Proposed Settlement with Defendants

STEADFAST

Reaction score
The settlement, which has yet to be approved by a judge, would allow five of the six defendants charged in the bullying last year of the 15-year-old South Hadley girl to admit to criminal harassment, a misdemeanor.
pixel.gif

pixel.gif

In exchange, prosecutors would drop more serious charges against them, a person familiar with the proposed agreement said this week. Prosecutors say the harsh treatment led Prince to commit suicide.
http://articles.boston.com/2011-04-28/news/29483532_1_phoebe-prince-elizabeth-scheibel-antibullying

South Hadley parents who rallied around the cause of Phoebe Prince reacted with outrage yesterday to reports that five of the six teens charged in connection with the Irish girl’s suicide are expected to be allowed to plead guilty to a lesser charge.
http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r..._angry_over_likely_plea_deals_in_prince_case/

Two of the six teenagers charged in connection with the bullying related suicide of a Massachusetts high school sophomore have been sentenced to a year of probation. Sean Mulveyhill pleaded guilty to criminal harassment Wednesday in Franklin-Hampshire Juvenile Court.
Kayla Narey pleaded to sufficient facts to the same charge, acknowledging the state could win conviction at trial.

They're also ordered to do 100 hrs community service and barred from profiting from the case.

NORTHAMPTON – Summoned by her mother, the spirit of Phoebe Prince was present briefly in Hampshire Superior Court Wednesday as two of the former schoolmates accused of bullying her had their reckoning.

Prince, 15, hanged herself on Jan. 14, 2010, ending her life along with what prosecutors say was a period of intense harassment by some fellow students at South Hadley High School. Six were ultimately charged in connection with her treatment. Two of them, Sean M. Mulveyhill and Kayla E. Narey, both 18, were ordered to serve one-year probation terms Wednesday after admitting to some of the charges.

(snip)

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/mulveyhill_and_narey_get_proba.html

The Phoebe Prince case is truly embarrassing for America. Makes us look bad. The bullies are no different from Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, Laurie Tackett, Melinda Lawless, Hope Rippey, and Toni Lawrence, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, and Osama bin laden and 9/11 Terrorists.

The Phoebe Prince case is truly embarrassing for America. Makes us look bad. The bullies are no different from Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, Laurie Tackett, Melinda Lawless, Hope Rippey, and Toni Lawrence, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, and Osama bin laden and 9/11 Terrorists.

I don't agree with that. I don't believe that another person FORCES someone to committ suicide. Suicide is a personal decision. People are responsible for their actions, not for another person's actions.

I don't agree with that. I don't believe that another person FORCES someone to committ suicide. Suicide is a personal decision. People are responsible for their actions, not for another person's actions.

There is no excuse or justification for what they did.

Phoebe's case is sad, and a life lost too young.

But there is the other side of the story, and those kids haven't been allowed to tell their side. There IS more that isn't being said.

Until we stop treating negative social feedback as the cause for suicide, we'll never be able to deal with depression/lack of desire to live and help out kids who are at risk for suicide. There is a basic lack of will to live that causes this.

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread. Not really sure where to post it. I'm not sure what to feel about this article. I have mixed emotions about it I guess.

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread. Not really sure where to post it. I'm not sure what to feel about this article. I have mixed emotions about it I guess.
It mentioned other South Hadley bullies and have been in trouble with the law.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back