976 users online (133 members and 843 guests)  

Websleuths News

Not Of This World

Thumbs up Race fan takes a drive around track for her 100th birthday

In a year that's already seen the youngest-ever winner of the Daytona 500, it's only appropriate that we hit the other end of the spectrum with what has to be the oldest driver ever to take a spin around a NASCAR track.

Meet Rachel Gilbert of Laconia, N.H. She's approaching her 100th birthday, and she's a NASCAR devotee. And as a birthday present, New Hampshire Motor Speedway gave her a chance to drive around the track in a Toyota Camry pace car.

And she wasn't in the shotgun seat. She was driving.

One other note: This was Gilbert's first time behind the wheel in about five years. So it's probably good that there was only one kind of turn involved.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Laguna Beach, CA
    I think this is terrific on so many levels. Good for her, good for whoever let them know it'd be a dream come true, and good for the team at the speedway for honoring her thta way. I love it!

Happy Belated Birthday, Rachel. You Go Girl!!
    Thunder is the voice of the sky gods, with the thunderbolt as their weapon, the destroyer of serpents and spiritual enemies.

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Great for her! Maybe when I turn 100 I'll finally get a chance to drive a Formula One car. Bernie Ecclestone will be 115 years old then and still in charge.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid