GUILTY Canada - Man, 45, for twice impregnating young daughter, Regina, 2005

Missizzy

Reaction score
Six years. Let's all say it together. Six years. For twice impregnating a young daughter. I'm almost speechless. This is a deterrent? Not OK.

http://www.canada.com/news/Father+gets+years+twice+impregnating+young+daughter/4679194/story.html

Father gets six years for twice impregnating young daughter

"REGINA — In August 2004, a 12-year-old girl came into the Regina General Hospital in advanced labour, giving birth to a son the following day. Hospital staff became suspicious both because of the girl's young age and because she didn't provide the name of the father.

Rumours began swirling that the father of the baby was also, in fact, the girl's father, and so began a police investigation that resulted finally on Tuesday in a six-year sentence for the father on a charge of sexual assault....."

and

The 45-year-old man — who can't be named to prevent identifying the victim, his biological daughter — entered the guilty plea Tuesday at Regina Provincial Court in relation to assaults on the girl that eventually resulted in the birth of that child and a second just over a year later...."

and

"....she eventually admitted her father had given her alcohol and then had sex with her [NOT HAD SEX WITH HER--RAPED HER], resulting in the two pregnancies...."

and

"....the matter took such a long time to come to a conclusion because of lack of co-operation from the girl, her father and her father's family — some of whom helped hide him from police for lengthy periods of time...."

and

"....Police interviewed the girl again in October of 2005, at which time she finally broke down and admitted the truth — that her father and she had sex and the pregnancy had resulted. By that time, the girl was already pregnant again, with her second child by her father. At age 14, in December of 2005, she gave birth to a second son.

In addition to the prison term, the man will be placed on the sex-offender registry for 20 years, must provide a DNA sample for the national databank and is subject to a 10-year firearms prohibition....."

more at link

Just dandy...he can't own a gun. He already owns something far more devastating, IMO.

I appreciate you calling it RAPE instead of "sex" as the article does.

because of lack of co-operation from the girl"

WHY does cooperation of the girl matter??
They had DNA tests from the 2 kids.....

This is one of the most outrageous sentences I've ever seen. Six years seems like a slap in the face to the victim and to the citizens of Regina. ITA, Peeples, the victim's non-cooperation means nil as the poor girl has been indoctrinated her entire life. If my math is correct, she'd still be a teen.....with two young children.

Just so everyone knows, I always send an email to the reporter of an article which uses inappropriate language in describing a sexual assault. Children don't "have sex" or sexual relationships. Rape is rape.

Canada you have disgusted me this morning! Ugghhh twice?!? This poor girl to endure all this and then to know that her own family hide this man so he would not be prosecuted! Just disgusting!

This is one of the most outrageous sentences I've ever seen. Six years seems like a slap in the face to the victim and to the citizens of Regina. ITA, Peeples, the victim's non-cooperation means nil as the poor girl has been indoctrinated her entire life. If my math is correct, she'd still be a teen.....with two young children.

Just so everyone knows, I always send an email to the reporter of an article which uses inappropriate language in describing a sexual assault. Children don't "have sex" or sexual relationships. Rape is rape.

Thanks is not enough.

6 years is just heartbreaking. Poor BABY girl!

Just wanted to point out that there are two more victims in this case. Can you imagine the feelings of the children when they learn that their father is also their grandfather? And how their conception occurred? I do consider them victims too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back