cases up
    This is not MSM, but since it's from the DA's office, I assume it's safe to link to it:
    http://www.co.hunterdon.nj.us/prosec...sRndValley.pdf

Apparently a lot of people have gone missing IN the lake over the years. I guess the 6 being referred to by the DA are people who went missing off boats or in the lake and have never been found. Too early to know is this may be one of those.

Oops, that link above still says "remains". Here's a media link that says "foot" and quotes the DA. It also mentions a body pulled out of that lake in March. I think I'd avoid that place! http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/hunt...n_remains.html
    Okay, foot in a boot, that looks rather like accident or a complete body which is now going to pieces due to decomposition.

Remains in boot we are discussing.

<modsnip>

http://cdn.stripersonline.com/d/d4/7...IMG959738.jpeg

Hope this isn't against the board rules.
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 06-12-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: ALERT--link goes DIRECT to graphic photo of remains!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PickleChris View Post
    Remains in boot we are discussing.

<modsnip>

http://cdn.stripersonline.com/d/d4/7...IMG959738.jpeg

Hope this isn't against the board rules.
    My eyes are not as they should be.So, is that the upper end of an ankle, some remains of tissue or something growing on them? It's not quite skeletal and it doesn't look green to me (as in algae). Can someone with better eyes help me out here?

Peter
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 06-12-2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Quoted edited post. WARNING: Link goes DIRECT to graphic photo of remains.

Time to drag that lake... If six people have gone missing ther, I wonder why they haven't?

Looks like algae growing on the talus but I'm not a doctor or a biologist.

The tactic of scattering the parts is a good one. Much harder to find than a complete body.
    I'm willing to bet there are many more dismembered victims yet to be found.
    When I'm driving on LI roads I'm tempted to get out and investigate every bag I see on the side of the road becuase it seems to be such a popular means of disposal around here.
    I'll do some more digging - but I think as far as parts that have been found, you guys have done a great job of locating those reports. Much smarter than me because I've been going at this alone for a year and 1/2 and didn't come up with nearly the list you guys have come up with.
    I think there will be a break soon...... call it an educated hunch but one of these guys is about to slip up.
    I m with you with checking black garbage bags on the side of the road!espeacially when there are 3 in a row and then none.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny9 View Post
    I m with you with checking black garbage bags on the side of the road!espeacially when there are 3 in a row and then none.
    Now I have this bad picture of a guy squeezing body parts to make them fit in TWO bags ... really nice

I don't know about you but when I see those bags I am looking for money. The Highway Clean-up vols pick up the trash and leave it in bags for a truck to come by.

I think most would be shocked if they knew how many bodies are out there. My guess is in the hundreds.

We were looking for a missing 13 yr old in a swampy area similar to OB. Hand to hand searches were done in a grid pattern. When winter cleared the brush a body was found just where we looked. We thought it was the kid. Nope. it was someone else and it must have been there when we looked for the girl.

We were looking for a 12 year old boy in that same swamp area. A cop came across a small truck dumped in the area. When he jumped over into the truck he spotted the kid's body. It was more an accident than a good find. We knew who did it and he wouldn't confess until we came back with the body. He then confessed in 5 minutes. No body and no confession.

The 13 year old girl named Antonella Mattina was found more than 40 miles from her home on the Taconic Parkway more than 3 years later by a person that just happened to be walking in the area.

The cops wrongfully put a nephew of a congressman on their suspect list. Those that ran the case wouldn't budge an inch off of that theory. The kid's uncle is a congressman and a lawyer, and, of course, he gave his nephew advice any uncle/lawyer would give: Don't talk to the police. That case is still unsolved to this day. I don't think the kid did it anyway. But the investigation went into a stalemate because some obstinate detectives ran the case.

It is mostly about getting a lot of luck and a lot of hard work to know when you find it.

There was a very famous double murder case of two career girls living in Manhattan. That case would be the case the Kojak series was created on.

A Brooklyn detective arrested a guy named George Whitmore. There was a long confession produced by the detective from Whitmore. The Chief of Detectives went public and said WE GOT OUR MAN.

THE MANHATTAN DA had other ideas. He put a very bright young ADA on the case. We eventually got the real killer. He was given a polygraph by one of the only examiners in the PD, Det.Nat Laurendi. Whitmore was cut loose and the real killer was arrested and convicted of that crime. Det.Laurendi and ADA Mel Glass were never forgiven for upsetting the case against Whitmore. It meant nothing to some people in the DA office that had the case that the wrong man was convicted and the killer would remain free.

Years later and when Hogan died, Morgenthau became the DA. The ADA that had the case was now very high up on the food chain. He manuvered having his friend, a police inspector assigned as the new commanding officer of a legacy that lasted more than 30 years. The first detective that got transferred out of the office with the new regime was Nat Laurendi.

The ADA wanted Nat out of the office so bad that he allowed him to take all of his equipement with him. Nat then retired and became a very succesful polygrapher. The ADA is now a senior federal judge in the SDNY. Glass went on to become a NYC Criminal Judge in Queens and never forgave those that had a grudge against him.

If you think these cases are easy to solve, think again. The enemies the cops have to confront is within the PD and DA offices. In Suffolk County it is 10x worse.

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Hi all,

Please let's keep this thread focused on the original poster's theme.

Also, while we are all accustomed to discussing and even seeing some very grisly things in these threads, it's appreciated if you provide a clear content warning and "hide" graphic photos behind a link, so that those who wish to skip such images can do so easily.

You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

It sure does Peter.

I came across this yesterday and wasn't going to include it here do to the distance. Upon bringing up a map I see that distance is much shorter than I thought so here it is.

It's a news story about a fisherman hooking partial remains in NJ recently. I haven't found any updates yet.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/the...-1226355995318
    That would be an unpleasant surprise.

Thanks for all your hard work, Redbird! Wow.
    Last edited by susan1122; 06-12-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkshaw View Post

If you think these cases are easy to solve, think again. The enemies the cops have to confront is within the PD and DA offices. In Suffolk County it is 10x worse.
    I don't have any inside knowledge and don't even know the facts surrounding the politics in this case, but I have a strong feeling that you are right. It is frustrating and scary.

Sorry if this is OT!

Susan, I write my War Stories, not because I enjoy telling them and to prove how smart I am. I write them to enlighten the non LE as to what goes on in a complicated investigation. And, yes, I do enjoy writing about something when I think I have something to say. I have just seen too many cases not to have an opinion how such cases are investigated.

I have witnessed SCPD and The DA in ACTION. I know what they are capable of doing - most anything to protect themselves from scandal.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast