1253 users online (250 members and 1003 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

scuffmark on wall/suitcase

Does anyone know when the Ramseys had the basement painted? I ask this because of the scuff mark on the wall. Steve Thomas is questioning John about the last time he went through the basement window.

NE page 133...

ST: Tom, let me just ask John this. Do you sit down and slide through, buttocks first if you will, through a window like that or, do you recall how you went through the actual window, John?

JR: I don't...remember. Seems like, I mean, I don't remember, but I think I would probably have gone in feet first.

ST: Feet first backwards?

JR: Yeah.

ST: And when you went through in your underwear, were you wearing shoes...?

JR: I still had my shoes on, yeah.

ST: And were those with a suit, were they business shoes?

JR: They were probably, probably those shoes.

ST: Okay. And what are those shoes?

JR: Business shoes...shoes that I wear with a suit, just a pair of business shoes, dress shoes.

Okay....if the Ramseys had not painted their basement after the summer of 1996, then it is possible that John is responsible for the scuff mark on the wall under the basement window.

And then John talks about the suitcase. I believe they both claimed that it belonged to JAR. But this is what John says about the suitcase that kind of raised an eyebrow.

NE: page 128

JR: Because (there) was a new Samsonite suitcase sitting right under the window,...

Okay, maybe I'm reading it all wrong but John said it was a NEW suitcase?
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

So what has been discovered as evidence of an intruder really is not.

HI-TEK bootprint belongs to Burke.

Hair belongs to Melinda.

Scuff mark under basement window belonging to John.

Palm print on wine cellar door belongs to Patsy.

Pineapple belongs to Ramseys.

Ransom Note pad and pen belonging to Ramseys.

Swiss Army knife belongs to Burke

Paring knife belongs to Ramseys.

Flashlight belongs to John.

So...let's say that that leaves the duct tape and cord. Let's presume that it is a real kidnapping. Duct tape and cord is all the kidnapper needs...but OOPS, he forgets the ransom note. So what does this foreign faction kidnapper do instead? He decides that he wants to molest the victim, strangle her and hit her over the head? Then he decides to write a ransom letter to John?

WHY? Did JonBenet recognize the foreign faction kidnapper?

Now John wants to know WHY....not WHO!
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

Good questions Toltec! I think John could have been responsible for that scuffmark as well. Remember he was sneaking into the house in the dark...like that makes sense anyway, so I don't think he would know if he had scuffed the wall or not when he did.

I think you have something switched. Wasn't it reported to be Melinda's palmprint & Patsy's hair? The hair was supposedly from her arm or something?

As for the suitcase I don't know. I would consider any suitcase under a few years old to be "new". Maybe the word was used subjectively.

I remember reading it was Patsy's arm hair and Melinda's palm print on the door jam.
    IN MY OPINION

Tol can you give me a source, for Burke BEING the owner of the Hi tec Boots?
    Thanks in advance,
    Socks
    Just my opinion

Wasn't that reported in the same article as the arm hair and palmprint? If I remember correctly the article said this info came from a "source" not from BPD or DA's office...I seem to remember it being in the Daily Camera...

Before I think about all of this,I am concerned about the police giving out information for so many months saying, NO ONE could fit through that window. It follows "No footprints in the snow",why were they so free to start a media frenzy that would implicate the Ramseys ,when they KNEW both of these statements were false.
    JMO IMO

Originally posted by SisterSocks
    Tol can you give me a source, for Burke BEING the owner of the Hi tec Boots?
    Thanks in advance,
    Socks
    Didn't that come out in a John Ramsey deposition? Or maybe it was his interview in Atlanta, August 2000... something like that.
    The intruder is innocent! JMO

Originally posted by sissi
    ...I am concerned about the police giving out information for so many months saying, NO ONE could fit through that window.
    Actually, it wasn't that no one could fit through the window. It was that no one could fit through the window and leave no trace of having been there. It was too small not to have left physical evidence of squeezing through it - y'know, like fibers, swipe marks, fresh tracking from outside, etc.
    The intruder is innocent! JMO

A simple test of John's shoes to the skuff mark would have answered this question, and of course was one of many things NOT done in this case. Given the fact that the Ramsey's didn't even bother to fix the broken window, the chances are very good that this scuff mark belongs to John

LOL what do you want to bet those shoes were stollen by the Ramsey's second intruder along with Patsy's fake jewelry?

Toltec: JR: Because (there) was a new Samsonite suitcase sitting right under the window,...

Okay, maybe I'm reading it all wrong but John said it was a NEW suitcase?

Ned; So many things about this case, I keep missing, perhaps that is why it is such a challenge after all these years LOL
    Never read that John stated it was a NEW suitcase. IN fact I thought it was an older model. Funny John can remember if the suitcase was new or not, but can't remember the exact events of that morning.

This brings me to several questions. If it was NEW and JAR was still in Georgia, why didn't he have the suitcase with him? And if it was new and not being used, why wouldn't the Ramsey's have packed it for the trip to Mich.? As i have stated many many times before this suitcase is a HUGE clue in this case and most certainly IMO holds the key to the marks on JB's back and face. New American Touristor suitcase, so let me go and research 1995-1996 cases be back

The Ramsey's suitcase was similar to this one shown here:
    javascript:update('http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/00/c1/73/01_1.JPG',%202,%20false);

Unfortunatly you cannot see the other side of that divider in the second shot. The suitcase I had found in a thrift store, when flipped over there was a buckle with flat prongs, which I believe made the marks to JB's back. I cannot prove this of course without a suitcase to compare and have yet to be able to return to this thrift shop to buy it. I have asked before, but now that we have new posters, does anyone have a American Touristor/Samsonite suitcase. FYI Samsonite bought out American Touristor I had found out in my first search efforts. The Ramsey's bag actually has an American Touristor logo on it.

Look closely at the two clasp marks at the top of that case above, even if JB was laid over the suitcase could it be possible to leave imprint marks like those on her back? I believe so

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=11236

The suitcase measures about 27 1/2" x 18 3/4" x 8".

On the inside there is a elastic pouch on the side. On the other side is a zippered removable pouch. In the center are two cloth ties. This suitcase measures about 24" x 16" x 7".

This is closer to the case that the Ramsey's owned, however, this case is missing the straps that I had observed in the Touristor case in the Thrift shop. The clasp on the buckle was approximately the same distance across as the marks on JB's back. I pushed the buckle into my arm hoping that upon arriving at home an hour later they would still be present to measure. The had disappeared, however I wonder in a child that was dead or had been lying on the buckle for quite some time, would the marks disappear? Now I once had all the information regarding the measurements of the suitcase, but it is all stored away on CD's now and finding it would take days. Since I know first hand that a child JB's age would fit inside the case, due to my experiement, does anyone know off hand the measurements? Tlynn and Britt are always good for digging up info? How bout it Britt?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast