Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
While there are mixed opinions with regard to Shannan's relationship to this case, we do know that, had she not made the 911 call, and had not her family's persistence in finding their loved one missing, these other murdered victims may never have been found. ( link ) Now, it certainly may turn out Shannan's case is completely unrelated to these. Then again, in light of proximity, the fact that she also used craigslist, and the odd witness accounts? What's that old saying? Imnsho, that's not a coincidence. that's a pattern.

That said, Shannan's missing person's thread contains useful info along with photos ( link ). There's also a wealth of information on the site set up by/for her family regarding both her case as well as the cases of the other victims. ( link )

Published: Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 9:56 PM Updated: Thursday, December 16, 2010, 1:25 PM
Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal By Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal

The man who drove the missing 24-year-old Jersey City prostitute to her client in Oak Beach, Long Island on May 1 -- the day she went missing -- said today she was "delirious" and "irrational" when she made a 23-minute 911 call from the john's house.

Another man, the boyfriend of Shannon Maria Gilbert, told The Jersey Journal today that he initially thought Gilbert, of Christopher Columbus Drive in Jersey City, had left him when she didn't return home.

When he realized she had gone missing, he was devastated, he said.

Suffolk County police and the FBI are investigating whether Gilbert is one of four decomposed female bodies discovered in recent days along a desolate stretch of Ocean Parkway between Cedar Beach and West Gilgo Beach in Babylon, Long Island.
article link

Saturday, April 16, 2011
By SUMMER DAWN HORTILLOSA
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Almost a year after Jersey City's Shannan Gilbert vanished, her boyfriend [redacted] still thinks about her every day.

"I really don't think I'll be able to move on until they've found her," he said. "It's hard when you've got no closure."

[redacted], who closely follows the police investigation of Gilbert's disappearance, does not think that Gilbert fell victim to a serial killer, as authorities suspect.

article link

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 9:46 PM on 16th December 2010

FBI agents investigating the disappearance of prostitute Shannon Gilbert swarmed the home of a Long Island man last night who is thought to be the last person to see her alive.

The two-story home of [redacted] was searched by Suffolk police who are investigating the deaths of four women whose bodies were found dumped in the area.

The exclusive Oak Beach neighbourhood is just three miles from where the skeletal remains of the unidentified women were found on a desolate stretch of beach.

article link

NBC New York
April 6, 2011

Shannan Gilbert was last seen alive on May 1. Authorities have uncovered eight bodies so far in their search for her, and suspect she may be the victim of a serial killer.

video link

ABC Local
Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The day after her disappearance, Gilbert's mother says she received a strange phone call from a doctor who lives nearby, saying Shannan had been in his house the day she disappeared.

"He called me on the phone. He said he had a halfway house and that Shannon was there," she explained. "She wanted to be off the streets and he was trying to help her."

When we asked [redacted] about the story, he said he didn't say Shannon was in his house.

"Of course not. That's ridiculous," he said.

[redacted] is a former head of Suffolk County Emergency Medical Services and a former police surgeon who lives in the area where Gilbert was last seen, after visiting with a client.

[redacted] denies ever meeting Shannan Gilbert, but he says police have interviewed him about the case two or three times. He wouldn't say what about.
video link

NB: PH interviewed

Wed Apr 13, 9:18AM PT - CBS 2 New York 1:40

CBS2's Kristin Thorne reports from Hemlock Cove on Long Island.
video link

A New Angle In The L.I. Bodies Investigation
Wed, Apr 13, 2011 4:07 AM IST - CBS 2 New York 2:18

Police recently questioned [redacted], who says he tried to help missing prostitute Shannan Gilbert on the night police said she disappeared. CBS 2's Jennifer McLogan reports.

video link

By Allan Chernoff, CNN
April 14, 2011 -- Updated 1610 GMT (0010 HKT)

It was about 5 a.m. when [redacted], 75, says he heard a knock on the door of his home on the barrier island hamlet of Oak Beach, New York.

After the woman dashed away from his house, [redacted] says, she hid under his boat, elevated and parked on his lawn, as an SUV drove up. [redacted] says he walked up to the vehicle and questioned the driver, whom he described a slim Asian man weighing about 150 pounds.

