FL FL - Kendale Lakes, WhtFem 30-50, UP6511, near horse skeleton, wore dentures, wig, clothes, July'73

webrocket

Reaction score
On July 13, 1973 the skeletal remains of a WF with possible mixed African American ancestry was found in a field. as per Namus she was estimated to be between 55-65 y.o., 5'4" and 115 lbs. no date of death is estimated.

dental information is blank. there was no hair color noted but she was found with a brown wig and a Timex watch.

https://identifyus.org/cases/6511

this missing woman caught my attention, Kathaleen Elizabeth Folk-Hine. Per her Nampn profile she was last seen in Manatee County, FL on January 15, 1972. She was then 51 y.o., 5'3" and between 110-125 lbs.

she had a partial lower denture plate and of greater interest Kathaleen "wears a wig due to a hereditary hair deformity" and her hair color was listed as brown. she was also noted as having a tanned complexion and was supposedly wearing a watch with a black band (no brand name listed).

http://www.nampn.org/cases/hine_kathaleen.html

Namus profile says nothing about the wig:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4388/0/

As per Charley Project, you get the distinct impression her husband caused her harm and never reported her missing:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hine_kathaleen.html

you have a woman in the same approximate age range as the UID, same state, time frame of one year from her disappearing to the date the skeleton was discovered, the presence of a brown wig, and Kathaleen was noted as having a tanned complexion, so it is not certain if that was just from being in the sun or whether there was any racial/ethnic component to it.

Kathaleen is a viable possible match. A few things to look into:
Kathaleen is listed as having especially small feet, a size 4-5. Does this match up with the mocassins found with the UID? Kathleen is also listed as having arthritis in her back. Does the UID have any signs of arthritis in the same area? I would definitely inquire with the person currently assigned to Kathaleens MP case. The shoe size and arthritis may be able to rule out or for LE to look further into dentals or seeing about obtaining a family dna sample. Good find webrocket!

Manatee County is on the gulf coast. IIRC it is north west of and not too far from Tampa. It's a bit of a ways from Miami Dade County but it is possible her husband, if responsible, could have transported her to Miami Dade County.

There's enough there that it should be looked at. Her height is within an inch. Her weight is good, her age is close enough, the timeline is good, she wore a wig, and you have a fairly similar watch description.

Too bad they didn't provide dental info, but with what you have, it's worth kicking off an e-mail.

I sent an email to Sandra Boyd at the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner's office and to Anthony Falsetti, who is the case manager for Kathaleen Elizabeth Folk-Hine missing person's case advising them of the potential match.

I know from other threads that Sandra Boyd has responded to other inquiries. I was not that fortunate.

does anyone here have some sort of rapport with Ms. Boyd that might get her attention to look at this possible match? it is not everyday we find a missing person and a UID with brown wigs.

I finally got a response from Sandra Boyd. she indicated that any match would have been picked up by Codis.

I looked back at the MP profile and it did not say what DNA tests were done or who the custodian was. I thanked Ms. Boyd for her response and simply indicated that for Kathaleen Folkk-Hine it was not clear where the DNA results were kept.

Three exclusions:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Lynn Bandringa 1945 California
Kathaleen Folk-Hine 1920 Florida
Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois

The following fractures are noted: Healing right side mandibular fracture, fracture of right zygomatic arch, fracture of left ribs 5-7 and 10-11, fracture of right ribs 7 and 10, healed fracture of left maxilla

Which sounds like domestic violence is a real possibility.

I also don't see the mention of possible AA admixture any more.

Three exclusions:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Lynn Bandringa 1945 California
Kathaleen Folk-Hine 1920 Florida
Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois

The following fractures are noted: Healing right side mandibular fracture, fracture of right zygomatic arch, fracture of left ribs 5-7 and 10-11, fracture of right ribs 7 and 10, healed fracture of left maxilla

Which sounds like domestic violence is a real possibility.

I also don't see the mention of possible AA admixture any more.

No new ruleouts.

I don't remember seeing this before, in Circumstances: "The deceased was found in a field. There was a skeleton of a horse in the area."

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Seems like Namus keeps changing and adding things on this case.

Now it mentions clothing. See below.

Clothing
Bra- size 32 B
White pants with a 9 inch print flower
White pleated panties- size 6
On the Body

Jewelry
A silver colored Timex watch with an expansion bracelet.

(Personally I think they got the pants and panties mixed up.. I think the pants had the pleats and the panties had the big printed flower. I don’t recall ever seeing pleated panties before)

No new ruleouts.

I don't remember seeing this before, in Circumstances: "The deceased was found in a field. There was a skeleton of a horse in the area."

I wonder if the horse was connected or if the field was part of a farm. This is so vague.

Pleated panties appear to be a style where the elastic band is covered by a pleated casing. All the examples that turned up on a web search were thong or g-string style. Reasonable choice to wear under white flowered pants.

1668UFFL

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date of Discovery: July 13, 1973
Location of Discovery: Kendale Lakes, Miami-Dade County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: 1 to 2 months prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton.
Cause of Death: Unknown

Estimated Age: 30-60 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'2" to 5'4"
Weight: 110 to 120 lbs.
Hair/Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Previous rib fracture

Dentals: Unknown; wore dentures
Fingerprints: Unavailable
DNA: Available; mtDNA and nucDNA at UNT #10-3424

Clothing: White pants with a 9" print flower; blue shirt with zipper front and turtleneck collar; off-white pleated shirt; scarlet leotards; white pleated panties, size 6; bra, size 32 B; brown pointed leather moccasins
Jewelry: Silver colored Timex watch with an expansion bracelet
Additional Personal Items: Brown wig; white wash cloth

Circumstances of Discovery
A construction worker operating a bulldozer found the decedent's skeletal remains in an open field near SW 137th Avenue and Sunset Drive. Her autopsy results showed a previous rib fracture. She also apparently wore dentures, which were not recovered. The skeleton of a horse was also found in the area.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: District 11 Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Brittney McLaurin, Medicolegal Death Investigator
Agency Phone Number: 305-545-2400
Agency E-Mail: cusme(at)miamidade.gov
Agency Case Number: 1973-1819

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics