723 users online (104 members and 619 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Kendale Lakes, Blk/WhtFemale UP6511, 30-50, found in a field, July'73

On July 13, 1973 the skeletal remains of a WF with possible mixed African American ancestry was found in a field. as per Namus she was estimated to be between 55-65 y.o., 5'4" and 115 lbs. no date of death is estimated.

dental information is blank. there was no hair color noted but she was found with a brown wig and a Timex watch.

https://identifyus.org/cases/6511
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-13-2013 at 08:05 PM.

this missing woman caught my attention, Kathaleen Elizabeth Folk-Hine. Per her Nampn profile she was last seen in Manatee County, FL on January 15, 1972. She was then 51 y.o., 5'3" and between 110-125 lbs.

she had a partial lower denture plate and of greater interest Kathaleen "wears a wig due to a hereditary hair deformity" and her hair color was listed as brown. she was also noted as having a tanned complexion and was supposedly wearing a watch with a black band (no brand name listed).

http://www.nampn.org/cases/hine_kathaleen.html

Namus profile says nothing about the wig:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4388/0/

As per Charley Project, you get the distinct impression her husband caused her harm and never reported her missing:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...kathaleen.html

you have a woman in the same approximate age range as the UID, same state, time frame of one year from her disappearing to the date the skeleton was discovered, the presence of a brown wig, and Kathaleen was noted as having a tanned complexion, so it is not certain if that was just from being in the sun or whether there was any racial/ethnic component to it.
    Last edited by webrocket; 04-30-2011 at 10:34 PM. Reason: opinions

Another thing that matches, or is close, is the watch with the black band.

There's not a lot to go on, but this does look promising.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Kathaleen is a viable possible match. A few things to look into:
    Kathaleen is listed as having especially small feet, a size 4-5. Does this match up with the mocassins found with the UID? Kathleen is also listed as having arthritis in her back. Does the UID have any signs of arthritis in the same area? I would definitely inquire with the person currently assigned to Kathaleens MP case. The shoe size and arthritis may be able to rule out or for LE to look further into dentals or seeing about obtaining a family dna sample. Good find webrocket!
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Manatee County is on the gulf coast. IIRC it is north west of and not too far from Tampa. It's a bit of a ways from Miami Dade County but it is possible her husband, if responsible, could have transported her to Miami Dade County.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

There's enough there that it should be looked at. Her height is within an inch. Her weight is good, her age is close enough, the timeline is good, she wore a wig, and you have a fairly similar watch description.

Too bad they didn't provide dental info, but with what you have, it's worth kicking off an e-mail.

I sent an email to Sandra Boyd at the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner's office and to Anthony Falsetti, who is the case manager for Kathaleen Elizabeth Folk-Hine missing person's case advising them of the potential match.

having heard nothing back and noting that Kathaleen is not on the rule out list, I sent a follow up email today.

if at first you don't succeed. I sent a second follow up on this one today.

I know from other threads that Sandra Boyd has responded to other inquiries. I was not that fortunate.

does anyone here have some sort of rapport with Ms. Boyd that might get her attention to look at this possible match? it is not everyday we find a missing person and a UID with brown wigs.

I finally got a response from Sandra Boyd. she indicated that any match would have been picked up by Codis.

I looked back at the MP profile and it did not say what DNA tests were done or who the custodian was. I thanked Ms. Boyd for her response and simply indicated that for Kathaleen Folkk-Hine it was not clear where the DNA results were kept.

Kathaleen's name is now officially on the rule out list.

https://identifyus.org/cases/6511

Three exclusions:
    First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Lynn Bandringa 1945 California
    Kathaleen Folk-Hine 1920 Florida
    Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois

The following fractures are noted: Healing right side mandibular fracture, fracture of right zygomatic arch, fracture of left ribs 5-7 and 10-11, fracture of right ribs 7 and 10, healed fracture of left maxilla

Which sounds like domestic violence is a real possibility.

I also don't see the mention of possible AA admixture any more.

Zygomatic arch is the part of the cheekbone nearest the ear, per Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zygomatic_arch