"I went down, and I stopped him, and I said, 'Where do you think you're going?' " recalled [redacted].

The man said he was searching for the woman because she had left a party upset, and he was trying to find her to bring her back to the house, according to [redacted] .

"I says, 'I already called the police. Stay right here.' He says, 'Oh, you shouldn't have done that. She's going to be into a lot of trouble.' I says, 'So are you,' " [redacted] recalled.

article/video link

NB: GC interviewed

Rob Hoell wpix.com
5:59 p.m. EST, December 17, 2010
OAK BEACH, NY—
It was front page news when it was learned that [redacted] was the man who met Shannan Gilbert on Craigslist and arranged a meeting with her at his Oak Beach home.
video/article link

NB: JB interviewed

ABC Good Morning America
Excerpt (s.36 : ep.76)|03:25

[ame="http://www.hulu.com/watch/232413/abc-good-morning-america-long-island-serial-killer-manhunt"]Hulu - ABC Good Morning America: Long Island Serial Killer Manhunt@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.hulu.com/embed/w96qdrrfIsjJoOwj-JfJvQ@@AMEPARAM@@w96qdrrfIsjJoOwj-JfJvQ[/ame]

NB: Mrs. PH interviewed

video link

NB: PH interviewed, standing in doorway, leaning on rail

Updated at 06:16 PM today

When asked what it is like to be in Oak Beach today, Gilbert said, "Creepy. Really creepy. It's not pretty. It's not beautiful. This place is really evil."

[...]

It's the lack of answers the Gilberts say frustrates them the most and even on such a bright, brilliant day, Mari says Oak Beach is a very dark place.

And for now she's left with handmade posters, prayers and a stark promise; her search will never end.

"No matter how long it takes or what it takes, I'm going to bring her home, I'm going to bring her home," Gilbert insists.
article link

Cross post to make this easier to find, if needed, later.

Posted on April 26, 2011 07:37 AM
GM everyone!

The FindShannanGilbert.com website has interesting things on there:

One question that was brought up was, "Why is the gated community’s security videotape missing from that night of Shannan’s disappearance?"
Is that true?? I've been waiting to hear results on what they saw on those tapes. This is the first time I'm hearing that the tape from that night is missing! This case is full of coincidences, but if it's true- that the tapes from that specific night are missing, that doesn't seem like just a coincidence.

Now the driver, Mr. Pak - 41 years old
The site asks, "Why did he leave the area and move to Georgia?"I thought JB's friend (drifter) was the one to move to Georgia? The driver moved to Georgia?

ALSO!

Shannan’s Phone Records:

DATE TIME PHONE # DESTINATION MINUTES USED OWNER

05/01/10 4:51 AM 911-000-0000 Emergency, 23
05/01/10 4:09 AM NEW YORK,NY 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:15 AM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:13 AM Incoming, 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:04 AM NEW YORK,NY 6 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:00 AM Incoming, 3 Michael Pak
05/01/10 2:57 AM NEW YORK,NY 3 Michael Pak
05/01/10 2:55 AM BABYLON,NY 1 Oak Beach CVS
(460 MONTAUK HIGHWAY WEST ISLIP, NY11795)
05/01/10 12:25 AM NEW YORK,NY 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 12:23 AM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak
05/01/10 12:20 AM NEW YORK,NY 3 Michael Pak
04/30/10 10:02 PM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak

Also, in the middle of the phone records, it seems like they called or stopped at the CVS? In the beginning there was speculation of Shannan meeting Brewer somewhere else and then he drove her the rest of the way, Maybe this is where Brewer had picked Shannan up?

Excellent article with alot of background information of Shannan Gilbert.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/gilbert-vanishing-reaches-one-year-mark-1.2849214

Thanks for posting this link MKat. I've been looking for it because it included Shannan's DOB and place of birth. I requested a chart for Shannan on the forensic astrology forum.

I don't always understand the astro lingo but have been impressed with the accuracy of our WS astrologers charts. Kudos to them for the time and work involved in charting cases in a effort to find the missing!

WS Rocks:rocker:

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members